Spriests and 1 on 1 play

I heard that Spriests can't really 1 on 1 anyone until higher gear levels?

Fact or Fiction??

GO GO GO

Thanks
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Unlocking this. What I said was the wrong way to go about it, even if what you're looking for has no real bearing on what you choose to play.

I'd also recommend against such biased topics, expecting "Fact or Fiction", in the future.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

'I heard that Spriests can't really 1 on 1 anyone until higher gear levels?'

That's rubbish, fresh from 85, my first bg i got 7 kills no deaths, Most of it I was on my own, decked in rubbish PVE gear.
    It's not JUST gear, it's also skill and strategy now.

Yesterday I killed a mage while I was leveling. He was 51, me 45. I killed him 4 times in a row. So at least you can 1v1 mages :P

Shadow Priests can be very strong if they can get the first attack, DoTing you up fully before you are even aware they are there.

However if a SP gets jumped by a Melee/Stealth/certain Ranged classes, i would certainly NOT be betting on the SPriest.

It it pretty tough to beat certain classes like hunters, warriors, rogues, and rets until you match their gear. I leveled a priest and he was at 1.5k resil fighting 3.3k+ people and i always lost with their hp at 20%-50%, and when i lost i was oom and out of cds lol