Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Vanilla Servers will NEVER EVER Happen, because Blizzard is a bunch of retards. Stop trying!

Quote Originally Posted by White Board View Post
    They're not only guessing... if you honestly assume that a multi billion dollar corporation makes sweeping financial decisions without doing studies, then you clearly misunderstand how these things work
    How does blizzard get its studies?

Quote Originally Posted by t0k3n98 View Post
    Thank you, for having a well put response and actually explaining and giving reasons. I think you hit the nail on the head tho with the chance that people would just flock right back to vanilla servers that blizzard would look bad.
    Ignoring the vast reasons stated that disagree with your point, but praising the one poster who agrees with you doesn't make either of you right

I think the majority of people who want this are just remembering the nostalgia of vanilla wow... you'd play it for a while, and then you'd hit a point where you realized that's why the game moved forward...
    It's like remembering your favorite TV show from when you were a kid... when you watch it now, you'd be like, WTF is this crap.

How does blizzard get its studies?
    They don't get them, they do them; i.e. they watch what people are doing, and contrary to popular belief they read their own official forums, as well as many other popular 3rd party forums such as this right here. Odds are there's a Blizzard employee reading that'll read this very thread sometime today

Quote Originally Posted by White Board View Post
    Ignoring the vast reasons stated that disagree with your point, but praising the one poster who agrees with you doesn't make either of you right
    I never had a point i just THOUGHT it would be a good idea. Your point of it being a cost issues doesn't make sense.... coming from a "multi billion dollar corporation" as you called them.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kugel View Post
    I think the majority of people who want this are just remembering the nostalgia of vanilla wow... you'd play it for a while, and then you'd hit a point where you realized that's why the game moved forward...
    It's like remembering your favorite TV show from when you were a kid... when you watch it now, you'd be like, WTF is this crap.
    Depending on the show hahaha I still love angry beavers

15+ Year Old Account
    When will people start realizing that it's not the game they miss, but the mentality? Bringing vanilla back won't bring back the feeling you had while playing. There will still be terrible, impatient players and no world PvP and we would still know way too much about everything to have any sense of wonder in the game. That's what we lost, not this mob or that item or whatever.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kugel View Post
    No; it's more like they'd clear everything through Naxx, and have nothing left to do except for 3 battlegrounds. It only took Vanilla a little over about 2 and a half years to reach that point through slow content patches, there's no way a Vanilla Server could outlast 3 expansions

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 01:57 PM ----------

I never had a point i just THOUGHT it would be a good idea. Your point of it being a cost issues doesn't make sense.... coming from a "multi billion dollar corporation"[COLOR="red"] as you called them.
    So you think multi-billion dollar corporations just throw money away?

Deleted
    If you would use the search function of this forum, I am sure you can find at least 10 alike threads that all explain (or redirect to reasons) why this will not happen. Also, your "tons of people" are in reality nothing more than a handful of people. And even they would enjoy it for as much as two weeks before they would long back to lvl85.

Should you wish to know more about why, look at a thread on these forums that I made a few weeks ago. It contains the opinions of many players who actually played in the classic World of Warcraft. You will see what exactly was wrong with the game back then, and instantly realize why this "Vanilla server" thing will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Should you wish to know more about why, look at a thread on these forums that I made a few weeks ago. It contains the opinions of many players who actually played in the classic World of Warcraft. You will see what exactly was wrong with the game back then, and instantly realize why this "Vanilla server" thing will never happen.
    This is the honest truth. I loved Vanilla when I played it but I would never go back to what that was. I do wish there was away to make the community more like what it was back then though...