10+ Year Old Account

WoW:Animations get expensive to produce!?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizz
    Q: Is there any chance we could have caster weapons involved in casting animations? It would look cool to be holding a staff and casting a spell through it, at least as a customization option. - Dromanthis (NA/ANZ)

A: This is something we would dearly love to do. We agree that melee specs get to see their weapons a lot more often in combat while it's easy for casters to forget about them. It's definitely on the list, but understand that we have so many races now (and two sexes for all existing races) that the animations get expensive to produce.
    Seriously!? Something is too expensive for Blizzard? How ridiculous!

*Cough* this has been posted for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two days ago but still, discuss?
    How in the world could something be "Expensive" To produce?

Well, because they pay people to make video games. Dunno if you knew that... But there ya go.
    What does Essence of the Blood Queen do? What should you do if you have it?
    Make you sparkle in the sun and gives you super strength, also changes your name to <insert name> Cullen. Bite someone.

If they meant in terms of money only, then yes, this would be a slap in the face, however Blizzard went on to correct themselves, realizing people thought they meant solely money. They were referring to time, which is just as important as money when it comes to developing video games. It was a stupid thing to say but at least they owned up to it, they're only human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they do.
    However, they also make millions of $'s a month! Not sure what it is now but for the year last year I believe they make a few billion?
    Money should not be by any means at all a problem for them.

---------- Post added 2011-04-06 at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima22689 View Post
    If they meant in terms of money only, then yes, this would be a slap in the face, however Blizzard went on to correct themselves, realizing people thought they meant solely money. They were referring to time, which is just as important as money when it comes to developing video games. It was a stupid thing to say but at least they owned up to it, they're only human.
    Now I understand, tyvm Ultima! :-) Sorry for the QQ all

I think you are underestimating the amount of money necessary for game development. Plus, it's on the list. But probably pretty far down on that list.
    What does Essence of the Blood Queen do? What should you do if you have it?
    Make you sparkle in the sun and gives you super strength, also changes your name to <insert name> Cullen. Bite someone.

Please just read through the 60 page thread about this from last week.

the long and short of it, is that they didn't say it was "too expensive" just that is was expensive.

Granted the game is six years old, maybe it's time to invest in something else. i have gotten more than my moneys worth out of WoW.

Animating and art in general is not about Money, it's about time and coordination. if they started today on animations with a whole new team added it would be a year before we would reap the benefit.

That is not going to make anyone happy.

And you can't throw mroe artist at it because there is a limit to jsut how much they can contribute before they become a burden.

You cant screw in a screw faster with an extra screwdriver.
    You can't hammer a nail faster with two hammers.
    you can't produce quality animations with additional artists ont he same job.

I understand that the desire is perfectly justified, i would be perfectly content with some updated PC models and textures. Animation that won't be here in time? No ty.

Deleted
    It would take them a week to reanimate a single skeleton, tops. This is simply corporate greed in action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by lowler View Post
    It would take them a week to reanimate a single skeleton, tops. This is simply corporate greed in action.
    This ^

Its like with all corporations, they want a quick, simply and easy system to make loads of money without doing more work. Why you think monsanto get away with all there crap.

There's already a 14 page thread on this topic here. Please keep all discussion in that one. Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions