Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by utopianh View Post
    Feral:

2P: Your ferocious bite increases your bleed damage by 40% for 8 seconds after use, and pulverize no longer consumes your lacerate effect.
    4P: Increases the chance of Fury Swipes to proc by 10% in cat form, and now triggers Savage Defense in bear form.

Set bonuses are best when they add interesting mechanics or choices, but they also can be wonderful to help make up for poor scaling of certain abilities. I would like to see white damage have a function again as it falls behind for cat form, so something effecting Fury Swipes to me is interesting. I also see Ferocious Bite falling out of use, and this would encourage it's use without putting a powerful 2P in use for PVP burst.

Generally tank set bonuses are generally 1 threat, and 1 defense cooldown; unless they do something special across the board for all tanks, small mitigation improvements would be in order.
    If we are capable of getting to 5CP before the buff expire this would result in extreme bleed ticks. With Rip and Rake already constituting 30% and 20% of our DPS, they would now be responsible of 42% and 28% of our DPS respectively. This is assuming they would be affected by the buff each time they were refreshed. That would yield a 10% increase to our DPS. In other words not something we would ever get from a set bonus, but I like the idea.

Your 4 piece set bonus is quite interesting, too. Auto-attacks would now be responsible for a larger portion of our DPS again (seeing we consider Fury Swipes as a part of our auto-attacks, which is something I do, at least), although not as much as it was back in WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    If we are capable of getting to 5CP before the buff expire this would result in extreme bleed ticks. With Rip and Rake already constituting 30% and 20% of our DPS, they would now be responsible of 42% and 28% of our DPS respectively. This is assuming they would be affected by the buff each time they were refreshed. That would yield a 10% increase to our DPS. In other words not something we would ever get from a set bonus, but I like the idea.

Your 4 piece set bonus is quite interesting, too. Auto-attacks would now be responsible for a larger portion of our DPS again (seeing we consider Fury Swipes as a part of our auto-attacks, which is something I do, at least), although not as much as it was back in WotLK.
    The two piece balance is assuming the ticks are modified temporarily, as bleeds are updated for changes in AP, crit rate, and everything else except for tiger's fury's multiplier, but mangle's 30% modifier updates each tick, rather than on application. I see no reason that a 40% increase to 50% of our damage for roughly 8 seconds out of every 40 or so would be imbalanced (you're looking at about 1/5th uptime of a 20% increase, meaning about 4%, might be a little high, but my rake/rip are lower than that).

Set bonuses generally are between 2 and 5% when they are balanced properly.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

Bleeds update for everything except Tiger's Fury
    Are you sure? I haven't tested myself but as far as I know our bleeds only use the stats we had at the time of application, any procc or loss of stats after that has no effect on the bleed.

Deleted
    Feral:

2 set: Your finishing moves in Cat Form deal an additional 2% damage per combo point and attacks done to you while you have Savage Defense active have a 10% chance not to consume any of the absorb.
    4 set: Your Frenzied Regeneration ability now heals you for 20% of your maximum health instantly (regardless of glyph) and your Omen of Clarity now allows the use of Ravage while in Cat Form.

Resto:

2 set: Your Efflorescence now heals for an additional 4% of the total amount healed by Swiftmend.
    4 set: Your Wild Mushroom ability now heals targets when detonated instead of dealing damage.

Balance:

2 set: When you gain Nature's Grace, your damage is increased by 6% for the duration.
    4 set: Your Eclipse deteriorates at a 35% reduced rate.

The two piece balance is assuming the ticks are modified temporarily, as bleeds are updated for changes in AP, crit rate, and everything else except for tiger's fury's multiplier, but mangle's 30% modifier updates each tick, rather than on application. I see no reason that a 40% increase to 50% of our damage for roughly 8 seconds out of every 40 or so would be imbalanced (you're looking at about 1/5th uptime of a 20% increase, meaning about 4%, might be a little high, but my rake/rip are lower than that).

Set bonuses generally are between 2 and 5% when they are balanced properly.
    My response to this is the same as that of gollie. Have you done in-game tests to confirm this, or do you have other sources that prove this? I've seen discussions on trinkets which mention that crit proc trinkets are generally worth more than haste proc trinkets, because you can use the crit proc the same way you would use Tiger's Fury, whereas with a haste proc you can not, since haste doesn't affect our bleeds in any way. According to this, the behaviour of AP, crit rating and the likes seem to not be identical with your description of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inside Out View Post
    Feral:

2 set: Your finishing moves in Cat Form deal an additional 2% damage per combo point and attacks done to you while you have Savage Defense active have a 10% chance not to consume any of the absorb.
    4 set: Your Frenzied Regeneration ability now heals you for 20% of your maximum health instantly (regardless of glyph) and your Omen of Clarity now allows the use of Ravage while in Cat Form.
    Very interesting set bonuses, making FB worth using above 25% boss health again, and giving bear tanks a proper selfhealing ability, which is needed. OoC granting the possibility to use Ravage is also an idea I find exciting; it would be a soft DPS increase applied in a very intelligent way.