Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not able to cure Poisen effects as a Priest

I found out a short while ago that the Boss fight against "Lord Walden" the 2nd to last boss that attacks the 5 man party with a Green Poison. In the Shadowfang Keep Instance Heroic!

As a Priest I have three ability's to fight against Disease and to dispel magic.

1) cure disease
    2) Dispel, single target
    3) Mass dispel

In the Priest holy tree I read this off the one talent:

Body and Soul: 2/2
    When you cast power word: Shield or Leap of faith, you increase the target's movement speed by 60% for 4 sec, and you have a 100% chance when you cast curse Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.

Now that sounds Awesome a 100% chance to cleanse a poison effect!

But it doesn't work and I die and the 5 man group dies because I cant heal them, however that fight is goofy in the fact that the Tank is not attacked with the poison and if he is good enough he can stay alive on ability's and kill the Boss alone. This is a situational for example, the Dev's can try this fight if they like and will find out that a druid in group or a paly can buff the poison off the whole party with no issues, however if a priest is the lone healer the group is dead right after the priest cannot cleanse.

I find it very upsetting however that the Priests 100% ability to cleanse off a Poison does not work? This is now an issue in all party's and raids where the priest is effected by Poison and cannot cleanse it off.

Or it might be because you totally failed and didn't move and take 0 damage ?

Does your 5m grps die because you can't dispel poison ?
    If it is like that.. you may have other problems to deal with

Why not move to get that debuff away?

Run around for a few seconds and that debuff clears.

Just tell everyone to keep moving, jumping works as well.

yea as mud said, you have to move around when he's casting that poison

Deleted
    You should try to do the fight properly. When he casts that everyone in the group has to stay moving, it's nothing to do with dispelling.

Deleted
    He refreshes it every second I believe, so just move and you won't take any damage.

Body and Soul: 2/2
    When you cast power word: Shield or Leap of faith, you increase the target's movement speed by 60% for 4 sec, and you have a 100% chance when you cast curse Disease on yourself to also cleanse 1 poison effect in addition to diseases.
    On top of that, the green debuff means -> MOVE for everyone, or jump as the people above said. The red one stand still, yes there is a poison effect he does on a single person which you cannot dispell as a priest unless it is on (again) Yourself. But it doesn't do all that much damage anyway, so you should really have no issues unless people stand still when they are supposed to move or visa versa.

Deleted
    Few notes:
    Yes he does cast a poison spell doing poison mixture, but it is quite minimal and only really hits 1 person (if not stacked). You can cure it on yourself or just heal it on others. Complaining about us not having a poison dispel for that is dumb. You probably died to the green mixture which is countered by moving around like others have mentioned (turn green = move --- turn red = stand still)

If you wanna complain about something you should complain about the last boss doing a 1.0 sec cast cursed bullets which is not very pug friendly (bad interrupters say hello) that priests and paladins can't cure that ticks for insane amounts.

Thank you lady Jane for responding to my post and reading it

To the others I was talking about the poison effect not all the other fight mechanics you mentioned and it's nice to see you know how to do those as well. I also mentioned that I used that fight as an example!

The Talent in the priest tree is a 100% chance to cleanse poisons and that is not working.

We need to focus our attention on the fact that an ability is broken or none functional in the priest talent tree and not the situational image I created as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Oathanvil View Post
    The Talent in the priest tree is a 100% chance to cleanse poisons and that is not working.
    It only works on yourself, I'm not sure if you figured that out, it's hard to read your run-on sentences.

Specific to Lord Walden:
    The green "spray" called Toxic Coagulant can't be dispelled. If someone decides to stand still during the green spray, don't stop to heal them. Instant casts or let them die.

The green "bottle" (Conjure Poisonous Mixture) he throws leaves a poison debuff that can be dispelled (but really, it only ticks for 5k x15, nothing that you can't heal through). If the holy priest happens to get hit by the bottle, he should be able to use Cure Disease to remove the poison from himself.

p.s. Every healer has 1 or 2 types of curse/disease/poison that they can not dispel, it's just how the game works. Walden might be annoying for the priest, other bosses are much more annoying. i.e. the curse from Lord Godfrey that nobody ever interrupts.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-04-06 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    We need to focus our attention on the fact that an ability is broken or none functional in the priest talent tree and not the situational image I created as an example.
    read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    He refreshes it every second I believe

Yes it should work on myself but its not and its not in any combat out in PvP or PvE or any other :P

that is my point the damn thing is broken needs to be fixed!

Yes it should work on myself but its not and its not in any combat out in PvP or PvE or any other :P

Works fine for me, on poisons that aren't being refreshed every second. Both PvE and PvP.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure that you are using Cure Disease and have yourself targeted when you use it? I know that most people use mouseover macros/mods and/or decursive or other mods that help with dispelling but if you're not using Cure on yourself then it won't work as the talent only removes poisons on the holy priest with the talent. Also as others have pointed out, are you sure that you're constantly staying on the go as the poison gets reapplied rather fast and is triggered whn you stop moving. Another thing that might be killing you is ice on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account

I've used it in that same fight on myself it worked but if yr using a addon to dispell it may not work... I use healbot it gives a few problems so I do it manually, if u use someone else try manually cleansing it don't rely on yr addon to do it, inless someone can recommend one that does include for Body & Soul
    Redlightning

What I wonder more about is why our cure disease is separate from our [defensive] dispel magic. All the other healers' dispel magic is tied in with their cure curse/disease/poison spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Prod View Post
    What I wonder more about is why our cure disease is separate from our [defensive] dispel magic. All the other healers' dispel magic is tied in with their cure curse/disease/poison spell.
    Dispel already is two spells in one, with dual range and functionality.

Plus, I'd rather not eat Sin and Punishment or Unstable Affliction when I'm trying to remove a poison/disease from myself.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Dispel already is two spells in one, with dual range and functionality.

Plus, I'd rather not eat Sin and Punishment or Unstable Affliction when I'm trying to remove a poison/disease from myself.
    Personally I'd rather them put defensive dispel in with Cure and leave Dispel as an offensive dispel similar to how shaman have their purge for offensive and cleanse for defensive. It would solve all the problems of that.