Need help [H]Al'Akir 10man

This weekend my guild tried the heroic version of Al'Akir, but we are having some trouble beating the phase 1 of the fight, mostly because of the lightning thing almost screwing every single attempt by being casted on the same spot over and over, because of that I started to wonder its probably a positioning problem! We tried different positioning and what not but again its always screwing with us over and over >_<

Our raid comp is:
    1 Tank Prot Warr
    1 Priest Holy or Disc he kept changing to see which one was the most effective
    1 Holy Pally
    1 Resto Druid
    1 Warlock (me)
    1 Rogue
    1 Ele Shammy
    2 Boomking
    1 DK

On our last attempt we tried to spread this way:

We tried to use the whole platform since most of our wipes was due to the lightning hitting multiple people.
    Tried to explain everything on the image, sorry for my bad painting skills x_x

By spreading this far the only big problem is when we get wind burst and the healers get out of range to heal people being struck by lightning sometimes causing wipes, plus sometimes when I am (warlock) moving to one of the healers spot al'akir send a lightning to that zone aswell making me move even further to prevent the extra damage.

Any tips on positioning or probably strategy to help us doing this fight? The few times we got to the second phase we had enough dps to probably keep it to the third phase, but every time we got there we had 1 or 2 person dead due to random lightnings hitting the same zone over and over or just chasing the moving person on the 1st phase.

Deleted

Only 2 people really need to move on lighthing, the rest can just in their zone and eat the lighthing.
    Holy paladin left of the tank, since the ice usually goes that way and freedom is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post

Only 2 people really need to move on lighthing, the rest can just in their zone and eat the lighthing.
    Holy paladin left of the tank, since the ice usually goes that way and freedom is OP.
    Yea only me and the rogue are moving, our raid was positioned just like that but the frequency of lightnings on the dps behind the boss was absurdly high so I moved to the tank spot. Perhaps that was a bad call on my side?

Absolutely terribly designed fight.

P1: 50 Attempts until no one dies to RNG
    P2: 5 Palas 2 DK's 3 Mage's, what damage?
    P3: Collect loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtoy View Post
    Yea only me and the rogue are moving, our raid was positioned just like that but the frequency of lightnings on the dps behind the boss was absurdly high so I moved to the tank spot. Perhaps that was a bad call on my side?
    Lightnings are just RNG as to where they go, although obviously they will go more towards the groups of 2 people than elsewhere. When I've seen the positioning with 2 groups of 2 people its always been like the picture than Yilar posted. We are working on this fight as well and don't use that positioning, we just have everyone spread out around the platform. It does lead to us being closer together overall and means there is usually someone needing to side-step a couple yards to get out of a lightning but its worked pretty well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Lightnings are just RNG as to where they go, although obviously they will go more towards the groups of 2 people than elsewhere. When I've seen the positioning with 2 groups of 2 people its always been like the picture than Yilar posted. We are working on this fight as well and don't use that positioning, we just have everyone spread out around the platform. It does lead to us being closer together overall and means there is usually someone needing to side-step a couple yards to get out of a lightning but its worked pretty well for us.
    So you are saying its better not to stack the 2 group of 2? But to spread evenly?

Might try that the next raid to see how it works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtoy View Post
    So you are saying its better not to stack the 2 group of 2? But to spread evenly?

Might try that the next raid to see how it works out.
    That's how we do it, yes. I don't know if its "better" but that is how we have been doing the fight from the first pull and we are getting pretty good at getting out of P1 with it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Absolutely terribly designed fight.

P1: 50 Attempts until no one dies to RNG
    P2: 5 Palas 2 DK's 3 Mage's, what damage?
    P3: Collect loot.
    If you need 50 attempts to get through p1 with everyone alive, then its not RNG thats the problem. :P
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28