Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post
    Im wondering what most higher end mages are running % wise crit and haste.

Im 4/5 or 5/5, Shadowflame/Twilight for 5th replace. Everythings BiS b4 heroics.

Im currently 27.05% crit and 20.92% haste buffed. Fireball 1.95 cast.

------

Side note SP's always seem to outdps me, am I doing something wrong or is that the SP thing. (AoE Fights are in my favor obviously, but too few)
    you really need to load yourself into simcraft you will see what your current gear values as the highest stat to try and get. you really IMO cant judge why others are going for more of one than the other unless they are in the exact gear as you and gemming choices and enchants and so on. so with that said i really would like to see your unbuffed numbers but it can also let you put in all the raid buffs you normaly get and can judge what it needs to be with raid buff but raid buffed you seem kinda high in crit to haste ratio but your spell haste is nice at just under 2 sec fireballs so it may be that your sitting nicely at both but it may value one over the other just have to see.
    Subete wa nani mo sa re, shōkyo wa subete, hakai suru koto subete, watashi wa, monsutā o, watashi wa Epyon gozen
    ZeerØ Lvl 85 Fire Mage (Eonar)

15.16% haste and 16.71% crit UNbuffed.
    ---
    This is not a topic about hit>int>crit yadda yadda yadda.
    I think its safe to say that doing HMS Im alrdy capped on the hit.
    I am inquiring about the noticeable Haste VS Crit options to keep myself competitive.
    ---

Our Raid group runs :

Pally Tank
    DK Tank

Pally Heals
    Priest Heals
    Shammy Heals

Feral DPS
    SP
    SP
    Firemage (me)
    Hunter

I get SP Haste buff and LoP Crit synergy, about all. 5% each.

Im usually always competeing with SPS. Multi Targets I can get the better hand, but single dps Im throwing everything I got just to keep competitive for the top 3 dps. There always seems to be a SP in front of me.

Thnxs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Head of Magmaw is a separate mob, like Deconstructor's heart. I'm quite sure dots don't keep ticking on it after he retreats to normal phase.
    well you're wrong, they do...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcroft View Post
    15.16% haste and 16.71% crit UNbuffed.
    ---
    This is not a topic about hit>int>crit yadda yadda yadda.
    I think its safe to say that doing HMS Im alrdy capped on the hit.
    I am inquiring about the noticeable Haste VS Crit options to keep myself competitive.
    ---

Our Raid group runs :

Pally Tank
    DK Tank

Pally Heals
    Priest Heals
    Shammy Heals

Feral DPS
    SP
    SP
    Firemage (me)
    Hunter

I get SP Haste buff and LoP Crit synergy, about all. 5% each.

Im usually always competeing with SPS. Multi Targets I can get the better hand, but single dps Im throwing everything I got just to keep competitive for the top 3 dps. There always seems to be a SP in front of me.

Thnxs.
    sounds like you are right where you need to be as far as in relation to the SPs and huntard. you should be doing better than them in multi target as the SPs aoe is rather weak rite now and your single target should be beaten by a well played SP. its just the class right now and not much you can do as they have great dps. if you had a warlock in group i would even have them puth DI on the SP for way better dps its such a huge gain for them from what ive found but i still say with the gear you have and the haste and crit values you have you deff still want to check simcraft to see how it values the haste vs. crit for you .
    Last edited by Epian; 2011-04-15 at 03:27 PM.
    Subete wa nani mo sa re, shōkyo wa subete, hakai suru koto subete, watashi wa, monsutā o, watashi wa Epyon gozen
    ZeerØ Lvl 85 Fire Mage (Eonar)

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    well you're wrong, they do...
    they really dont. you have to change targets to get on the head and change back to get on magmaw after word.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    they really dont. you have to change targets to get on the head and change back to get on magmaw after word.
    Indeed they are separate targets in that sense, but your dots keep ticking (and damage magmaw) even after the head has retreated. Everyone with dots should make sure they reapply just before the head retreats for extra damage.

Full epics, 4 pieces of 372.

Self buffed my crit is around 21%, 1824 haste rating.

I'm goblin aswell. I'v been doing more dps with a heavier haste setup right now then crit. Mana is never an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your stat values will change with your gear, but currently mostly as you are moving from blue to raid gear you'll reach a point where haste becomes the better stat. People should never ask a generic "what should I focus on" because it will change with gear but haste does take over. Running SimC or RAWR can give you a good idea where you are with your particular gear.

4.1 could increase the value of crit by getting rid of the dot crits munching, but that doesn't mean it will pass haste as our better stat; we'll have to wait and see when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Indeed they are separate targets in that sense, but your dots keep ticking (and damage magmaw) even after the head has retreated. Everyone with dots should make sure they reapply just before the head retreats for extra damage.
    This guy is right, they keep ticking even though you can't target it anymore.

I'm running 12.12% haste unbuffed, with ~25% crit with molten on, armory is in my sig, still working on getting the heroic gears, heroic dragon twins and omnitron are next >: ) (5/13 25m HC currently)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post

4.1 could increase the value of crit by getting rid of the dot crits munching, but that doesn't mean it will pass haste as our better stat; we'll have to wait and see when the time comes.
    Haste will continue to be the best stat for awhile as our gear gets better. Mana isn't an issue anymore even in 359 gear. Once we get to the final tier, it will probably go back to what it was in ICC. Unless blizz decides to completely change fire, which i have a feeling they might end up doing with mastery.

At which point should I stop getting haste? Or that I should start reforging haste into crit?
    I have the 4 piece bonus, so my fireballs are under 2 seconds.
    Unbuffed, I believe I have 12% haste.

My mage's name is Frostbytez

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbites View Post
    At which point should I stop getting haste? Or that I should start reforging haste into crit?

You should also tell us what server you're on and if EU/US.

Besides that, You never "stop" getting haste, the more gear you get the more haste becomes more attractive then crit. At least for live right now.

Stay around 18-20% crit self buffed, is a good rule of thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbites View Post

Reforge out of the 2% haste so u have 10% plus 5% raid buffed - 15%
    or
    Reforge for more haste to reach 25% if you got really good gear
    Tried this out this week at 17% unbuffed plus DI and 5% raid buffed to 25%

15.83% haste
    22.09% crit

Molten + AI only.

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    I'm running 12.12% haste unbuffed, with ~25% crit with molten on, armory is in my sig, still working on getting the heroic gears, heroic dragon twins and omnitron are next >: ) (5/13 25m HC currently)
    Simcraft had haste quite a bit more valuable than crit for me at similar gear levels (361 for me). I think because of the extra tick from dots u get under lust.

What's ignite munching? Does that have something in common with this so called Deep Wounds munching too?

US, troll fire mage of Fenris.
    Frostbytez

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    What's ignite munching? Does that have something in common with this so called Deep Wounds munching too?
    Ignite munching can occur due two reasons:

you crit with two spells at nearly the same time, e.g. you cast a fireball and an instan pyro afterwards...they hit the target nearly simultaneously. in this case, if both casts are crits, the pyroblast ignite will be "munched", which means it doesnt stack with the fireball's ignite.

the second cause is, that some low ignites from periodic crits (for example lb) overwrite your big ignites from pyro or fireball.

the first issue can't be fixed, at least not without changing game mechanix...which wont be happening that soon :>
    the second issue gets fixed in 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfx View Post
    Ignite munching can occur due two reasons:

you crit with two spells at nearly the same time, e.g. you cast a fireball and an instan pyro afterwards...they hit the target nearly simultaneously. in this case, if both casts are crits, the pyroblast ignite will be "munched", which means it doesnt stack with the fireball's ignite.

the second cause is, that some low ignites from periodic crits (for example lb) overwrite your big ignites from pyro or fireball.

the first issue can't be fixed, at least not without changing game mechanix...which wont be happening that soon :>
    the second issue gets fixed in 4.1.
    I always thought the existing ignite damage gets rolled into the new ignite damage. Not sure of the ignite mechanics, but lets say it ticks 2 times. You crit and get an ignite with a strength of 8000 on there. It ticks once, leaving 4k, and you crit again for another 8k strength ignite. Would the new ignite be 8k in strength, or would it be 12k because the ignite it overwrote had 4k, so it adds in to the new 8k ignite, causing 12k total ignite damage on the new ignite, or 6k per tick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eec003 View Post
    He has a poorly reforged weapon...