Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.1 the fate of ffliction locks

Does anyone have a sim of 4.1 affliction dps? I've seen the blue posts on the increase of mastery felhunter bite and haunt bump on damage.
    Ive been playing my lock since BC and i've always enjoyed affliction so are gonna actually see affliction beat destro? Destro reminds me of a mage to much -.-

Elitist Jerks theorycrafting suggests it will be THE highest dps spec in 4.1.

15+ Year Old Account
    We will be fine. Anyone moaning if 2/3 specs will end up at top5 dps should have their head checked

Havent checked PTR out yet but I really hope felhunter will shine more than Succu, so tired of using my Demon Soul for boring as hell Shadowbolts >:
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-04-06 at 08:44 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Man I can't wait for the patch.

I agree nilnar. Im tired as heck of destro and demo is the same as ever. Freaking shadowbolts take forever to cast it seems....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockndrop View Post
    increase of mastery
    Shadow Mastery is getting increased.. 25% --> 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    Shadow Mastery is getting increased.. 25% --> 30%.
    5% is quite nice by itself, but you also have...

35% boost to Haunt damage. Not terribly alot but considering your going to shoot this out anyway...

25% boost to Seed Damage, Very helpful for AOE...

Massive boost to felhunter damage, putting it ahead of succubus in terms of damage...

Because of the felhunter buff you get full use of the Demon soul he brings which makes your dots 30% better while active...

Im looking forward to playing an affliction spec that can do comparable if not better damage only this time not having to babysit the stupid ISF buff.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you guys don't get nerfed, going to enjoy my warlock very much

na dont worry, maybe a week or so than 10% nerf

I hate these threads that people put up that say "Which spec will be top dps?"

And then you get someone who theorycrafts "Oh this spec is gonna do the most dps"

I gotta call Bull Sh!t on that. You know which spec will be the spec that you will output most dps on? THE ONE YOU DONT FREAKING SUCK AT!! The one you are most comfortable with.

Plus, since when do you just stand there and cast on a boss without having to do anythign else? NEVER! which is how these damn worthless theorycrafts are made..

in other words.. find the spec you dont suck at, that you actually enjoy.. and stick with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post
    I hate these threads that people put up that say "Which spec will be top dps?"

And then you get someone who theorycrafts "Oh this spec is gonna do the most dps"

I gotta call Bull Sh!t on that. You know which spec will be the spec that you will output most dps on? THE ONE YOU DONT FREAKING SUCK AT!! The one you are most comfortable with.

Plus, since when do you just stand there and cast on a boss without having to do anythign else? NEVER! which is how these damn worthless theorycrafts are made..

in other words.. find the spec you dont suck at, that you actually enjoy.. and stick with it
    You shouldn't suck at any spec. We have one role. Therefore, sims are assuming you have half a brain and yes, affliction in on top in ptr sims.

10+ Year Old Account
    If destro reminds you of a mage, then you certainly haven't played destro recently In contains right about the same dot management as affli does due to the indirect auto-refreshers

Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    If destro reminds you of a mage, then you certainly haven't played destro recently In contains right about the same dot management as affli does due to the indirect auto-refreshers
    Actually contains more dot and cd management than aff on a single target fight.

Deleted
    People who say that Destruction Warlocks are like mages are just plain stupid. It's nothing like it, and you obviously don't know how to play your class/spec-combo, then. Destruction (back when it ISF couldn't be 'clipped') was an insanely hard spec to maintain at times, but the change to ISF has made it easier, but I still wouldn't call it an easy spec to pump out some easy DPS on. I think Affliction is far easier.

And to that guy who raged about simcrafts and shit, you really need to learn to know this game properly. Yes, naturally, everything depends on the player, but as an endgame raider, you should be able to switch between specs and keep yourself updated with what's theoretically the best DPS spec. I like Demonology better than I like Destruction at times, but that doesn't mean I'll go play it for a progress fight, because I KNOW I'll pump out around 10k more DPS in Destruction if I play it right.
    Last edited by mmoc0f5e48fd7e; 2011-04-07 at 10:38 PM. Reason: More DPS in Destruction*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophute View Post
    And to that guy who raged about simcrafts and shit, you really need to learn to know this game properly. Yes, naturally, everything depends on the player, but as an endgame raider, you should be able to switch between specs and keep yourself updated with what's theoretically the best DPS spec. I like Demonology better than I like Destruction at times, but that doesn't mean I'll go play it for a progress fight, because I KNOW I'll pump out around 10k more DPS in Destruction if I play it right.
    That's ridiculous hyperbolic nerd rage right there. You may like to play demo, but to play it well means using a different gearing concept compared to destro. The two do not go hand in hand, especially in heroics progression.

Demo is extremely competetive when done right on single target fights.
    Last edited by Ozteck; 2011-04-07 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neophute View Post
    People who say that Destruction Warlocks are like mages are just plain stupid. It's nothing like it, and you obviously don't know how to play your class/spec-combo, then. Destruction (back when it ISF couldn't be 'clipped') was an insanely hard spec to maintain at times, but the change to ISF has made it easier, but I still wouldn't call it an easy spec to pump out some easy DPS on. I think Affliction is far easier.

lol, 10K? no, the difference is like 2k...if that.

And yeah, you should be able to play all three specs, but people have a spec they prefer...and as they prefer it, they'll probably be better at it.

i.e. I can play all three specs. as destro I get 20-21k dps, as affliction I get 20-21k, as demo I get 18-19k. That's on a single target fight, of course.

Now, before you say "Hey, Destro should be higher" yeah...my dot uptimes as affliction are all above 98%, my dot uptimes as destro are around 95%. so while if I sat in front of a training dummy and practiced for the next 10 hours I could get destro higher than affliction...but I don't like destro, I've never liked destro, if tomorrow bliz said that in 4.1 they were removing the destro tree, I wouldn't care (other than feeling sorry for people who like it that is).

So while I use destro as my OS, and use it for some fights because of fight mechanics favoring BoH, I prefer to use affliction, and I'm better at affliction. And the difference in my skill between the two specs, is enough to make affliction and destro do equal dps for me.

Deleted
    Destro might have 1-2 more things to watch out for on SINGLE TARGET fights.

Anytime you have 2+ targets up, affliction becomes incredibly harder than the 5minute autocleave spec. And THIS is where your 'uber damage' damage comes from. You can make a lot of errors in destro and still top charts. If you wanna top charts as affli (you cannot on single target) you NEED at least 2 targets, and SE up to 3 on both of them. Try that on P1 of Nefarian. Good luck timing the electrocutes and tailswipes. So you just go destro and faceroll BoH, then press 5 buttons and think OMG this is tough. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post

Anytime you have 2+ targets up, affliction becomes incredibly harder than the 5minute autocleave spec. And THIS is where your 'uber damage' damage comes from. You can make a lot of errors in destro and still top charts. If you wanna top charts as affli (you cannot on single target) you NEED at least 2 targets, and SE up to 3 on both of them. Try that on P1 of Nefarian. Good luck timing the electrocutes and tailswipes. So you just go destro and faceroll BoH, then press 5 buttons and think OMG this is tough. Sure.
    and: apply dots > haunt > shadowbolt 3x > switch target > soulswap> haunt > SB 3x > repeat is realy hard ?

(yes i know there is more to affli then that just using the same excagioration (i so miss-spelled that) as he did)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post

I haven't played Aff yet, but as destro you also need to keep Immo, Corr and S&F refreshed on the secondary target as well. Not to mention that on a single target you typically are already fighting timers to max damage.
    BoH is nice, no argument about that, but on most fights you need to switch it around when changing targets. Which means it's not a 5 min fire-and-forget spell.