Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xAerithx View Post
    I saw a post about this earlier, but it was locked due to people bashing the OPs questionable kicking habits. I wanted to ask out of curiosity, what everyone else's opinions on the whole "You can't vote to kick for another 2 hr" deal is.
    Even though I am primarily DPS, I feel very annoyed by this a lot of the time. There are players who really do not play correctly or simply refuse to participate as fully as they can. I can maybe deal with a bad DPS as long as they aren't running around body pulling or using PvP gear, but bad healers or tanks are a huge problem. I have had healers who will sit around spamming one of their worst heals; subsequently they go OOM and we usually wipe at least 4 or 5 times on one boss. I have had tanks who do not know how to tank, they refuse to pull aggro or use their defensive cooldowns.
    I actually had a tank once - who couldn't keep aggro at all - ask me to stop using Obliterate (a part of Frost DK rotation) because the damage it does pulls too much aggro; he then went on to say that all the DK DPS in his guild don't use that move so that he can keep aggro. I asked him to actually use his taunts, and he continued to say I was the problem, even though when I stopped attacking someone else would pull the aggro. Despite the rest of the group attacking him about trying to blame me (because we were unable to VTK him), I just went ahead and left that group. If we could have VTK'd him, the run would of been just fine because he was the only bad group member. I felt bad for the rest of them. Luckily I snagged a guild tank who had logged on instead of facing another 40 minute queue.

So, thoughts?

EDIT: I would like to add that most people I speak to have a 2 hr vote to kick timer off the bat, despite never being able to kick someone in the first place and therefore never initiate kicks. I am not saying I kick people constantly and am getting this. It is always there.

The main problem with that new "rule" is that it doesn't work and is stupid. First it seems (sometimes) spread over your chars, so the more chars you play, the more fucked you are.

Secondly, sometimes chars shares it, sometimes not.

Third, that damn shit put the punishment timer EVEN if it's to votekick offline, afk or out-of-the-instance people.

I'm someone with and easy votekick, because i can't stand morons that makes my playtime hell, i want to have fun so i kick regularily.

But, i reached the 2h timer at some point, and purposedly didn't kick/participate in kick till the timer was back to normal.
    And now, in like 1 week and a half doing instances in an irregular manner (i can spend days without logging in), i'm back at 2 hours JUST by kicking or participating in kicks of offline people...

(there is pretty much 1 every 2 instances, specially since i seem to get only Deadmines [it's usually one people at least going offline at the start, sometimes another one later]) and Grim Batol [same thing]).

The new vk system is patheticly bad.
    It would be far more functionnal by putting back a 10 mins immunity to vk, but remove all other limitations (to the number of vk in a run amongst other), put a 10 mins or so timer between vk, and allow free vk of anyone offline, afk, or outside of the instance without timer and without putting a penalty with it too.