Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I managed this fight last night, one dps died, a Ret Pally. I popped divine hymn at the end of first asphyxiate... Pally Tank died. luckily Druid brezed him post haste. And then the second one, the Ret Pally died.

I have no tricks really. I was just spamming PoH, I used Barrier trying to cut down on damage while I spammed...

Edit: got the achievement though. ^^;
    Last edited by CarnatiaSpiritfield; 2011-04-12 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    That is wrong, you must cast a fast heal (flash/pws) on the tank before you cast a heal on the group or the tank will die if the guy is interrupted fast and starts melee'ing.
    The boss doesn't hit hard artard.

15+ Year Old Account
    1) dispel the dot fast
    2) keep the tank up with cheap heals
    3) when the group is lifted up in the air and dropped back, pop a PWS+penance on tank
    4) poh the group a couple of times after each stay of execution, so if the pain ticks once, noone dies.
    5) before phase change use some pohs and divine hymn, pop PWB if the group is smart enough to be stacked

Most of the time you can be idling, really. I don't see how can it be hard with disc.
    No offense but if anyone has problems healing this, he is probably better off not playing a healer.
    Last edited by Zka; 2011-04-12 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    The boss doesn't hit hard artard.
    No, but when you have no health he doesn't have to hit hard to kill the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tej View Post
    Shielding/divine aegis was not helping with asphyxiation
    how you expected it to help? its ment to bring everyone to 1hp, kinda massacre style.

1. dispel/interrupt pain and suffering (u can dispel it yourself, no need to wait for anyone to interrupt it)
    2. ask interuptor to let 1 tick of his heal off (assuming u struggle with the fight, you aint going for achievement as yet?)
    3. after asphyxiation
    a) assuming u let 1 tick of heal off, theres no need to start with direct heal on the tank - 1-2 poh then heal tank, for more than a half of fight you dont need to top whole group. you just bring them up enough for them to survive 1 tick of pain and suffering.
    b) if your interrupter was too fast and didnt let 1 tick of boss heal off, pw:S on tank and poh with borrowed time, if you feel like panic, you can always spam some holy nova...
    4. before last phase try to top group with poh/shield them, at his last 20% pi yourself and use either poh/dh/shields
    5. keep pom jumping during the whole fight - because nothing wrong with pom jumps!

discipline is perfectly capable of healing every 5 man normal/hc and is doing perfectly well in pve atm. it is a bit different style of healing than, say, holy, so maybe the reason youre not well with it might be that its just not your style, nothing wrong with sticking to holy, if you find it better suited for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niun View Post
    I'll sometimes lose a dps near the end, but usually everyone stays up just fine.
    Hmm, seems like you need MY dps

But he is right. Shield is your friend - and give mana back when is break. So I'll say only use it when the dark phase. Else keep ppl around 30% hp. More is just waste. Tank is best if he have 50%+

Deleted
    I rarely heal people over 50% on that fight, even the tank. My bubble on the tank keeps him safe, and the occasional prayer of healing while bouncing prayer of mending.
    The only problem with this is you have to rely on people to interrupt.
    Oh also in dark archangel form, I tend to pop bubble, power infusion and spam aoe heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Visko View Post
    Um, the fight is kind of gimmicky. Almost no dmg is dealt to the Party except for when he does his AOE that drains to 1% and randomly casting Pain and Suffering (which can be interrupted). As long as those get interrupted, no one should die if they're even above 10% hp, 20% to be safe. So as far as "healing" as long as no one pulls aggro and interrupts properly, you don't have to heal the group up that much.
    Exactly this. The party shouldn't take any damage apart from the one P&S and the Asphyxiate that brings everyone to 1% hp. That P&S can be interrupted or dispelled, which is the only damage you really need to be careful about int he first 80% of the encounter. After everyone drops to 1%, shield-PoM-penance-GH the tank and maybe one PoH (or one tick of Stay of Execution) for the buffer on DPS in case of slow interrupts or slow dispels for P&S.

For the last 20% when he goes emo dark angel, I get the group above 70% or so before he turns, then make sure I have Power Infusion ready, drop Barrier and spam PoH until the win dings.

*The first time I did this on my disc priest, I oomed myself in no time. I wasn't well-geared and didn't know the mechanics of the fight, so I spent all my mana on PoH when it was never really needed. We died shortly thereafter, and since then its an easy success provided you can interrupt/dispel relatively quickly.

Bubble the tank right after Stay of Execution (in case some doofus interrupts it too early), then immediately PoH to prevent P&S from insta-gibbing someone.

For the Dark Angel (or whatever) phase, just Power Infusion, Power Word Barrier, and go to town with PoH.

You can pretty much just stand their doing absolutly nothing until right before asphyxiation- pop a bubble on tank, PoH the SECOND you land. Then it's just normal healing. Keep everyone over 20% after that and it's easy-peasy. No need to let a tic go off. dispels, and if your dps are slow at interrupting the channeling ability just bubble the guy getting channeled.

PS: IMO you should always interrupt the ability ASAP. All heals can handle this in ~340ish gear. If your healer is less geared than that then change your strategy accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    That is wrong, you must cast a fast heal (flash/pws) on the tank before you cast a heal on the group or the tank will die if the guy is interrupted fast and starts melee'ing.
    *points to penance spell*

You have an instant cast spell that heals for 40-60k that will proc another shield on them more times than not and your not using it?

I usually Prayer of Healing the entire group just before he picks everyone up that way the entire group gets a DA shield that serves as a buffer for when everyone is at 1% health. Pennance the tank, PoH everyone else and dispell the debuff.....easy