Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    well for one thing you are an orc so (I think) the racial affects guardians like it does pets.

also, do you stack mastery? that could be a large part of it (seeing as you're demo).

but this still doesn't explain how its doing THAT much more damage than normal O.o
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

GHERKIN! Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    well for one thing you are an orc so (I think) the racial affects guardians like it does pets.

also, do you stack mastery? that could be a large part of it (seeing as you're demo).

but this still doesn't explain how its doing THAT much more damage than normal O.o
    Ya I stack mastery I stated earlier I am at 20 points of mastery I am also using soul casket and mirror trinkets. I normally use volcanic pots flasks food buff and raid buffs (had run out of volcanic pots on that fight though). I also am a tailor and engineer.

With everything procced at once I am over 15 maybe 16k sp for about 5 secs and at about 40 points of mastery. My demon form will grant about 111% more damage during that and my mastery will give about 80% more damage for my pets. HOWEVER it is very very rare for all of my stuff to proc at the same time. When it does though I refresh curse of doom and other dots and summon my doomguard. Since all of these are increased for their full duration.

The food I was eating was the mastery food lava fish soup or something idr its like 90 stam 90 mastery.

In total all possible procs I can have at once are:
    Lightweave Embroidery (580 int)
    Power Torrent (500 int)
    Theralion's Mirrior (1926 Mastery)
    Soul Casket (1926 Spellpower)
    Blood fury (584 Spellpower)
    Metamorphsis (I don't believe meta actually stacks but I have it macroed with racial trinket and pot)
    Lavascale Minestrone (Food Buff 90 stam 90 mastery)
    Flask of the Draconic Mind (300 int)
    Volcanic potion (1200 int)
    Standard raid buffs
    ^those are all possible buffs I could have possibly had at the time.
    I didn't have any volcanic potions because I had run out earlier in the fight, I didn't have lust during that point of the fight, and I didn't have my engy gloves chant at same time because it shares minor cd with my trinket.

I highly highly doubt I had that many of these proc at the same time because of how freaking rare that would be and it seems as though the gong thing if probably what happened.

Either way my doomguard did an insane amount of damage and I can't wait for them to buff him
    Last edited by lightgil; 2011-04-15 at 11:10 PM.

so yeah... a combination of all that mastery plus Vertigo and your passive Orc racial would mean approx. 135% damage increase for him (assuming they all stack AND work for guardians) and that's not even counting the SP (and Int) procs. O.o

but best case scenario, I think this is what happened and it's why you are seeing these massive numbers :P
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    so yeah... a combination of all that mastery plus Vertigo and your passive Orc racial would mean approx. 135% damage increase for him (assuming they all stack AND work for guardians) and that's not even counting the SP (and Int) procs. O.o

but best case scenario, I think this is what happened and it's why you are seeing these massive numbers :P
    Vertigo only lasts for 5 secs so I don't think it would effect more than 1 or 2 hits

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 01:35 AM ----------

Nevermind, its just from my own procs.
    Was able to get about the same dps from him in a complete pug bh lol =\

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    Vertigo only lasts for 5 secs so I don't think it would effect more than 1 or 2 hits

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 01:35 AM ----------

Nevermind, its just from my own procs.
    Was able to get about the same dps from him in a complete pug bh lol =\
    nice :P

though you should look into using the Infernal until he actually does get buffed (unless there is an air phase)
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    nice :P

though you should look into using the Infernal until he actually does get buffed (unless there is an air phase)
    Actually as demo I have found that on completely single target fights Doomguard still does more.
    Reason being is because Infernal deals Melee damage and Fire aoe.
    While Doomguard deals solid shadow magic damage.
    Doomguard benefits more from coa and all other debuffs on the target that increases magic damage.

When doing some person testing of single target dps as demo Infernal was about 1-2k less with procs up

Also on another note I've managed to have doomguard hit 10k dps on arta today <3