Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they are giving it to a healer over an spriest then you are either really terrible or the healer is really undergeared and needs every bit of help he can get.

If my group is filled with warriors and dks or something then I will probably give it to a healer (if healer is rdruid or rsham), but if healer is hpal or dpriest i'll give it to the dk.

Basically I want someone who is critting often from dots or hots. There is a chart here on MMO-C in the lock forums that shows the numbers involved relating to DI targets.

As a warlock I always dark intent the healer when pugging my daily heroic. The healer is more crucial to success than DPS.

In a raid situation I give it to shadow priests first and foremost, and then other DPS if no shadow priest, and then healers if there are no applicable DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    i always gife it to the restodruid simply because our shadowpriest is a retard and our mage never shared fm with me in wotlk so i'm not sharing my di with him.
    Sounds more like you're afraid of getting out dps'd

All and all though at the end of the day, yes it is their buff and they can choose to do with it as they please. If they want to give it to a holy paladin and sacrifice their DPS by all means let them and laugh.

The ONLY time I would give it to a healer is if all the DPS in the group is melee, and I just don't want to waste the damned thing :P Other than that, a lock that puts DI on the healer when a caster is in the group, is Deet de deeeee.

Quote Originally Posted by criticism View Post
    More dps = Boss going down faster = Less tank Damage = Less mana used = Helping the raid. Don't look down on people when you have no idea what you're talking about.
    He said that he wanted it for his feral over mages and boomers. If mages and boomers are topping charts they will get a larger increase than someone who already ranks lower on the DI priority and also does less dps. Don't respond when you don't know what you're talking about.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by glassblown View Post
    its our buff and if it makes you mad b/c we dont give it to you...well get over it.
    and i dont care what buff it gives its my spell and ill use it how i fraking want.
    Going by your logic all my buffs are mine so when I don't give you fort/shadow deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    So that when they life tap the healer is like "oh well he gave me dark intent, so i gotta heal him"....lolol.
    No warlock should ever lifetap himself to danger levels in a 5-man and we can Soul Harvest between pulls.

In a raid situation, healers are keeping everybody up and a warlock would get mocked for life tapping himself to dangerous levels during an encounter.

If healing is needed, its needed, but giving it to a pally is pure waste. They barely benefit from the 9% increased hot/dot (holy radiance), and that means it only has 2/3 uptime at most (3 crits first tick, a crit last and then the buff times out) If the pally is chain casting radiance. Disc priest are just about all instant heals, so that's a waste too on both parts. Next up is shammy, which gains hots from riptide and earthliving. Holy has renews (far more powerful than shammy hots iirc) and echo of light, so you will have constant uptime. Druids by far gain the most, with 5 of their heals being hots or having hot components (lifebloom, rejuv, regrowth, tranquility, wild growth), those 5 heals can make up >70% of a druid's healing if they are on raid. Compared to the 20% you may find on pallies (holy radiance is pretty powerful if used on cd).

For dps classes, spriest is by far the best, considering their main nuke is a dot. Then afflic locks (I think), then boomkins, and so on down.

tl/dr, if your lock is giving it to a pally or disc priest, they are bad, if they are giving it to another heals when you have a tree, they are bad, if you need dps and they are not giving it to the priest, they are bad.

Yay for posting useless extra facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

I prefer Spriests but I can also see the argument for resto Druids and Shaman (to some extent holy or disc priests, depending on the group composition). Now if you see a Warlock putting DI on a holy pally, then you have a problem. Anything is better than that.
    Opulence. I has it.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not even close... Spriests have the 3 dots and Mind flay, all which can crit and all crit often. Unless your tank is terrible and your dps are constantly needing heals, you won't keep up the stacks.
    I ALWAYS have 3 stacks of Lifebloom on the tank. That basicly keeps it up 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    He said that he wanted it for his feral over mages and boomers. If mages and boomers are topping charts they will get a larger increase than someone who already ranks lower on the DI priority and also does less dps. Don't respond when you don't know what you're talking about.
    Just because someone is doing more dps doesn't mean they'll get more benefit out of DI. Its not a straight up 9% damage increase, its for Dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    Going by your logic all my buffs are mine so when I don't give you fort/shadow deal with it?
    Exactly. There's this arc mage in my guild that won't give me FM for the SOLE reason I'm fire and I don't have FM to give back to her... She doesn't give FM to ANY dps unless is, of course, another arc mage. So she give it to our holy pally (which, btw, sighs everytime this happens, cause he knows either me or the lock would be better suited with FM).
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

It's still 3% haste. Can't argue with that.

If I'm pugging a heroic and I had to pick between giving a spriest doing 4k dps or a holy paladin DI, I'd damn well give it to the paladin. If you think that's backwards, think about it like this. It's a 9% damage increase to his DoTs. If his DPS is that low, he's definitely not doing a good job of dotting things. 9% of...nothing, is nothing. He probably won't even be able to keep the buff stacked on me, anyways.

That said, I only stand to benefit from giving it to a boomkin/spriest/warlock/fire mage who's doing good damage, so I don't know why other warlocks wouldn't give it to them. 'Love giving it to resto druids, though. It basically always went to our resto druid in raids, but we didn't have a shadow priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Jeez dude..i was just ironic on how feral dps is pretty low compared to most specs (not counting specs like frost mage or arms warr). Don't take so seriously and as for DI on a healer saving the raid i dont find it as a very valid argument. People die because they are doing something wrong or your healers are undergeared /underpreforming. If you would need so much healing that every healer has to max out his healing considering his gear then 90% of guilds wouldn't down anything. LEts face it, players that max their possibilities are like 5-10% of wow healing population if not lower.

I wish it was removed from the game, most spriests are bitter over DI due to us getting nerfed over it.
    I never said it was a percentage. But if a mage or boomer ranks higher than a feral they will get more benefit from DI. If a mage or boomer is doing higher dps, they will aso benefit more. It's simple math, really.

EDIT: A feral performing better than a mage or boomer will benefit more from DI. But if all 3 are performing flawlessly it would be moronic to give it to the feral.
    Last edited by Penatar; 2011-04-07 at 08:42 PM.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate when people in my raid group complain over who gets DI and blah blah blah. Simple solution: Me pet gets it. Now shut up and let me put DI on whenver I want.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiright View Post
    Drives me crazy i can understand a druid, but it increases a spriest dps by so much.

I really can't understand at all when it gets put on a pally or a disc priest over my shadow priest.
    I can only comfort you in saying that I consider myself to be a seasoned warlock and I always give it to spriests if given the opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    I can only comfort you in saying that I consider myself to be a seasoned warlock and I always give it to spriests if given the opportunity
    ^smart person

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    For dps classes, spriest is by far the best, considering their main nuke is a dot. Then afflic locks (I think), then boomkins, and so on down.
    no...don't give to a lock. the +9% doesn't stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    The ONLY time I would give it to a healer is if all the DPS in the group is melee, and I just don't want to waste the damned thing :P Other than that, a lock that puts DI on the healer when a caster is in the group, is Deet de deeeee.
    melee have dots too...feral druids are actually really good to put it on. here is the chart from the link someone else posted, and I'll bold the melee/non spell casters for you
    Class
    1) Shadow Priest
    2) Fire Mage
    3) Feral Druid
    4) Balance Druid
    5) Survival Hunter
    6) Assassination Rogue
    7) Enhancement Shaman
    8) Combat Rogue

9) Elemental Shaman
    10) Subtlety Rogue
    11) Frost Mage
    12) MM Hunter
    13) Arcane Mage
    14) Unholy DK 1H
    15) Unholy DK 2H
    16) Ret Paladin
    17) Frost DK 1H

18) BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    no...don't give to a lock. the +9% doesn't stack.

melee have dots too...feral druids are actually really good to put it on. here is the chart from the link someone else posted, and I'll bold the melee/non spell casters for you
    Class
    1) Shadow Priest
    2) Fire Mage
    3) Feral Druid
    4) Balance Druid
    5) Survival Hunter
    6) Assassination Rogue
    7) Enhancement Shaman
    8) Combat Rogue

9) Elemental Shaman
    10) Subtlety Rogue
    11) Frost Mage
    12) MM Hunter
    13) Arcane Mage
    14) Unholy DK 1H
    15) Unholy DK 2H
    16) Ret Paladin
    17) Frost DK 1H

18) BM Hunter
    Shows what i know after not playing for a while. Wasn't boomer ahead of feral for a while in early cata?