heroic bosses should have party wipe mechanics

I think heroic 5-man bosses, at least in the new ZA and ZG heroics, should have an ability that wipes the whole party if someone messes up. I mean look at Ozruk (sp?) in Stonecore for example. He can wipe someone, but even if you get a couple idiots killed by it the tank, healer, and a dps can finish the guy eventually.

Now there have been tons of times in a heroic someone messed up and died basically at the start of every boss and when I try to kick I hear, "dude it's a heroic don't be so serious." If instead of just dying himself, that guy got the whole group killed and threatened their chance of finishing the dungeon, people would be held a lot more accountable for their actions.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics should be challenging, at first...but not as challenging as raids.

Personally I don't relish the idea of dying because RandomNoob32 can't understand how to move out of the bad.

As fun as it would be to wipe over and over because of some scrub doing the same things wrong over and over, no thanks.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think they tried to do that and then gave in to the community (as always). I think they would make seriously challenging 5mans and could, however, they'll get about 1 million or more death threats and nasty mails if they tried xD

Deleted
    I'm all for mechanics that kill those who failed but considering the Tier 2 heroics will eventually be part of the RDF I don't like the idea of dying because someone else scrwed up (it happens anyway but indirectly).

4 guildies + random dps who can wipe your party. No thanks.

Deleted
    Blizzard won't do such a thing because it makes casual players(not neccesarily bads) qq. Which i understand. I don't wanna raid with retards either. Getting 4 other average players through the dungeon finder is already considered being lucky. Making group whipe mechanics will kill the game for most puggers.

I'd like it in one way, but then again I'd rather not wipe thanks to one retard in the party.

I hate encounters that wipe all if a single guy is stupid. If I play perfect I don't want to die because the other guy has a disconnect or is stupid. Kill him, that's fine. I will double my efforts to make up for him. But don't give me encounters that punish me if another guy screws up. I hate that.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I'd rather not have even more reliance on other people to not be idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Althre View Post
    As fun as it would be to wipe over and over because of some scrub doing the same things wrong over and over, no thanks.
    Then kick him, did you even read my whole OP? This is the part of the problem, and yes part of the reason I am so hesitant to tank random heroics even with the extra bags coming.

Tim and Larry are buddies so they join a group together and end up as 2 of my dps (sorry to pick on dps here but stick with me). Now Larry is a good player, pulls 10k dps and moves out of bad stuff on the ground. He even CCs if you need to.

However, Tim is terrible, he has all heroic 346 gear but he's still only doing 4k dps. On top of that, he's always standing in fire so he forces the healer to either let him die or waste mana. If they ever meet an undergeared healer who can't cover the extra healing needed to keep him alive, they blame the healer and attempt to kick them and if that doesn't pass they hold up the whole group.

Now why do people put up with players like Tim? Because although they are annoying and harder to run with, they're not keeping anyone from finishing dungeons at this level. How about we actually force Timmy there to learn how to move out of stuff or risk being removed from groups?

---------- Post added 2011-04-09 at 12:27 AM ----------

I see I am in the minority (or possibly alone even) in my side of the argument. I'm sure it's because I haven't actually thought it through, and reading your comments makes me realize that I am probably wrong. Ah well, was bored at work anyways lol.

"You can't votekick for another 2 hours."

And yes I only ever kick retards and I'm still plagued with it. Don't make it worse.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    "You can't votekick for another 2 hours."

And yes I only ever kick retards and I'm still plagued with it. Don't make it worse.
    This, It is borderline terrible on alts

Flame Wreath v2.0