Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Direct TV... Again... I'm not buying this time.

Deleted
    BlizzCon® is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding the Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes.
    yes a truly global celebration that takes place within the cozy borders of the west coast of the USA every single year. Gotta love american global events like that and of course the world series, which features teams from all around the world.

My wife and I will probably head that way again this year. Benefit dinner and tickets!! Will be a good bday gift for her I think =)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    To everyone complaining about the ticket price.

They stated that at the previous price they were losing around 20,000 dollars to host the event. Blizzard is not being greedy or selling out. They are trying to break even.
    Profit and loss mate. After making a few hundred million gross profit the last few years, these are just events to show off up and coming products. The problem is, they only show their own games, and as most of them are now retail .... what can they offer me for my $175?

With E3 a week later, i know where my money will be going.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    I have to be honest mate, that sounds dodgy as hell.
    That's what I thought at first. But thats why you must keep in contact with the person you are buying the tickets from. Make sure that the ad they put on Craigslist doesn't seem like it was put together by a 5th grader. Check for proper spelling and punctuation as well. Once you find an ad that you think may be legit, give the guy a call or email him.

Most importantly, always to meet up in a public location and check the tickets to make sure they are authentic and you can't go wrong.

A lot of people can't go because they start selling the tickets 5 months in advance, and its very hard to predict how your finical situation will be or if a family emergancy pops up.
    "And I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto him over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Last Blizzcon was pretty underwhelming. They should tease with project Titan, that will see tickets for sure.

where is blizzcon this year? is it ever gonna be on east coast : /

i'm expecting to see stuff about the new "mmo" or w/e they were planning on realeasing o_O TITAN or w/e its called... hmmmm interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalghost View Post
    where is blizzcon this year? is it ever gonna be on east coast : /
    It's going to be at the Anaheim convention center in Anaheim California again. I don't remember the dates though. I want to say around October 21st and 22nd. Not 100% sure on that.

More than likely, it won't be in the east coast anytime soon. The cost to move everything from there location at Irvine to the east coast might make them lose a lot of money, that and they will have to charge more for the tickets to cover the cost to host the event on the east coast.
    "And I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto him over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

They stated that at the previous price they were losing around 20,000 dollars to host the event. Blizzard is not being greedy or selling out. They are trying to break even.
    lol break even? on this singular even maybe, even still 20,000 dollars is like pocket lint to them.

They gouge thier players everywhere else
    ($25 for a figgin mount, ya know the things normally included in the $15 everyone normally pays. Or ridiculous amounts for character transfers? seriously it's like 10 clicks max for them and unimportant processing time. Optional? yes. ridiculous prices? oh so yes)

My problem is that they seems to have picked a date always during the school year now (couple years back i think it was in August or something but not since). Yeah, forget people have other obligations, seriously (in theory) it hurts them more then us.

It's like they keep the game barely running but do everything else in their power to screw with us (hold back dates, overcharge, make insane balance decisions, give less content in an expansion etc. BTW before you say "don't like it quit" Already did. I just keep up on it out of habit.

Anyone wanna sponsor me?? We meet up at Blizzcon and I can give you my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Ummagummas View Post
    It's going to be at the Anaheim convention center in Anaheim California again. I don't remember the dates though. I want to say around October 21st and 22nd. Not 100% sure on that.

More than likely, it won't be in the east coast anytime soon. The cost to move everything from there location at Irvine to the east coast might make them lose a lot of money, that and they will have to charge more for the tickets to cover the cost to host the event on the east coast.
    I'm pretty sure that if the had an East Coast Blizzcon they would recoup all costs on tickets alone if done in as big a place as possible, there are a lot of us that can't go to California just to go to Blizzcon

I'll be getting the online stream again

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if the had an East Coast Blizzcon they would recoup all costs on tickets alone if done in as big a place as possible, there are a lot of us that can't go to California just to go to Blizzcon
    Very true, but you have to think, there is also a lot of us that can't make it to the East coast to get to Blizzcon as well.

No matter where they decide to host it, there will always be people that can't make it to that location no matter what.

Very true, but you have to think, there is also a lot of us that can't make it to the East coast to get to Blizzcon as well.

No matter where they decide to host it, there will always be people that can't make it to that location no matter what.
    But as buggerlugs pointed out, the "world" doesn't stop outside America.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what pet we will get

I have to second this. "Beep" Blzcon, why always there? Ticket is not problem, but travelling is nailing me.

But still I don't quite see the reason of 175 here, are we expecing a 200$ ticket next year?

To Blizzard, $20k is a drop in the bucket.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Organise it somewhere else for a change, tbh

is it a place where they promise sh*t loads of thing, they cancel latter? blizCON indeed. they can inv Charlie Sheen to say "I already got your money Dude".
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!