Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Heartnet View Post
    The people complaining about how boring it is are most likely players who haven't experienced/done everything there is to do in WoW and simply just have a short attention span.
    not at all, mate. for ppl like me its the opposite. i achieved everything i wanted in wow, tbc & wotlk, but after hitting 85 in cata (which i did enjoy), i continued to raid, but there was something missing. even doing dailiy hc`s & quests i found boring, maybe it was just the right time to call it a day
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2011-04-06 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentshank View Post
    not true at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    My guild is barely into heroic, yet I find the raid content some of the most fun I've had in WoW since TBC.

The problem is, that's all there is. I don't enjoy PvP as much as I used to, and besides Raiding and PvP, there is NOTHING to do that is fun. Leveling used to be fun when it was still a challenge to run level-appropriate dungeons and do group quests, but these things are history.
    Both of you, please elaborate. I'm being serious, not to knock you guys, it's just that I am honestly having fun and I haven't done everything either.

What are the reasons that make your daily activities in WoW not fun any more? Inbalance, grinding for gear/etc.? There's no way we can help each other find new things to do if we don't explain why we are bored with that we already have.

Also, I can agree about the leveling thing. With more heirlooms and guild exp bonuses, leveling is a joke and everything that comes with it, quests, lore. Everything is handed to you. And for an RPG, thats just retarded. This might as well be a 2D platform jumper, adventure game. T_T
    Last edited by Train Heartnet; 2011-04-06 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the boredom comes from that fact that despite being a new expansion, the game is still the same old WoW that people have been playing for years.

I'm sure if they came out with Cata instead of TBC back in the day, people would still be creaming their pants.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    not at all, mate. for ppl like me its the opposite. i achieved everything i wanted in wow, tbc & wotlk, but after hitting 85 in cata (which i did enjoy), i continued to raid, but there was something missing. even doing dailiy hc`s & quests i found boring, maybe it was just the right time to call it a day
    Well, then thats just simply being burned out. There is absolutely no problem with that. Something being boring is not the same as when you get burned out. I have two friends that were the ones who brought me into WoW and taught me how to play initially. They both have quit, due to being burned out on WoW. And they are people who still love and respect the game.

It's kind of like retirement from a professional sport. :P

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I think the boredom comes from that fact that despite being a new expansion, the game is still the same old WoW that people have been playing for years.

I'm sure if they came out with Cata instead of TBC back in the day, people would still be creaming their pants.
    It's like Super Mario Bros. It was and will always be a great game, but I got burned out after Paper Mario.

Deleted
    personal experience:
    no reason to do dailies after reaching exalted

pvp has to be your game. I am a PvE-er who sometimes does a BG or TB. Even with more stuff, i don't like it more and thus don't it more.

I haven't done a daily HC since i got my glory and all justice stuff i wanted, and that has been since the day i could spend justice on craftitems. Never did a HC since

I am pretty bored, true. What i miss is daily hubs like the tournament, with stuff to gain. Even now i still could do dailies there for the last non combat pet i need. All other stuff i have. and the fact that 10-25 man raids have been merged cost me a few nights of raiding. Even with toying around and fun raids, achievement raids and HC attempts we still clear all in 3 days. With a 2nd lockout i could keep myself busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk4MVP View Post
    TBC: More specific classes/buffs. Great Arena, PvP and Open World PvP (Sunwell Isle). Vanilla/TBC was just harder, you had to farm pots and recruit/level classes for specific buffs (Prot-Pally for AE-Tanking/Survival Hunter/Shadowpriest etc).
    Since Fail King every class is nearly the same, every class got AE/Interrupt/CC. Every Tank has a Last Stand, is good at AE-Aggro, Single-Target Aggro...

WoW is rediculous bad because:
    # The EZ-Moade+More HP/DMG Modes
    # The "Bring the Player not the Class" aka give every class just everything
    Sorry to break it to you, but farming pots/ recruiting classes isn't hard, it's just annoying. That's like saying resistance fights were magically harder because you couldn't wear your normal gear.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are saying it's boring cause it gets repetitive doing the same thing for the last several years...

Quote Originally Posted by Train Heartnet View Post
    The people complaining about how boring it is are most likely players who haven't experienced/done everything there is to do in WoW and simply just have a short attention span.
    lol prety fail comment right there. How about people who have done everything over and over and fucking over to the point of boredom :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Lets see now before Cat i was raiding with all mine toons every day all day in Wrath. Now i raid only with mine main its bored
    Maybe you should server transfer. There's pugs clearing 4-5/6 BWD and at least 2/4 BoT every day on my server.
    Last edited by Papalenin; 2011-04-06 at 08:58 PM.

People had 2 years of being able to clear 99% of content running on 10% care, cata hit and 10% care is good for a few normal mode bosses and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    these are my sentiments exactly...it makes me laugh that people feel the need to call out people who have had enough. After 5.5 years i recently called it a day. I got bored of logging in, checking auction house, doing dailies...for me it got repetitive, it got boring. Each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    I’m just curious as to what you were doing in previous wow expansions that made them less boring?

-Dailys
    They didn’t show up till the 2 or 3rd patch in BC and in vanilla you didn’t get them at all.

-PVP
    You have been getting progressively more maps every expac so your not doing the base 3 that were released in vanilla.

-Dungeons
    We still got a bunch of them you can run too and there are even rewards now for actually completing them instead of looking in LFG for a tank for 2+ hours only to get one that was sub par geared and would drop group the moment his trinket didn’t drop off the first boss.

So when people are saying that cata is boring and there is nothing to do after you raid for the week and do your dailys. What were you doing when there was less content but apparently the game was less boring?

Or is it just the communities every present thirst for new content? because I swear I remember threads just like that back around 3.0 when the only raid content was naxx/sarth/maly and the hardcore guilds could burn through them all in one 4 hour raid block.
    PVP - zzz same as ever, except maybe a rated bg or two if you're lucky
    Dailies - zzz same as ever, nothing new. Grind grind grind til you're exalted, then what?
    Dungeons - zzz heroics are the same old gear grind, plus there's content missing for the people that aren't in hardcore guilds, don't have the time to devote to hard raiding anymore, or just can't find a guild that will let them to the top content they want to do. I can count on one hand the raiding options casuals and semi-casuals have as far as current content goes.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Deleted
    in short.. why NOW.. is more boring.. than .. Then .. - NOW... everything is too easy.. you just queue for stuff.. everything comes fast.. so fast.. that after a month.. you are good geared.. done almost everything there is more than once.. and got bored.. where in vanilla.. everything came slow.. it was much harder to get.. and so on.. that way it didn't get so boring so fast.. very simple

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhaven View Post
    There is nothing in this game anymore not gear nor weapon that is now impressive to have. They made mounts such as the one from Sethekk Halls easily farmable like it was so hard to find a druid talk to them and maybe become friends while farming a mount. Or better yet lets just take away the pride someone has for getting a title from classic such as Grand Marshal and lets give it to some random kid who doesn't know his left hand from his right.....

When nothing has merit in a game. There no longer becomes a point in doing it. Right now only raiding has the slightest bit of Merit. That is why everyone is bored when they aren't Raiding.
    Quoted for truth. I have gone from an even split PVE and PVP (from Vanilla through Wrath) to mostly PVP now. I don't have a group to do RBG with so I just get my lolConquest once a week and call it good. There is no pride in this game anymore.
    And it irks me too that you can just pointlessly grind RBGs for a week and get Commander title... I remember grinding for months and coming up just shy of Lt Commander on two toons but they just HAND it out now. And before the 'lol go do RBGs then scrub'... trust me I would if I had a group to do it with.

Quote Originally Posted by 64Bit View Post
    lol prety fail comment right there. How about people who have done everything over and over and fucking over to the point of boredom :P
    This isn't 4chan, so you can leave the immature comments at the door, ok thanks.

And if you've done everything there is to do in the game over and over, you may want to take a break and try other things.
    Last edited by Train Heartnet; 2011-04-06 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    And if you had a crappy guild like mine at the time it would take a week of raiding 3+ hours every day.
    That was a frustrating time.

"Okay guys, positive right, negative left. Got it?" *Half the positives go left and wipe the raid* "/facepalm"
    Ahahahahaha i hear that
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light. Hunters do it with the help of animal companions.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the problem started in Cata. I think what made WoW boring started when the RDF came into play. Before RDF I used to talk in /4 chan LF people to run heroics/dungeons. You got to meet ALOT of people that way, and while I did this, I made alot of close friends. But, ever since RDF came out, there was no need to waste time LFG, instead Blizzard just tosses you random people (Mostly from different servers) and you would play with them for 15-30 min or so, then after it's basically bye-bye forever, "Now wheres some more random people who I won't talk to at all?" That is what truely ruined WoW for me. If you don't believe me, make a toon and lvl it to 85, once you hit 85 check your friends list and tell me how many friends you made along the way. But before you do that, compare it to your main's friend list and you will see alot more friends.

I used to be able to world pvp for hours all over azeroth, now Blizzard has exiled me to Tol Barad WOE IS ME WOE IS ME now all i do is camp sw and grow increasingly bitter towards everyone I see WOE IS ME I feel like the game got so much smaller in these years WWOOOEEE ISS MEEE DDD;;;;

Quote Originally Posted by Insenia View Post
    PvP, old av's and wsg matches could take 12 hours, not rusrushrushrushkilboss
    The reason it got cut down, was because the majority of players didn't appreciate 12 hour battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk4MVP View Post
    TBC: More specific classes/buffs. Great Arena, PvP and Open World PvP (Sunwell Isle). Vanilla/TBC was just harder, you had to farm pots and recruit/level classes for specific buffs (Prot-Pally for AE-Tanking/Survival Hunter/Shadowpriest etc).
    Since Fail King every class is nearly the same, every class got AE/Interrupt/CC. Every Tank has a Last Stand, is good at AE-Aggro, Single-Target Aggro...

WoW is rediculous bad because:
    # The EZ-Moade+More HP/DMG Modes
    # The "Bring the Player not the Class" aka give every class just everything
    I'm having a hard time taking anything seriously from a guy who doesn't even know how to spell, but...

It must've been a BLAST for the paladins buffing the raid outside raids back in TBC. Must've been fun almost not being able to do timed ZA's, because your second tank wasn't a prot paladin.

Get over it already.
    Last edited by aeir; 2011-04-06 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    Let us who like WoW (and yes, I've been playing since Vanilla) play it and be happy.

Getting kinda sick of all the people whining about how boring this game is.