10+ Year Old Account

Mounts available from Heroic dungeons - Blue drake

I'm not QQing about anything first of, even though I have most dungeon mounts (bar sethek halls mount, which I'm farming every day and have been for a REALLY long time, I'm just glad theres going to be an extra way to get it xD)

Okay so, I hope I'm not the only person who for the last few months of wotlk farmed randoms for the OCC mount in the bag, according to my statistics I've done OCC 50 times and had only done it a handful for my red proto drake previous to them introducing the blue drake to it. So technically this isn't a dungeon mount though...it's an ex dungeon mount, what do people think the chances are of them including that in the new award system they are adding to heroics? because until I saw the front page today I had completely given up on ever getting that mount.

So what do you guys think? Will it be there, or do you want it there? (personally I also think it'd be nice for them to add (on a smaller drop rate than dungeon mounts) raid mounts, but only from old raids. just so the only way to get some of them isn't ninjaing them anymore, or getting both lucky and a ninja free group, which is rare)
    Last edited by Anakso; 2011-04-07 at 07:34 AM.

My paladin alt has both the Blue Drake and the Vitreous Stone Drake (from Stonecore).

I feel like it's such a waste cause I only use the Vitreous one now

Deleted
    I farmed my ass off doing the Oculus trying to get that drake before Cata was released because I heard they were moving it back to the Malygos raid. So I farmed and farmed and farmed randoms until I got that one instance. I never got the mount. Then it turns out they never moved the drake at all and it still now comes from the same source. I swear Blizz didn't say anything about this.

When I found this out I was already level 85 with no hope of getting that mount. Personally I think it's the most unfair mount in the game right now because it's only available to level 80s. So you have to be a lower level to farm this one mount. At level 85 I think you should always be given the chance to farm any mount if you wish to. So I really do hope they change this soon.

Deleted
    Yup Blue drake is back to malygos 10. However the bag can contain blue protodrake that keeps eluding me

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what sucks for me,
    Did Oculus like 65 times according to my statistics (have the feeling like 14 were from before the bag was implented and yes it is heroic).
    Never got the mount on my druid.
    Paladin levelling, got Oculus 1 time and I get it in the bag ><.
    Did stonecore a lot of times on my druid.
    Never got the mount from there (a couple of months is for me forever ><)
    Did it 5 times on my paladin and it drops won the roll and now got 2 rare dungeon mounts on my paladin that I only use in alt runs ><.
    They really should implement a system for dropping or that it is BoA.

Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    Yup Blue drake is back to malygos 10. However the bag can contain blue protodrake that keeps eluding me
    The bag does NOT contain the Blue Proto-drake. Skadi in H Utgarde Pinnacle drops the Blue Proto-drake.

on my hunter ive had the blue-drake from occulus drop more than 10 times, what i did ? sold the bag with the drak in it for abtou 50s.

im not a mount farmer, but i have pretty decent amount of them through just random drops and me winning, including blue drake, sarth 25m drake, shadowmourne horse al that just got at the time when they were actually hard to get. shame that i didnt even get the sarth. 10man drake :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    The heck? You've got all your facts wrong here I'm afraid.

Blue Drake drops from the Oculus.

Blue Proto-Drake drops from Skadi in Utgarde Pinnacle.

I can imagine the situation is annoying for those who care. But you must be seriously unlucky with your drop-rate... Back when they first implemented the blue drake in Oculus I never saw anyone run it more than 10 times without having it in the bag. Me, my guildies and all our alts included...

Besides. I can't help but feel this Call to Arms scenario isn't going to work... The reason why the mounts were so sought after in the first place is that you have to grind a specific place to get them, and once you have it... You can show it off.

They're there for people to flex their epeen. However, putting them in a bag from random dungeons won't help all that much... it'll just ruin the inherent prestige of the items you get as rewards.

If I saw someone on the blue drake in 4.0 - 4.1 I thought "Yeah, that guy probably deserves that mount, He's raided and farmed it"

Now if I saw someone on it, I'd think... "Another Blue Drake? Man... That's not really impressive"

Then again... There are, of course, going to be those who collect the mounts for the aesthetic appeal...

But what do I know?

im kinda pissed if the put the swift white hawkstrider, ravenlord. and deathcharger in considering how freaking long i farmed each of them.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.