Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    lol 3 hours. thats nothing.

so, what you're all saying is, everyone who has ever stolen everything from a guild bank, because they were being dicks, should be allowed to since they had a rank that could withdraw?

it doesnt really matter if the OP is a good guy "just taking whats his", the second the GM of the guild makes a ticket that sais "he stole from gbank" blizzard doesnt really have much choice but to go "well you're the GM of the guild, so i guess he stole"
    They cant go "but are you sure he didnt just take out his own stuff?", if they did that it would take far to long to sort out each ticket, thus pileing tickets upon tickets untill they would go unresolved.
    They have to draw the line somewhere, and "the GM is right" is the easiest and most effective way, he's the GM, the guildbank "belongs" to him, even if its not always what actually happened.
    Plus im pretty sure you can petition tickets and get it sorted out, its not like blizzard always goes "case close, sucks that you got banned because someone had a hissyfit" you just have to actually bother to do so, if you dont they have no way to know they didnt do the right thing in the first place.

lol 3 hours. thats nothing.
    2 Hours left..
    /desperation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JHuggz View Post
    2 Hours left..
    /desperation
    I had my own guild formed, and a majority of the raiding core of my old guild followed to my new guild.
    Why couldnt you of just stayed in the old guild, inviting new members there? Why did you feel the need to open a new guild if you were the "Co-GM"? Was it you wanted direct control of the G-Bank? This is what bothers me the most out of this. You basicly formed a new guild, with the majority of the raiders from your old guild. If the old GM wasnt on much, but you had access to 10k gold, and allowed to pull out items, what was so bad about the previous set up?
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2011-04-07 at 01:34 AM.

The problem is perspective. The OP feels they were well within the realm of reason to withdraw what they did. The Guild Master saw it from a different angle and acted based on what they observed. The GM reviewing the ticket will see it from a different p.o.v. as they have no personal stake in the matter. Blizzard doesn't really have a policy on properly dealing with matters like these as evidenced by the fact that they've flip-flopped their stance on the subject a couple of times since the game launched. Their guidelines don't really provide for an overall "fair" solution (read: a solution that both sides of the argument will agree upon).

OP your best bet once your ban wears off is to: Place the dude on ignore entirely, go forth and raid with your new guild and simply don't contribute anything to a GB that you'll miss once it's gone.

Why couldnt you of just stayed in the old guild, inviting new members there? Why did you feel the need to open a new guild if you were the "Co-GM"? Was it you wanted direct control of the G-Bank?
    I didn't agree with how the guild was being led. GM also has rights to rank control, and overall raid leading.

Deleted
    I think you shouldn't put any of your virtual "property" into a gbank. Your character can easily store up to a million gold and items not BoP can be placed on alts.

As an officer of a raid guild, the idea that because his withdraw limit was 10k means he should be allowed to gank 10k for personal use is retarded. The GM probably allowed officers to withdraw gold to use on behalf of the guild should the GM be unavailable at the time. You are a super corrupt officer if you think that means you are allowed to use 10k gold per day on personal spending.

The blue post linked on page 1 agrees that its all the GM's stuff once its in there, which in theory should mean the same as its the guilds stuff but maybe not in practice. The OP was clearly in the wrong and imo a 3 hour ban was far too short. Yeah your situation sucked, maybe he should have given you some of the stuff. But just jacking it and gquitting makes you the douche... did you even consider trying to talk things out with him and explain that you and several others felt you needed to leave for a new guild and see if he would be willing to let you take some from the bank?

You are a super corrupt officer if you think that means you are allowed to use 10k gold per day on personal spending.
    If I took 10k a day for myself the bank would have been dry a long time ago. This was the first time I'd taken gold for myself, and it hardly put a dent in the amount of gold in the bank anyway.

did you even consider trying to talk things out with him and explain that you and several others felt you needed to leave for a new guild and see if he would be willing to let you take some from the bank?
    Hard to do when your GM never logs on. But I hear your point.

OP, I know where you are coming from.

"Whose loot it is" is absolutely ridiculous and goes against logic at times. It's a really touchy subject though...they ban you for even talking about it these days :/

Same thing as the collection plate at churches, if you don't need any money put some in and if and when you need it you can take out.