Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Dungeon Call To Arms Interface, New Support UI, Rated BG PTRs, Comics

Patch 4.1 Dungeon Call To Arms Interface/Mechanics
    A lot of people still wonder how the dungeon Call to Arms works and I hopped on PTRs to check it out.

Rated Battlegrounds VS. The Blues
    It looks like the lack of blue posts lately is because the blues have been spending most of their time training in PvP!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Greetings Once Again!

I know a lot of you had fun a couple weeks back when we logged on to the PTRs and ran ZA & ZG with you. Well, we're coming back! This time however rather than fighting alongside you we're going to be duking it out on the fields of honor, better known as Rated Battlegrounds!

We're going to be online tomorrow, 4/12/2011, at 4:30pm PST.

To participate you'll need to roll Horde characters (we flipped a coin) and form teams on the Broxigar PTR realm. The reason we're specifying a faction is because this is actually a big test of our experimental same-faction rated battlegrounds.

Hope to see you online, I'm sure this'll be a blast!

Patch 4.1 - New Game Master/Support Interface
    The support interface gets a redesign in the next patch, you should be able to find what you're looking for easily now!

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comics #283 and Teh Gladiators #226 + #227 are out!

Deleted
    Ooh. Call to Arms interface looks shiny.

Love the new look GM support

Question is for the CTA's, can you only get the satchel 7 times in a week? "You may recieve this award 7 more times this week"

I think players will hold off doing the Random if they cant get a chance at satchel.
    Last edited by Raistlin Majere; 2011-04-12 at 07:11 AM.

See, Call to Arms: DPS on the PTR

O wait

Where's the Call to Arms screenshot for when DPS is the bonus role?

*ducks*

10+ Year Old Account
    Bet ya anything people are gonna be super pissed that DPS queue's don't get Call to arms... oh wait they just get what they've been complaining about the last 4 months shorter Queue times.
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"

10+ Year Old Account
    Love blizzard, the call to arms is amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by TheDailyBlink View Post
    Where's the Call to Arms screenshot for when DPS is the bonus role?

*ducks*
    Ques are never lacking DPS obviously.

Same faction BG o.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    See, Call to Arms: DPS on the PTR

O wait
    I don't know about your server, we are always waiting for DPS to join the queue... I mean.. waiting for DPS to click the "ready" button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the new help interface... very not old looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    New GM/Support looks good and more user friendly than the old version...not that the old version was overly complicated

At least Blizzard were honest, and in none of the example screenshots did they show DPS as getting the satchel (Hey, I'm Prot/Holy, I feel for you guys, doesn't mean its not funny as hell though)

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice new help interface i approve

looking at those LFD screenshot, call to arns feature was meant for paladins and druids

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    I don't know about your server, we are always waiting for DPS to join the queue... I mean.. waiting for DPS to click the "ready" button.
    Guess why - DPS waits around 30-45 minutes for an invite - waiting - waiting - waiting - doing booring dailys - more waiting ... doing ah ... eek call of nature - i have to pee - fast ... coming back to screen to see "you are removed from the queue because you dind not respond bla bla bla ..."

Nobody else noticed that blizzard are horde?

eat shit alliance.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 07:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    Guess why - DPS waits around 30-45 minutes for an invite - waiting - waiting - waiting - doing booring dailys - more waiting ... doing ah ... eek call of nature - i have to pee - fast ... coming back to screen to see "you are removed from the queue because you dind not respond bla bla bla ..."
    actually people doing this makes queues longer. So you're partly to blame.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Question is for the CTA's, can you only get the satchel 7 times in a week? "You may recieve this award 7 more times this week"
    Pretty sure that is just relating to the VP reward and the new 7 VP randoms/week as opposed to one/day. The Satchel is just there as there is no other place for the reward to go.

Deleted
    As a tank, I actually call for random people in trade chat, and avoid the dungeon finder. I guess I'll stop doing that now.
    (and no, I do not charge for it)

Quote Originally Posted by PreventerWind View Post
    Bet ya anything people are gonna be super pissed that DPS queue's don't get Call to arms... oh wait they just get what they've been complaining about the last 4 months shorter Queue times.
    Bravo my good man /Hug