Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Not true, but I don't recall hearing of any within Outlands.
    taken from wowwiki...

The Old Gods (a.k.a. the Old Whisperings[1], the Elder Gods, the Old Lords[2] or the Dread Elders) are mysterious, godlike and greatly malefic horrors which ruled in tyranny over the infant universe before they were defeated and sequestered within the primordial world of Azeroth by the Titanic Pantheon.
    Bold proves what i said..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Old Gods are only present on Azeroth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: Who is the arakkoa "master" that Isfar talks about? It is not Terokk…

A: There are more Old Gods than just the ones trapped on Azeroth. It takes a lot for them to become manifested on a physical plane, however; see the quest line in Shadowmoon Valley that ends with "Thwart the Dark Conclave" for more information.
    Taken from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1008430853

/shoo

OT: i love the horde feat. alliance omaha beach reference in Fields of Farahlon !!! u did it better than i was expecting

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    taken from wowwiki...

Bold proves what i said..
    See the post above mine

Deleted
    I'm thinking about where the daily quest hubs should be placed. It would be more simple to decide the plot in the zone that way. Currently I've already decided some daily quests in Fields of Farahlon/Hellfire Peninsula:

- Take back Copper Harbor and the south coast of Fields of Farahlon by boat. (80 man = 40 Horde/40 Alliance)
    - Shoot down incoming flying demons and fel reavers at Hellfire's north coast coming from the ocean. (3 man)
    - Bombard the Legion's units from a plane while being chased by winged beasts. (3 man)
    - Heading back to Azeroth in order to recruit more soldiers in different zones and cities. (solo)
    - Defending the Horde and Alliance campements against possessed soldiers at Dark Portal. (solo)
    - Leading a small army as a lieutenant towards Throne of Kil'jaeden to push back the Legion. (solo)

So, there would be one daily quest hub in Shalaar, Mag'har Prairie and Netherwing Archipelago. Oh, and I was planning to make the Broken Islands a Wintergraspish battleground with dailies and stuff. Tell me what you think and give me some suggestions!

TBH, This looks great. I played TBC and it was great ! and I love outlands. but I didnt really like the biig revamp of the whole thing. I love every place (especially Nagrand!) in outland. but bring moar !

Deleted
    Idea for the devouring sea - After Nekros unleashed the power of the Skull of Gul'dan ontop of the Black Temple, corruption seeped through the entirety of outland. However, the inhabitants of the Devouring Sea were most affected. The treacherous magic that now sweeped through them had transformed them, both physically and mentally. Now they are weary of anyone who would entrench upon their terroritory. Amidst the chaos that is now going on in the Devouring Sea, the Horde and Alliance now seek to keep the sea at bay, as it is threatening to expand under the increased duress of the dark magics that it has been forced to contain. Adventurers must rush with all due haste into the sea, before it bursts into other zones, causing wide spread devastation, and destroying any hope they had of helping Me'dan. Rumors have also spread, rumors of a fierce creature, unlike any other, that waits in the bottoms of the sea, for any fool-hardy adventurers that dare come into his domain. With the only chance of keeping stability on the neighbouring zones, the fight has came to a full-scale front at the border, and co-operation between the Horde and Alliance has faded, as a three way battle is now underway.

Being forced into the seas, players will encounter an under-water sanctuary as their first questing hub. The town is being ravaged by the once peaceful animals, as the magic corrupting them has made them turn on anyone, friend or foe. As you complete the quests, you realize that there is no hope of saving the animals from the accursed magic, but instead your only chance is to slaughter the oncoming packs of deformed creatures. Eventually, adventurers will stave off the attack, only to find disagreements echoeing out from within the sanctuary. As they fight within for stability, they are now beset on from the outside by a much more sinister force than before.

While argueing among themselves, empowered naga have been found in small numbers within the zone, but their powers, imbued with the residue of magic from Gul'dans skull, seem to have no end to it. They have attacked the sanctuary, and this time, the tide is not in the favor of the fool-hardy adventurers. Having to pull back, plans for any defense or assault will have to be reached, if not then the Horde and the Alliance will be quickly overwhelmed by the terrible wild-life and the vigorous magic attacks of the empowered naga. If the battle for the Devouring Sea is lost, then it will rumble over to nearby zones, and any sense of hope they once hade will be gone, and all will descend into chaos.

- This could lead to a 5 man dungeon, or even a raid. Just an idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Like the new zones, no need to revamp. otherwise it is cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    /cry why do you feel you must buttrape outland? Wasn't Cata enough? Why do you do this? Is Blizzard paying to for the recylcing? Why cant you make the abyss a new zone,

LEAVE OUTLAND ALONE

Deleted
    HETHAAALIOOOOOON !
    ehemmm, i would like to suggest Alleria being imprisoned bellow auchindoun this whole time and reanimated to an undead servant of the burning legion. im also making Turalyon half-mutated and crazy prisoner that has lost most of his powers and manages to escape. we could make this a Turalyon vs. Alleria drama scene in the end. we could also bring Sylvanas and Vareesa ??

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    - This could lead to a 5 man dungeon, or even a raid. Just an idea.
    did this happen before the sundering of draenor or r u suggestion someone named "Nekros" to infiltrate Akama's temple of karabor and unleash the powers of the skull of guldan ?? this could be great if u developed and explained how it is connected with the NEW world (since all current races and animals r either old natives, mutations or things that came from the portals. so no evolution)

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post

Red - Burning Legion demons
    Purple - Burning Legion undead
    Yellow - Ogres
    Green - Arakkoa feat. Old God
    Blue - Astrals
    White circle - Screwed!
    btw, r the portals located in zangarmarsh, nagrand, BAM and fields of farahlon ?? guessing since the burning legion concentrated on those spots in the map u made

Deleted
    Ahh.. Wrote an answer to your question, realized I answered a different question :S
    Basically, Nekros used the skull on the Temple of Karabor/Black Temple as it would be named in the future, to open up portals to other worlds, he did this to escape the Sundering of Draenor.
    Also - To further expand, the magic that was in the Skull of Gul'dan would of caused the old wild life that lived in the devouring sea to be transformed. Nothings evolved.

Ah, Nerzhul. My bad, so many orcs in lore it gets confusing o.o
    Last edited by mmoc5fcc5b6438; 2011-04-25 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're thinking of Ner'zhul. Nekros is a different orc.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People complain way too much now about re-vamping old content, I think heads might explode if we re-vamped again. But it sounds cool at least. Good job putting together something coherent instead of random ramblings.
    Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rdenhov/simple

Deleted
    @Thedead241
    There is one problem with that suggestion: The Devouring Sea was destroyed and replaced by the Twisting Nether. So the new ocean is pretty much new and there is not much than some few aquatic animals, fishes, alges and microscopic lifeforms. If you could somehow make a rational twist to that I will totally add it to the conception! Since I want the Nagas to be part of this too

@Procadi
    1) That sounds like a plan. Else you could make the Arakkoa abduct them long time ago while the were wandering south. Doesn't matter, it sounds interesting. I'm counting on you!

Deleted
    @Thedead241
    There is one problem with that suggestion: The Devouring Sea was destroyed and replaced by the Twisting Nether. So the new ocean is pretty much new and there is not much than some few aquatic animals, fishes, alges and microscopic lifeforms. If you could somehow make a rational twist to that I will totally add it to the conception! Since I want the Nagas to be part of this too
    Ah, alright. Ill get thinking o.o First thought that comes into my mind is that residue of the magic was floating about in the twisting nether, dont know if it can, ill have to look that up, then some of the naga that was in Zangarmarsh that survived TBC moved to the devouring sea, and slowly got transformed by this residue.

Or some magic escapes from Medan, the residue changes it into a more sinister magic... Hmmz..

Deleted
    Damn! I must continue this. Totally forgot this thread after I returned to Sweden. My apologies! Now, now... Writing...

Nice photoshop, bro.

Deleted
    Now you're being cruel. It was paint on a laptop!

10+ Year Old Account
    While you idea is amazing, and you did a good job with the pictures, i have to say "no" to going back to the outland. You could have created a new plane, similar to outland, with all those new zones. But seriously, i wouldnt want to go back there for an expansion, hellfire gets in my nerves.

But yeah, im all in for bringing Mal'Ganis back. He is much more badass than kiljaeden or illidan.
    Heck, how many times have we "killed" him now? 4? 5? The guy just doesnt stay dead!
    - New secondary profession: Pedagogy
    Thats one lame name for a profession, call it Tutor, Tutoring or Tutorship.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    ^ we scrapped the idea long ago. u know, this is an OPEN thread which means that u can influence its content.

anyway, where the hell r the updates? oh well.. u changed medans reasons. a vision like his fathers huh? intresting. i think the plot in the hardest zone to come up with something:

netherwing archipelao
    the netherwing flight, now declared as native inhabitants of draenor, have felt a strong withdrawal since the planet's rebirth cut their sorce of power, the nether. desperate and paranoid that humanoids will take advantage of their weakness to enslave them, <insert name> has proposed a way to open a rift into the nether without causing disasters in the new planet. driven into exile from blade edge mountains, shadowmoon valley and fields of farahlon by different reasons they now have gathered in the old site of deathwings lair, discovering the tools <insert name> needed to fulfill his plans to save his/her brethren.

in human disguises they built a city on the rocky islands to retain the energies from the nether. hunted by <insert new invading faction> ship a group of drakes coming from the south sought help, leading to a battle between the two forces. being weakened by the lack of power they suffered <insert name> hastened the preparations to open the rift with no further tests empowering the flight once again. but as the netherwing flight's victory became clearer the <insert invading race> noticed the source of their power and crashed their ship into the building, unleashing a ripple of unstable energy over the atmosphere causing a time distortion.

it was when <insert name> woke up from the explosion that he noticed extreme changes in the islands, that now were ruins, as if decades had passed. the netherwing drakes were sent to see if any other places were affected by the time crack, which in their shock was exactly what had happened........

- oOooOooOooh now try to fit that one in the thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    It should include an Illidan redemption plot tbh. He wasn't killed in the black temple, he just had a minor setback and as it turns out, Akama was the big bad wolf of the expansion, manipulating the heroes of Azeroth to go after him helped by that crazy Maiev. This time the black temple could be the first tiered instance and we have to kill off Maiev in order to free Illidan. If we don't free him we will stand powerless against Kil'jaeden which has once again been summoned, this time in Aszhara...
    I refuse to that kill that crazy, yapping, beautiful, sexy Night Elf.