Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmage View Post
    And THAT's what gets you the most rewards now with this game, and rewards are what people are looking for now. Used to log in to see what kind of antics we could get up to in a far off zone on a non-raid night. Now you know exactly what is going to happen every day you log on, hell people know exactly what gear they're working towards with "insertrepgainedbydulldailieshere" so they can work towards more purpz in raids. Exploration and random world pvp made this game for me, it's gone now...as am I.
    My sub ticks off very soon as well.

The effort needed before to get things were astronomical compared to now. Hell I remember working towards a NR set as well as Argent Dawn rep to app to good guilds and it was a serious challenge, stuff like that people buy without second thought on the AH off the earning of a few dailies.

Doing the shifting sands questline at 80 was by far the single most fun I've had in WoW. It was something that I could immerse myself in, and wasn't tedious boring farming. Recreate events like that and blizzard will earn back another sub, and probably many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhaven View Post
    Dailies - Used to have a story *cough* BC *cough* behind them or a nice prequest like the orgrila ones.

PVP - Wish they never took away marks. Which gave incentive for doing all the bgs. Also honor just turned into a joke period and just the whole pvp system in general. Its funny how WSG and AB and the old AV(This is my personal opinion) are still the best bgs period.

Dungeons - Well gear used to mean something. Remember when heroics didn't hand out free epixs? oh wait I forgot noone wants to try for gear anymore. Why should we have to try to do heroics or dungeons, after all we just want to raid. People seem to miss the fact that if you used to want to raid you used to have to do heroics.

Professions - Remember when money actually had vaule? Remember when Blacksmiths actually made awsome weapons? Or when Bots weren't everywhere?

There is nothing in this game anymore not gear nor weapon that is now impressive to have. They made mounts such as the one from Sethekk Halls easily farmable like it was so hard to find a druid talk to them and maybe become friends while farming a mount. Or better yet lets just take away the pride someone has for getting a title from classic such as Grand Marshal and lets give it to some random kid who doesn't know his left hand from his right.....

When nothing has merit in a game. There no longer becomes a point in doing it. Right now only raiding has the slightest bit of Merit. That is why everyone is bored when they aren't Raiding.
    Most dailies in cata do have a story, the dwarves want their beer, the baradin guys gotta keep up the island and the therazanes gotta keep their realm in order, the marks in pvp were always fidgety, and the cap of 100 forced you to spend them if you wanted a reason to do bgs, Bots where around back then, just less prominent, and if your counting the whole one weapon makes a different one part of blacksmithing, that was cool, but doesn't take out too much of the value in it,

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people have done all they want to do, it is just a game, there's millions more out there, which is where I've been spending my time

It is boring because the loremaster of Wow died or quit?If the story was good game would be good.They killed Illidan, Vash, Kael too early.
    Another thing is i know many people that started Wow past 2-3 years never played "Warcraft" they dont mind playing something else its same with Wow for them, and i know it is Warcraft and its story that made Wow so popular.
    Nothing in Wotlk and Cata gives the feeling Outland gave especially Nagrand.