Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I don't think your playstyle needs improvement but I would say your attitude does, you basically believe you boosted 9 people on a boss and that you deserve loot. People like that tend to cause more problems then they are worth.

Deleted
    Yeah, gz on the kill. But I tend to agree with other posters that you at least come over a little arrogant, doing 51.x% of healing done with 2 healers is hardly anything to boast about or feel that you have performed above expectations / standards. You did exactly what was expected of you, half the healing, nothing more, and nothing less.

You are also assuming that loot for cho'gall should be based on who performed on cho'gall and not a million other factors.

If I were you I'd be hoping that no one from your guild reads this thread.

On a slightly more constructive note, if you want to see how well you did in terms of analyzing your performance, check WoL for the rankings on the encounters that interest you:

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play.../Holy_Paladin/

but sadly I'm not sure how you tell whether they 2 or 3 healed it, tho I'd say it's a safe bet that 99% of the rankings were done with 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    but sadly I'm not sure how you tell whether they 2 or 3 healed it, tho I'd say it's a safe bet that 99% of the rankings were done with 2.
    Looks like a few of them solo healed it such as This paladin which is pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    Looks like a few of them solo healed it such as This paladin which is pretty cool.
    Yea, top parses will likely be soloheals and/or multiple people going monsterdps.

btw OP: arrogant attitude, average healing, lootwhore, whiner; is that really the sort of person you'd want in YOUR guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    With a loot council crap like this always comes up,
    /expected

And im not whining i just dont understand why would you give tier to someone whose 5th in dps. And not one of your guilds top healers.
    Nothing like gearing people up and then having to do it again with their replacement when the new guy decides on a whim that he'd rather be somewhere else. Meanwhile, Mr./Ms. shadow priest that's been putting in the time and effort and showing up for raids should get the shaft because they weren't top dps? It's a ten man. Someone has to be 5th. Everyone puts out effort, and I don't believe it's likely your guild was carrying the priest that got the tier token, unless they were all god mode dps themselves. HPS is nothing to brag about, it depends heavily on how much damage your raid was taking, so I would be more concerned about your guildies ability to move out of the fire than how fast you can mash buttons. Almost 15k is a lot for 2 healing normal 10 man.

*Forgot to mention... did you not know they used loot council before you joined the guild and raided with them? Did you not agree to their loot rules before you jumped into BoT with them? There is always the option of finding a new home if their system doesn't agree with you.

On a personal note, the guild I'm in has never used loot council and won't. BUT after trying to maintain a 10 man roster and having people show up, get loot, and quit/reroll/stop showing up... I can sympathize with WHY a guild would choose to do it that way.
    Last edited by Taygete; 2011-04-12 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    I don't think your playstyle needs improvement but I would say your attitude does, you basically believe you boosted 9 people on a boss and that you deserve loot. People like that tend to cause more problems then they are worth.
    This, you did your job as a healer. I can not stand people who join a Guild and think that loot is entitled to them because they perform well.

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, I'm not defending the OP, but how was the shadow priest 5th on dps? Either he is undergeared or doesn't know his priorities well. If he is undergeared, then he definitely needed the upgrade. In similar gear, spriests should be at or near the top right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat2005 View Post
    This,I tried to explain to the GM/RL after the raid that the only piece of tier i needed was my shoulders,and that they were BiS.

They reassured me though that they think of me as a viable member now. ahh well,it is what it is.

And im not whining i just dont understand why would you give tier to someone whose 5th in dps. And not one of your guilds top healers.

I used to raid with a guild using loot coucil as one of the member of the coucil, there are afew reasons you were not given the shoulders,
    1, as many people have stated you were top of the healing and the priest was 5th dps therefore he needs them more.
    2, you said you have been in the guild for 2 weeks has the priest been there longer, i know from my experiance id rather give loot to someone i have known for a few months than someone who has been in the guild for a short time because you quite often get people join gear up and leave.
    3, This isnt really a viable reason but seeing as how much your QQing over not getting a piece of loot just makes me think your a loot whore, and no-one likes a loot whore

4 this----> Originally Posted by Tsjb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat2005 View Post
    Another thing, Please do not use loot council.

The tier shoulders dropped for pallies,priests,and locks.

Ive been with the guild for 2 weeks, and basically spoon fed them there chogall kill,granted I love the guild. But after the attempt they made it very clear they want me in there core group from now on.

BUT BUT BUT, they give the shoulders to a spriest who was 5th in dps...

And i was in blue shoulders,the JP ones =/

I really fucking hate some people's logic sometimes.

p.s. this turned into more of a rant then what i wanted it too,but please back to the original topic. WHat HPS do you pull?

Heres my Armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ranntis/simple

Yes, that is my gear.

EDIT: You act like I wrote a 5 Paragraph thread about not getting loot, I really dont fucking care. This was not the intention of the thread. If it makes you all stop replying on the subject of lootcouncil and who deserves loot, I really could care less. The Important thing is we downed him and that means we can do it again.
    Your edit and your OP are saying two completely different things. Clearly you DO care about who got the loot, or you wouldn't have created this thread here to whine about it. I also liked how you said that you spoon fed them the kill when it was your own first kill too. You didn't carry them through anything.

You not getting loot also has nothing to do with loot council, but the fact that you are 2 weeks into the guild. If they used DKP or EPGP or any other system you wouldn't have been able to win them through that.

Also, its terrible logic to say you deserved the loot more than the SP because of that particular fight. In fact, he is #1 or #2 on dps on at least half of the fights for the one log with kills that your guild has on WoL. If the important thing was that you got the kill then this thread wouldn't exist.

please uncheck the merge absorbs with heals option in your recount if you're a disc priest. You don't need more false entitlement boosting your epeen. bubble =/= heal

I don't understand how people would ever need 3 healers for chogal. We 2 heal it and our HPS is only at 10k a piece. With 3 healers we'll be doing less than 7k hps? If you need 3 heals, than your raid is doing it wrong.

If you get 0 stacks on chogal from worship, have the tank kite the boss during flame orders, dodge all shadow crashes you'd never need 3 heals.
    Last edited by Garouken; 2011-04-12 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garouken View Post
    I don't understand how people would ever need 3 healers for chogal. We 2 heal it and our HPS is only at 10k a piece. With 3 healers we'll be doing less than 7k hps? If you need 3 heals, than your raid is doing it wrong.

If you get 0 stacks on chogal from worship, have the tank kite the boss during flame orders, dodge all shadow crashes you'd never need 3 heals.
    So you're saying that if a group executes a fight perfectly its much easier and simpler? Shocking.

Not everyone is as able to do that, or they may have used that strat during progression and just stick with what works for them. There's nothing wrong with having a different approach to a boss if it works for them.

Deleted
    Agreed, dead boss is dead whether u 2 or 4 healed it. If it works it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    So you're saying that if a group executes a fight perfectly its much easier and simpler? Shocking.

Not everyone is as able to do that, or they may have used that strat during progression and just stick with what works for them. There's nothing wrong with having a different approach to a boss if it works for them.
    I don't see why you would change ur strat just to accomodate people who are not doing their jobs correctly. Long term you will have to execute it near perfect to ever kill it on heroic. So why would you want to have your raid learn basic mechanic when you reach there, instead of learning them on normal mode to make heroic that much easier later on.

Also from our experiance 3 healing it makes it actually harder. You get more adds with less overall DPS and you are stuck in P2 exponentially longer... less dps to kill/interrupt stalks less uptime on chogal. Makes the healing needed to keep people up at least 2x higher if not more. The first day we got there back in december we started out 3 healing it. After 2-3 wipes we switched to 2 healers and killed in 2 attempts.
    Last edited by Garouken; 2011-04-12 at 08:01 PM.

10-13k ish holy pala

Deleted
    The fact is, you cannot use HPS as a measure of healer performance in the same way as you can with DPS. So much affects HPS - including how many healers you take, how good your raiders are (better players means less avoidable damage which means less healing required which means less HPS).

If you got a successful kill without people dying then you did your job, end of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garouken View Post
    I don't see why you would change ur strat just to accomodate people who are not doing their jobs correctly. Long term you will have to execute it near perfect to ever kill it on heroic. So why would you want to have your raid learn basic mechanic when you reach there, instead of learning them on normal mode to make heroic that much easier later on.

Also from our experiance 3 healing it makes it actually harder. You get more adds with less overall DPS and you are stuck in P2 exponentially longer... less dps to kill/interrupt stalks less uptime on chogal. Makes the healing needed to keep people up at least 2x higher if not more. The first day we got there back in december we started out 3 healing it. After 2-3 wipes we switched to 2 healers and killed in 2 attempts.
    Its not necessarily changing your strat if that's what you went with to start with. And its a bit closed-minded to assume that there is only one right way to do a boss. Maybe a group doesn't have the ideal healing comp or maybe their healers aren't as skilled or geared or maybe their dps is very high and it doesn't matter. Who knows why some groups go with one strat versus another, but if they are able to execute their way well enough and kill the boss then what does it matter? When people are still learning the fight they may need the 3 healers; and if it works, then why not? Its a poor argument to say you should 2 heal normal Cho'gall because you need to 2 heal heroic Cho'gall. Most people doing normal are never going to see heroic.

Deleted
    We used a 2 Hpala plus a resto shaman for our last kill. 1 of the palas is ilvl 359, the other is 353 and the shaman is 350. The shaman topped with 13 HPS, the 2 palas both did 12k HPS. They were close to oom when Cho'gall went down but that was to be expected.