Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    I'm sorry but seriously, how often is it that a tauren swoops in and exploits said 1.5 second window and ninjas your herbs?

do you even realise how small of a window 1.5 seconds is?

I think it's about 1.5 seconds.

Deleted
    Let me be clear: I don't mind druids having a faster grinding ability. I do mind if they use it to grief people by picking the node right in front of their nose.
    You DO realize that NOT ALL druids grief? It's this 1% or something similar that do. It's a minority of people who do that and once again it's the PEOPLE, not the class! You are QQing about a few people being an a** in a game and you blame everyone (who are playing this class) because of it.
    Last edited by mmoc550b94ca52; 2011-04-14 at 09:34 AM.

It can be annoying to have a druid swipe your herb node, but at the end of a farming session I still have about the same amount of herbs each time, so it doesn't seem worth it to stew over the occasional bird swooping down in front of me. I find the mining bots that pop out of the ground then vanish back under it to be much more of a problem that actually needs to be dealt with.

terrih91

precicly rift got this right. if im herbing a node in rift or mining or skinning noone can even think of clicking the damn thing. but on here its like oh theres a tauren druid might as well give up the node now and move to the next one cuz i cant even attack him hell just fly straight up and then land moonfire me and cyclone take the node and fly away.
    Sorry to say this but maybe you should just play RIFT then and leave wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nian View Post
    You DO realize that NOT ALL druids grief? It's this 1% or something similar that do. It's a minority of people who do that and once again it's the PEOPLE, not the class!
    I'm leveling a tauren druid herbalist that I've just gotten to the point where she can pick Cinderbloom in Hyjal. Sometimes I come across a node that someone else is already at. And I hover there, in reach, just so they know that I could have taken it if I'd wanted to. Then I /lick and move on to the next

Deleted
    I also don't pick up nodes someone else is already gathering because I know how annoying it is when I've done a lot of work (considering...) and cleared the mobs around the node and then someone comes and picks up the node in front of my nose.

I once whispered to one person that did this and he said "you would have done the same to me, everyone does it". He didn't seem to realise that even though the vast majority of people that play this game end up being total a-holes towards strangers, one does not have to lower him-/herself to the same level.

We druids dont benefit from stuff u guys can ._. stop QQing or ill call in a WAAAAAHmbulance

Deleted
    Herbs are fair game 'til they're in your backpack; such is the rule.

Nodes are consumable. Resource gathering is a competitive activity; if people want to maximise their effectiveness by levelling a class/race that is optimized to herb gathering but loses out on other desirable race/class traits, then that's their choice.

Consider thus; all the time they spend/spent levelling said druid to 85 is/was time that they were NOT competing with you for herbs.

But seriously; at the rate of respawn these days, this is not even a QQ worthy topic.

"Druid stole my herb!" .. "You mean that herb, the one that just respawned?" .. "Well yeah, but nerf Druids anyway!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Only proves you are a jerk.
    Only jerks do such things like picking a herb/mine while other people are fighting the guarding mob, or when they are already harvesting it.
    Is it allowed by the game? yes. Is it nice? no.
    I don't do it to my own faction. Don't blame me for playing World of WARcraft. Not world of HUGcraft. I'm just following Garrosh's orders. GAUH!

Deleted
    A moderator please close this thread. There are numerous around with the same topic and all lead nowhere.

It really annoys me when a Paladin with Crusader aura zips past me on their flying mount. This is just as unfair!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazymaze View Post
    Paladins cannot mine or herb with crusader on with epic flying or you overfly your nodes, fyi.
    LOL that's a good one,I'll have to use that one in trade chann. sometime. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Dystrukshun View Post
    I lost all interest in any of your "reasoning" after this. Being able to herb faster than other races and in flight form as a druid is fine. Being able to steal the herb/leather another player is clearing a mob beside doesn't make it right, but if you really need that specific 3-4 herbs...
    Its called learning how to cc mobs. I farm on my rogue, i sap/blind/gouge, a mob pick the herb then kill the mob. Every class has some form of cc, its their own dam fault for losing it fighting the mob first.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Gotta love the increased herbing speed of tauren druids. One reason I'm thinking of not race changing to a troll...

Deleted
    if anything they should buff the way druids herb, they should add a skill that upon use sucks up all herbs in the zone ...
    herbing speed from racials is fine, people crying on forums is not !

yay another one of these posts

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind druids being able to do some gatherings in flight form. I also don't mind Taurens being able to herb faster than other herbalists. I don't mind Tauren druids being able to do both of that.

I do mind the fact that herbs don't become tagged when someone has started the herbalism-cast already, resulting in people with faster casts (Taurens in all shapes and forms) to get the herb. Well, actually, I only minded that a bit during the Whiptail Herbfest... that's when I became aware of the Tauren racial at all. Because they did it all the time. At first, I thought it was a bug, a hack or simply my latency... until someone cleared it up for me and told me that this is perfectly normal and happening all the time.

Usually, there isn't so much farming going on, and I barely run into a Tauren herb-ninja. Explains why I hadn't known about start-later-finish-first-and-get-the-herb... and I've been playing this game for... hmm... close to 4 years now? *scratches head*

But yeah... it's a bit like ripping stuff out of people's hands. Tearing a lolly from the hands of a little kid if you will.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since my main is a Resto Shaman clearly the only way to solve this probelm, is to imbue my ghost wolf with the power of flight =P