Poll: Will you tank more Random heroics for the bonus?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will the new Call to Arms bonus get you back to tanking, or tanking more randoms?

Title pretty much says it all. Are the bonuses good enough to get you back to tanking random heroics or tanking more of than you have in the past? Basically will it help anything.

Personally, My dk is an alt and his tanking spec is his off-spec specifically so I don't have to wait through dps queues. Most of the time I end up solo queuing for randoms as a tank so I don't expect the change to affect my behavior much.

Maybe. I don't need heroics beyond the valor points anymore though. Come 4.1 we'll see what happens.

Yes this will probably make me tank a few more heroics each week. The free flasks and gold will be welcome for me as i hate the act of farming the herbs and such to get them.

Between this change and being able to do my weeks worth of heroics in one day I'll probably get back into it, yet. Free flasks to send to my Alchemist so I can make more Guild Cauldrons are always a plus.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I will be far more interested in tanking dungeons now.

Of course, that means one more newb tank in the queue...

Win some, lose some =)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    No, I will still queue with my guildies & friends, rather than with random people. Possible in the next tier I'll give randoms a shot again, due to outgearing the content might prove a shelter against mindless players.

I'm curious though, should this thread not be in raids and dungeons or general discussion?

Definitely. I can put up with whiny retards as long as I'm getting paid to do it. Kinda like my job . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really need VP for anything either right now cept my DPS set which I really don't care much about. This is a case of "to little to late" for me as a tank.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Been a while since I tanked on my druid, but might have to give it another go with these changes. Idk... what is easier to tank on druid or dk?
    Such feeble minds..

Sad to say yes. I've rofflestomped Strat so many times for that mount that hasn't dropped. Overall though I really hope this helps the ques out. My alts are hungry.

Deleted
    totally depends on the gold

Yes this will absolutely get me tanking again.

Still only queueing up with guildmates.

But even then, only when someone asks, since VP mean nothing to me anymore, especially since the BoE boots on our server aren't worth as much anymore :P

Call To Arms doesn't fix the problem why I'm not tanking in the first place. The community you get to meet in PuGs.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phozte View Post
    totally depends on the gold
    I can guarantee it wont be equal to the amount of money you could get by farming and selling resources, so if gold is your only driving factor your can probably forget about this.

Especially considering your queueing for either a 30 min breeze of a 2 hour trip down idiot lane.

Tanking heroics (especially random) is probably easier for a DK due to AOE threat.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I'm going to do it for the rewards! more gold/goodies and the chance of mounts ive been trying to farm for years (believe me i've farmed baron on my shaman since vanilla and it never dropped never bothered on my dk)

Glad this change has come will be good to get doing heroics inbetween raids (means less farming for raid mats as i can use heroic money to buy my raid stuff!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to R&D.

I'll probably tank more often. The mere 70 valor points isn't really worth it to have to potentially deal with douche bags/incompetent players for 30-60min. I'm getting close to my 100 mount achieve though...so it might be enough to tempt me into a few per week.
    Maelyn-lvl 85 pally
    Roguezorz-lvl 85 rogue
    Braedon-lvl 85 druid
    Vanden-lvl 85 death knight

What a sorry state WoW has become. Maybe Blizzard would do better if they took a look at the fundamental state of Cataclysm itself.

This expansion has been a disaster, so many players leaving, so many players bored at 85 with nothing to do, even raiders.

And now to top it all off, lets BRIBE players with CTA rewards just to get them into 5man heroics, which lets be honest, should be a fundamental part of the game that most players use to progress for gear and get raid ready.

/shakes head