Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjeize View Post
    and: apply dots > haunt > shadowbolt 3x > switch target > soulswap> haunt > SB 3x > repeat is realy hard ?

(yes i know there is more to affli then that just using the same excagioration (i so miss-spelled that) as he did)
    I lol'd. And while tanking a boss, how hard can it be to top the meters, you just press really fast!
    Affli dual-target is far from as simple as you've made it out to be. And your "simplified" rotation pretty much failed to include 50% if it. First off, you only haunt One target.. SE lasts 12sec, and why do you SB x 3 when Haunt also gives a stack of SE?. Seems like you have Uber knowledge.If you are aloud to dps them stationary (as on dummies, then what in this word is hard to do?) sure, it's "simple", but you still have to haunt main target, SE 3x on both, and you refresh the dots on your main target and SS no more often than 15sec. You will see enough times that SE tend to drop from atleast your focus target when there is alot going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post
    I hate these threads that people put up that say "Which spec will be top dps?"

And then you get someone who theorycrafts "Oh this spec is gonna do the most dps"

I gotta call Bull Sh!t on that. You know which spec will be the spec that you will output most dps on? THE ONE YOU DONT FREAKING SUCK AT!! The one you are most comfortable with.

Plus, since when do you just stand there and cast on a boss without having to do anythign else? NEVER! which is how these damn worthless theorycrafts are made..

in other words.. find the spec you dont suck at, that you actually enjoy.. and stick with it
    Really man?? Sure you might be right if you raid with a few of your buddies and dont care about being near the top of your progression. It's not just about theroycrafting....if you were a serious raider you would compare logs from top end guilds to view and compile info to see which spec puts out the most dps for different bosses. Blizzard will never have all 3 specs balanced perfectly! so if Dest. can do 2000 more dps on avg. compared to demo than you should use Dest! if your not as comfortable with it then you should practice until you are unless you just dont really care about progression which is fine but i would assume this person does or they wouldnt be asking the question. if 5 dps that you raid with picks the spec that does 2k less potential dmg because they think its more fun then your raid as a whole is doing 10,000 less dps than it could!! if you dont think that would affect your progression then you are very wrong! So you should applaud people that want to know about theory crafting and get on here to figure out and talk about how to get a little more dps out of their toon and stop and reflect on why you would troll people with your rants that are self asorbed and carry little weight unless you just want to be a bad ass in 5 man heroics.

Too bad the most significant buff 'to affliction' consists of a buff to the felhunter. In my opinion, pets or minions, shouldn't do such a high portion of our damage. Just like how white damage shouldn't be as high as it is with melee classes. I call this extremely poor design of gameplay.

Affliction used to be my preferred spec, back when I considered it challenging to play. Now I don't really have a favourite spec, I just enjoy changing from destro to aff and back, from time to time. I'd rather not touch demonology.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Too bad the most significant buff 'to affliction' consists of a buff to the felhunter. In my opinion, pets or minions, shouldn't do such a high portion of our damage. Just like how white damage shouldn't be as high as it is with melee classes. I call this extremely poor design of gameplay.

Affliction used to be my preferred spec, back when I considered it challenging to play. Now I don't really have a favourite spec, I just enjoy changing from destro to aff and back, from time to time. I'd rather not touch demonology.
    I may totally misinterpet this, but the felhunter was merely buffed to the level of the Succubus (Well, it seems to be 500dps more than the succy atm, but..). Most of the dps Increase Affli will see in 4.1 is mainly through (if I'm not completly wrong here..) the Demon Soul. DS:felhunter is sooo much better than DS:Succy. That aswell as the passive shadow dmg buff, and the woping(sarcasm) 30% increase to Haunt a big chunk of the dmg buff will indeed come from the warlock itself.

<3 Affliction. It's doing pretty high DPS with the buffs to shadow bite and haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    I may totally misinterpet this, but the felhunter was merely buffed to the level of the Succubus (Well, it seems to be 500dps more than the succy atm, but..). Most of the dps Increase Affli will see in 4.1 is mainly through (if I'm not completly wrong here..) the Demon Soul. DS:felhunter is sooo much better than DS:Succy. That aswell as the passive shadow dmg buff, and the woping(sarcasm) 30% increase to Haunt a big chunk of the dmg buff will indeed come from the warlock itself.
    If you use your soulshards correctly, you already have the Felhunters demon soul up at least twice every encounter. 30% increase in Haunt's initial damage isn't great. Shadow Mastery's buff is nice, obviously, but also not ground breaking. Shadow Bite is over the top. I've seen it crit for over 40k on ptr, with all procs up. Dpssing actively is more fun than having a huge chuck added automatically: Pet damage/white damage.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Lash of pain already does well over 10k crits for me (WoL says average crit of 10502 on V&T for example - and remember this is average, not all procs up crits). Given that it casts it 4 times as often, I don't think the pet damage buff is going to be enourmous. The biggest buff I can see is the 4% shadow damage buff.

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    Lash of pain already does well over 10k crits for me (WoL says average crit of 10502 on V&T for example - and remember this is average, not all procs up crits). Given that it casts it 4 times as often, I don't think the pet damage buff is going to be enourmous. The biggest buff I can see is the 4% shadow damage buff.
    Just saying, it's poor design when a passive ability does such a large portion of something you should be doing actively. To see how much the buffs actually weigh you could simcraft both pets.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    its is about a 1500 dps increase for me currently )) so im a bit excited. keep in mind a few things, drain aff always looks better on spreads then it does actually, and the more haste you have the better it looks but it still doesnt neccesarily translate, shadow bolt it is most likely for the highest dps possible in real world.

dont underestimate the increase in haunt either like some people are its translating into a very healthy dps increase, along with the felpups new stronger biting ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of upset the easier to play spec(affliction) is going to surpass the more complicated spec(destruction) by such a large margin after patch....Destro really needs some love.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the buffs are nice for Patchwerk single target stand-still encounters, which include Chimaeron.

Destro and Aff, in practical application will each be superior to the other on certain encounters based upon whether BoH or SSwap excel.

Aff won't suddenly wreck Destro on Magmaw, it will still have low movement DPS on Atramedes, etc etc. But it will definitely be getting a big boost in the places it already shines (V&T, Nef, Al'akir).

Either way, it is indeed important to have a good understanding of both of these specs.

For me, personally, the best change out of all of 4.1 is the buff to RoF and SoC. Aff and Destro will finally be on equal grounds (if not better) for Maloriak, one of the main fights where Demo is better. It will still probably be superior on Sinestra. Hatas gonna hate, but I cannot stand - what I feel - is the clunky, faceroll playstyle of Demo that is totally carried by pet white dmg and a CD. Finally, the other two specs can do ae DPS without being forced into speccing trollface aedps and terribad single target.
    Warlock spamming chain-fear since '05
    Death Knight Priest Hunter
    Paladin Mage Druid Rogue

Will never roll a Warrior or Shaman

Yes, I am a Sylvanas fanboy.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the advent of 4.1 and fel hunter being our primary pet, will the UA glyph be the one we are swapping out for Lash?

Deleted
    SoC buff isnt that spectacular tbh, best thing about SoC is the soulburn mechanic for it, for any situation with 5+ or so adds like magmaw or maloriak etc. soulburning a SoC and then hitting the pack of mobs with shadowflame allows you to do some pretty insane damage without spam casting SoC. The pet buff as people have said the only real boost we will see is from demon soul. The 5% shadow spell damage is whats gunna give us the real boost. I'm interested in 3rd prime glyph choice as well for 4.1, imo its between UA glyph and BoA glyph.

Deleted
    Hate destro now, I can go back to my affliction again. Very happy, cant wait for 4.1

I'm just really excited to go back to affliction again. Although I wonder how the raid will suffer since destro does offer some nice utility vs. affl and who doesnt enjoy BoH. I just wonder how fights like Omnni will be as affl especially in heroic I guess I can use demo for that. Either way I look forward to this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Slumdarse View Post
    I'm just really excited to go back to affliction again. Although I wonder how the raid will suffer since destro does offer some nice utility vs. affl and who doesnt enjoy BoH. I just wonder how fights like Omnni will be as affl especially in heroic I guess I can use demo for that. Either way I look forward to this patch.
    What's the problem with omnotron heroic as affliction? If you're worried about dots on shields, you can just unglyph soulswap and you suddenly have more ability to stop your dots on the target than either of the other lock specs.