Poll: 4.2 release?

15+ Year Old Account

How long do you think it will take for 4.2 to come out?

Judging by the amount of time it's taking to test 2 5-man dungeons, my guess is 4.2 in late July, and because they can afford to.

Edit: In spite of how long it takes to get stuff released, it would be a nice change of pace to have something new to do during the summer in WoW.
    Last edited by Snes; 2011-04-07 at 12:12 AM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

The same amount of time it would have taken if they didn't add the two 5man Dungeons. For a guess they'll be adding other stuff, like what has been on the front page.

Just in case people start to complain...
    Previously:
    Now -----------------------------4.1

Changed to:
    Now -----------4.1---------------4.2

So, we get more content in the same time span.

Also, inb4 "soon(tm)".
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-04-06 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Added moar.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    The same amount of time it would have taken 4.1 if they didn't add the two 5man Dungeons.
    I'm not sure its 2 dungeons that are the main delay here, i suspect its more the guild challenges and such that there putting more work into (altho I do agree with the sentiment that guild challenges should of been in and ready from live, when the majority of guilds would of had use for them)

no, i suspect we're going to see 4.2 late may, it will roll out quicker than everyone thinks it will while keeping close(maybe going a little later) to the 6months after release time-line between tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    The same amount of time it would have taken if they didn't add the two 5man Dungeons.

Just in case people start to complain...

So, we get more content in the same time span.

Also, inb4 "soon(tm)".
    keep defending blizz please...

Most likely, at some point in the future.
    If it happens in the past, I'll eat my hat!
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarner32 View Post
    Keep attacking Blizz please...

Seriously, if Blizz put in an insta kill one shot Gladiator full Heroic Mode clear button...people would complain that they can't change the shape and position of the button.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgarner32 View Post
    It's not really defending blizzard when it's the only fact on the subject.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Most likely, at some point in the future.
    If it happens in the past, I'll eat my hat!
    Don't bring that up...

I'm hoping June, but I'm thinking July.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Keep attacking Blizz please...

Seriously, if Blizz put in an insta kill one shot Gladiator full Heroic Mode clear button...people would complain that they can't change the shape and position of the button.

soo true man.

I wouldn't be surprised it 4.2 only hit the servers in July/August. When has a major content patch ever come off the PTR speedily? But it is unfortunate that we'll be stuck in this tier for so long.

Deleted
    There's actually a lot more to 4.1 than meets the eye.

-Merging of Battlegroups for Arenas
    -Faction vs. Faction RBGs
    -External Guild Chat
    -UI updates
    -Latency Improvements
    -etc.

It's stuff like that that requires a lot of testing and bug-fixing as they are very technical issues. The balance changes and the new content don't require that much tuning.

4.2 will probably be about new content and balance and thus should be easier to test. I'd expect it 2 months after 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    no, i suspect we're going to see 4.2 late may, it will roll out quicker than everyone thinks it will while keeping close(maybe going a little later) to the 6months after release time-line between tiers.

Absolutely not, it hasn't even reached PTRs yet, I suspect we'll see the PTR at the end of this month and it will be released around 2 months after that.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I'm not really understanding their approach to the Cataclysm patch cycle. It seems like they're using a shotgun approach by trying to implement a lot of small content and system changes all at once instead of focusing on 2-3 things at a time.

With everything planned, the roll out should go down like this:
    4.1 - Zul 2: Electric Boogaloo, holiday updates for pre-September events and latency issues. (ASAFP)

4.1.5 - Same faction RBGs, UI tweaks (not required by previous updates), battlegroup merge, and external guild chat. (within a month of 4.1)

4.2 - Firelands, legendary staff, post-September holiday updates, and ponies that fart rainbows. (When it's ready, but before SWTOR and/or GW2)