Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Your most epic moment in PVP

Mine just happened. I'm a DK, was fooling around dueling as unholy, waiting for a heroic queue, when these two alliance show up outside org, and killed me every time i got low. Me and my rogue friend chased emm and camped emm for like thirty minutes or so, with both of us dieing every now and then, basically world pvp 2's matches. Then, my rogue friend disappeared, So i went Blood. (in before "blood is OP" I know it is, everyone knows Blood is fucking fantastic outside of arena), and gave chase.

They had flown to regroup on the cliffs just in front of Org, so I attacked emm there. At the time, there was only another Blood DK and an Arcane Mage. I went after the pve geared mage first, and killed him quickly, and then worked down the pve geared blood DK and killed him. They kept spawning, and I kept 2v1ing them for about 20 or so minutes, until they unflagged.

Then, a Night Elf hunter showed up with emm, they were all up there with me, and I was sure they'd get me this time. I got a Dark Simulacrum off on the Mage the second he flagged, and got lucky enough to copy his Time Warp. He then popped mirror, arcane power, etc, while the DK popped army (which i interupted immediately) and the Hunter popped his big cooldown shit.

I killed them.

I killed them all.

I popped IBF right off the bat, then killed the mage within the timespan of my AMS, I then worked on the hunter, killing him quickly, and spent about 5 minutes trying to finally kill the DK, before killing him with about 2k HP left and no cd's.

Almost directly after this, I received 3 separate whispers from lvl 1 orc alts, telling me that I am either A) ridiculously OP, or B) ridiculously awesome.

I would literally pay hundreds of dollars to have had fraps on when this happened, but all i have is a story.

Anyway, what are some of your greatest PVP triumphs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing 2's with a friend on my warrior, back in TBC. It turned into a 1v1 match, the opponent still standing was a frost mage. I had more health than him after both our team mates were dead, and he easily managed to get me down real low, but every time I'd close on him, I'd take a chunk of health from him too. So we both ended at around 1k health, he frost nova'd and hopped away to eat or evocate or something... I'm not sure why he didn't just lance me for the KB. I was a bit of a noob at this time, so I'm scanning my action bars for something, anything that'll get me out of this nova and to safety, and then I see it. Throw. Crit for the KB.

Killing gnomes.
    It feels extremely good.

Oh, and this:

Last edited by Mithgroth; 2011-04-12 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The latest one I can remember was when I was in a TP and this guy was whispering to me 'Don't run in you fucking noob, wait for the regroup' while I was going in their base to get our flag back. Was against a spriest, rdruid, n' MMhunter. Hunter was carrying the flag. They were all in at least ~3k resil and I'm an arms warrior with OP damage. I ran in solo fearbomb, root n' disarm hunter, reflected clone, throwdown after the clone and crushed the hunter VR the druid crush him ER+VR the spriest and then the hunter runs back in VR and crush face once again. The guy who whispered me said 'Ok nvm, I was wrong lmao'

Deleted
    simple, 3 vs 10 warrior, me (rshaman) and disc pri camp at the horde GY in wsg

Our guild getting the City Attacker achievement in under 15 minutes. I think that says enough

10+ Year Old Account
    In AV and IoC, I get my biggest kicks when 'saving the day' by wiping an enemy raid at our boss. Stun the healers, lay down an AoE, burst the tank. The best is when you manage to do it 'solo,' where your only assistance is a badass orc that 1-shots non-tanks. As long as your offence doesn't suck, pulling off this defense almost always ensures a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic pvp moment? Uhm probably going in arena solo vs 2 people on my warrior and actually winning

lol one time we had a priest MC their tank, so the boss killed their raid while i was healing him. goood times

Back at 60 I found a priest that I could 3 shot as a fury warrior and made it my mission for the AB to kill this priest every time I saw her. As the game came to an end I charged into the mine solo for some kicks, as we were going to win anyway, and there she is. She /taunts me as I close in. As soon as I intercept 3 night elf hunters and a rogue pop out on me. Then I see it. A /rofl from her. Fuck no. Recklessness Deathwish Blood Fury and one shot her before going down.

That or landing the killing blow on a gnome with pummel (when it did 160 or so damage) making it look like I killed him with an uppercut.
    Last edited by Warfang; 2011-04-12 at 04:34 AM.

I managed to copy that move (at 00:45 in the movie above) in open pvp while leveling. Once. Against a rogue outside Uldaman, after I'd killed his friend.

I just sat there, stunned. Couldn't believe I'd pulled it off.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taking on 3 people in AB at the ramp up to alliance spawn point, with the help of the water down at the left side and feral charge.

2's match...
    just happened
    me and my dk friend (i'm holy paladin)
    Its our first night doing 2's together ever and we did two flawlessly and won them both, the third was a frost mage and a priest, holy or disc idk...
    well the match starts and the first thing the priest does is mana burn me (pisses me off somewhat cause its near instant cast) so I'm oom from the start alternating my CD's and keeping my divine plea up much as possible for its mana...
    the match lasted 38 mintues before the priest got coky and gave me diminishing returns by chain cc'ing me and then trinketed allowing me to stun him and get mage away and dead, the priest quit right after mage died... xD
    I healed the entire time with only holy shock, word of glory, and the occaisonal holy light or flash of light, was pretty epic...

10+ Year Old Account
    qued for a random yes twin peaks start looking at gear/specs oh lord. well and ways i rush for the flag get it back to our base and my whole team is with me 7 mins have passed no 1 is even going for flag... so i drop it fight my way threw to the horde base and 1v6 3 diff times to win the game..

god the players both sides had no gear but me was epic fun basically soloed the whole game

i have two moments:

1) I was on my priest back in the very early days of wrath and i had just changed to holy spec. I was flying into org [through a flight point] where i flew over an alliance raid grouped up at the back entrance. As soon as i entered org i sounded the alarm and let everyone know what was going on. However people weren't getting there in time and they were killing off thrall. He was going down to the last bits of his health when i remembered my new guardian spirit spell where i figured heck, why not? After i used it i couldnt believe my eyes when thrall's health shot up and other healers came into the room bringing his hp even higher. The cavalry got to thrall right then and all of us killed off the alliance and even though thrall should have died, they didnt get the kill due to my spell

2) I was doing 2's with a buddy mainly just for points but we were putting in some effort as well. We faced 2 frost mages and my friend ended up dieing. So there i am sitting there while at least one mage is at half health having to frantically try to burst them down. One of the frost mages was obviously much better than his partner so i focused him down first. I managed the kill but my life was low. Popped enraged regen and kept spell reflect up on even CD and constantly had the mage stunned. we both go to 2k hp and he started to run away so that he could probably bandage and i was low on rage due to bursting him. i used herioc throw and killed him off

good times
    Last edited by Nephilus; 2011-04-12 at 04:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    These are my
    when arenaing(1v2) for fun on my blood dk I ened up beating a rogue/priest 2x

And another on my druid when the alliance was turtling and the flag coming into the ally base but I grab their flag and dash out,funny thing is no one attacked me....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Mine first one is more comedic than epic.
    I am fighting at Lumber Mill on my mage, when a Deathknight comes along and starts trying to kill me. I blink toward the cliff behind some bushes (hoping he will lose track of me), but what I didn't realize is that he hit (dark simulacrum? whatever the spell is that copies my ability) right as I hit my blink. Now he is chasing after me, he knows where I am... and hits blink. Now, I blinked right next to a cliff and stopped moving after I hit blink, he did not know to stop running after blinking toward a cliff, I could not stop laughing.

Oh, and my other one was when my healer DC'd during an arena, I still won (ret + warrior that weren't all that good). Frost mages are not OP for low ranked arena

I can't really pick one, so here you go.
    First one: I was level 63 in the pre-wotlk patch and I was leveling in Hellfire Penninsula. So I aggro two mobs to kill and this 70 rogue (brutal/vengeful gladiator geared) comes up and tries to gank me. I switched to him with the mobs still on me and divine stormed to keep my HP up, using my other dps abilities as well and instant flash of light when I could, bubbled when I got low and casted instant flash of light to get myself back up a bit and another divine storm, then I chased him down with the mobs still on me and I killed him. It was really, really funny. Like, really.
    Second one: Ret paladin, feral druid and a rogue all on me by myself in Tol Barad. I got a Divine Purpose proc and Word of Glory'd 5 times in a row to full health (lucky lol), then I killed the ret paladin, got the feral down half way, Word of Glory'd 3 more times in a row (lucky, I know!) then killed the feral druid and the rogue. They must've been pissed... or shocked. Either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    Mine first one is more comedic than epic.
    I am fighting at Lumber Mill on my mage, when a Deathknight comes along and starts trying to kill me. I blink toward the cliff behind some bushes (hoping he will lose track of me), but what I didn't realize is that he hit (dark simulacrum? whatever the spell is that copies my ability) right as I hit my blink. Now he is chasing after me, he knows where I am... and hits blink. Now, I blinked right next to a cliff and stopped moving after I hit blink, he did not know to stop running after blinking toward a cliff, I could not stop laughing.

Oh, and my other one was when my healer DC'd during an arena, I still won (ret + warrior that weren't all that good). Frost mages are not OP for low ranked arena
    I thought Dark Simulation couldn't be used on real players, or am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by jmann View Post
    I thought Dark Simulation couldn't be used on real players, or am I mistaken?
    It can definitely be used on players.