Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    its easy to get lost when you have downs, which is 99% of the wow community
    cheap shot, still had me in stitches

Deleted
    The WC change is a little sad, but only for the sake of nostalgia. I can see why they're doing it, what with the current breed of player, for whom they had to put the graveyards right by insatnce entrances.

It shouldn't be a bad change, unless they fuck it up as badly as they have done with Sunken Temple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    It shouldn't be a bad change, unless they fuck it up as badly as they have done with Sunken Temple.
    Ooh, I'll have to go look at Sunken Temple then. I'm sure its not all that bad.

I only wonder one thing. Why won't they rename it a "Wailing Tunnel" instead of "Caverns". It'd be more accurate.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Stop with the awful vanilla arguements every time you lose something that you are in the minority in supporting.
    The game has evolved, get over it and grow up.
    It is meant to be a fairly early introductory dungeon, and a design that stretches out a portion of it into a timesink, or a cause for groups to break up is hideous design and a welcome change to see it gone.
    Dungeons should be about understanding the fights and putting that into practice, not about trying to find your way around.

it's a low level dungeon. something to be conquered then moved on, from.

that's the trend really, though I think it would be cool to have it "hard-moded" if so desired, but ppl are just gonna complain abuot "re-hashed" content. damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the only thing "wailing" about WC was the lamentations of the experienced players running alts through it.

The XP is going to remain largely unchanged, the stupid maze will be gone. I'm happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marintha View Post
    Ok, so having done Wailing Caverns twice in the last two days on my new warrior, I have to agree with the OP.

I got THREE LEVELS in wailing caverns, both times! It's not remotely confusing, the new map layout is very sweet and concise.

When they make it smaller, they're just going to cut out 2/3 of the trash. Which means it won't be such an amazing exp wonderland.

So I'll agree, OP, that cutting it in half is a bit sad. :<
    AS A TANK/HEAL you are faster you do more runs you gain the same amount of XP you would by doing 1 run. Dps as usual has bad luck with changes like this

Deleted
    Gosh, stop whining. It's Blizzard's game. Hate it go somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blonk View Post
    Don't worry, they're adding the maze back as a 4.2 raid.
    Rofl!

QQ.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    Right, just went for a quick visit. They took out all the dead ends on the path to the entrance portal, the circle with the 6 troll minibosses that no one liked doing, and the pit at the bottom that I've only ever done once in a level appropriate group. Leaving in the most popular bits of the dungeon. Good change for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Right, just went for a quick visit. They took out all the dead ends on the path to the entrance portal, the circle with the 6 troll minibosses that no one liked doing, and the pit at the bottom that I've only ever done once in a level appropriate group. Leaving in the most popular bits of the dungeon. Good change for sure.
    A better change would have been to just remove the need to kill the troll minibosses (and remove the need to click the statues in the right order for the lower section). I can appreciate removing manditory menial tasks, but I don't see why they had to gut the place so severely.
    Last edited by mmocfc9b192690; 2011-04-09 at 10:44 PM.

Why is this something to care about?
    If you run this, you A) Try to solo on a low lvl for the fun (trash dont contribute here) or B) lvl your char trough duenging.
    Also, yes you lose trash, but you gain more XP on boss kills than trash kills, and 1 boss at that lvl takes the time off 1 trash pack (which is less XP) so you get XP quicker but in smaller portions, which mean you can move on quicker to new duengons for even more XP.
    God damnit QQ for absolutely everything, Im sure that if they stealth buffed the grass in elwyn forrest with 0.2 inches, 1 person would notice, then every1 else and then they QQ, even though they didnt notice, just cuz its SOMETHING to QQ about.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a leveling dungeon all you do is run through there once maybe twice while leveling and maybe get some gear you'll replace in like 4 quests so honestly who cares? i swear people bitch about everything just to say they like to whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blonk View Post
    Don't worry, they're adding the maze back as a 4.2 raid.
    I love you!

I consistantly wonder how people managed to get lost in the "maze" section of the place. I mean, I could maybe understand it back in Vanilla, or before the advent of dungeon map mods. But now? I mean, what, your M button broken?

I swear, some of the people playing this game couldnt find their own ass with 2 hands and a stick equipped with an assfinder radar.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would never sign a petition for this...it shouldnt take 45 mins to run a lvl 15 dungeon period..cutting it in half is a great idea..period

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    AS A TANK/HEAL you are faster you do more runs you gain the same amount of XP you would by doing 1 run. Dps as usual has bad luck with changes like this
    That WOULD be a valid argument, except for the fact that queues for DPS at this level are only ~3 minutes long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Stop with the awful vanilla arguements every time you lose something that you are in the minority in supporting.
    The game has evolved, get over it and grow up.
    It is meant to be a fairly early introductory dungeon, and a design that stretches out a portion of it into a timesink, or a cause for groups to break up is hideous design and a welcome change to see it gone.
    Dungeons should be about understanding the fights and putting that into practice, not about trying to find your way around.
    ^^ this bravo good sir/maam you hit the nail with this one

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

10+ Year Old Account
    Wailing Caverns is horrible when getting it in a random, everyone gets lost (somehow...) and eventually the group will fall apart.

Same with Dire Maul. They nerfed Dire Maul instances so much, but people still seem to mess it up. Out of the 7-ish times I've run it while lvl alts, I've been the person to explain it every time, and out of all those groups about 4 or so actually listened the entire time.
    Ps: The last part of Dire Maul, the boss up on the on the balcony with the Bear that walks around, has a HUGE aggro range. She seems to be the boss that wipes groups and makes people disband party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderspace View Post
    Wailing Caverns is one of the LAST pieces of Azeroth that has been untouched by all this cataclysmic madness. It's my favorite part of vanilla and after finding out they were cutting it in half for NO VALID REASON, I became very angry at that descision. Blizzard, there is no reason to cut it in half, the whole point of dungeons is to get lots of exp and not have them done "fast". If you agree with what i'm saying, please reply with /sign, to sign the petition in keeping whats left of Vanilla alive.
    -sham
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that people like this will accept a million different changes about Cataclysm in a heartbeat, but the one time something is affected that he loves, he renounces Cataclysm entirely?

I'm betting wonderspace (or sham) isn't having any problem with the old leveling zones having newer, better quests (with better rewards), and levels taking MUCH less time to blast through, but when it comes to changing Wailing Caverns, then it's all "Screw Cataclysm!"