Poll: which one is more suitable for raid healing?

which one is more suitable for raid healing?

title says it all. i want to hear your opinions.

The title says nothing. Which one of what? Class? Spec? Gear? Stat? Donkey?
    "Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

10N 10H 25N 25H?
    Which fight?

this is not about a specific fight. this is about general opinion. if you can have only one raid healer in your raid which one would you choose? or which one comes to your mind first?

Quote Originally Posted by Androner View Post
    this is not about a specific fight. this is about general opinion. if you can have only one raid healer in your raid which one would you choose? or which one comes to your mind first?
    not much of a conversation.

resto Druid or holy priest for raid heals

Deleted
    Quite an empty discussion..
    My experience shows though, that a combo holy priest/resto shammy is awesome for raidhealing. Holy priests really excel here.
    For tankhealers I'd go with a disc priest or holy paladin. But alas..

awsome holy priest will always dominate raid healing. look at world first guilds. 2-3 holy priest and 1-2 holy paladin for beacons.

i know gear, player, fight (10m, 25m, heroic, specific bosses), your arsenal (in your guild, which player can come that raid) all matter for selecting the raid healer(s) for that fight.

people say, resto druids are not effective in raid healing as tank healing. Maybe they are wrong, maybe they are minority i don't know. This pool is not meant to discourage least selected class from raid healing or most selected ones to raid heal. I just want to hear people's opinion.

I'm trying to build my raid group now, this poll will guide me making decisions (first paragraph is still important though).

Honestly it depends on the player behind the healer if you can only have 1. I assume you are working on 10man, possibly heroic, but i doubt it. Priests and shamans would be your best bet as far as heals per mana consumption goes, but a good pally or druid can push out jsut as much throughput.

But as others have stated, these things are fight dependent. Are we talking about Chimaron where AoE healing is only important during feud or heroic halfus where AoE doesn't really matter because of fireballs. AoE heals will always be situational at this point in time so you have to give us some specifics.
    "Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.

Deleted
    Holy priest in general. Raid healing is quite powerful with PoH/CoH spam.

i know gear, player, fight (10m, 25m, heroic, specific bosses), your arsenal (in your guild, which player can come that raid) all matter for selecting the raid healer(s) for that fight.

people say, resto druids are not effective in raid healing as tank healing. Maybe they are wrong, maybe they are minority i don't know. This pool is not meant to discourage least selected class from raid healing or most selected ones to raid heal. I just want to hear people's opinion.

I'm trying to build my raid group now, this poll will guide me making decisions (first paragraph is still important though).
    If your building your raid comp from scratch then look for Player over Class, 3 good Holy Pallies will heal a raid better then the best comp of bad players.
    But think Flexibility when building your heal team IMO, Shaman can fill alot of missing buffs for the raid, (A problem my 10 man group has at the moment) A good Resto Druid or Priest can easily flex between what the fight dictates, Priest switching from Disc to Holy or the Druid just doing one thing over another. But think of the Kit as a whole and not "This is best for this task". The heal team in your raid is just that, a team, they need to be able to work together and be flexible in what they can provide to fit each encounter, so If player skill is no question (and it's always a factor) and you already have a balance of healers in the raid (Witch I doubt since there are 5 healing specs and most raid comps run 5-6 healers IIRC) then look at who brings the tools and the flexibility your existing comp may be missing.

Deleted
    Holy Priest overall, but Resto Druids really shine on fights like Al'Akir, where the damage is constant and HoT ticks are unlikely to go to waste.
    Last edited by mmoc4e12ba5ccd; 2011-04-13 at 10:30 AM.

I'm voting for Resto Druid. As a tank and a raid leader, I get concerned that the healing dips when large amounts of movement occurs. That's when people die. A druid can heal on the run, even if the heals aren't instantly effective.

However, don't think anything but a mix of healers is going to work.

If however the question was, which is least suited to tank healing, I would say Holy Priest. Its better putting the druid on the tank in that situation and helping the raid healing when needed.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're all fine, next time give a bit more info on the matter please^^

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    a well-played holy priest is a game breaker. these are rare though. if comp is what you're looking for, take a look at what the best guilds bring to each fight, they usually get to pick the best comp for each fight. at your level, I'd advise to look for player over class. as pointed out before, healing is a team effort. in simple terms, and regardless of what classes you bring, there is direct healing and aoe healing. find players that can perform well in each role.
    Last edited by elugoruiz; 2011-04-13 at 10:41 AM.

Cant really decide, but either holy priest or resto druid - i though chose resto druid in the poll

i agree mixing is the best. but player skill is also much important.

i can give some specifics, but i don't think that would help.

here we go...

this will be our first raid night, we will try to kill magmaw on 10m normal mode.

i have 2 resto druid, 1 discipline priest, 2 holy paladin. and one of our players may roll shaman (lvl 85 but not enough gear) if i can convince him. 1 paladin has killed some bosses, so has raid experiance. but others didn't kill any cata bosses yet. they don't have great gear (except the experianced holy pally).

so, if some of you says, take the experiance pally, and priest and 1 druid...
    what happens if expert pally doesnt come and priest just don't show?
    should i say others, "sorry i asked in the forums, people told me to take the missing players, i can't take you, raid off."

see... this isn't helping.

but in the future, when i find more healers. when i have more at my hand, i'll consider polls results when choosing and assigning healers.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 10:59 AM ----------

shaman rolling means, it will take some time for him to gear up. he will dps with his hunter tonight.

this will be our first raid night, we will try to kill magmaw on 10m normal mode.
    Not really a healing fight this, the damage in normal is only high if people don't move

i have 2 resto druid, 1 discipline priest, 2 holy paladin. and one of our players may roll shaman (lvl 85 but not enough gear) if i can convince him. 1 paladin has killed some bosses, so has raid experiance. but others didn't kill any cata bosses yet. they don't have great gear (except the experianced holy pally).

should i say others, "sorry i asked in the forums, people told me to take the missing players, i can't take you, raid off."
    Why would you cancel the raid if a pally and/or priest don't show?
    You have 2 other healers, use them!
    Any combination of your healers is more than capable of healing normal BwD if they know what they're are doing.

i agree mixing is the best. but player skill is also much important.

i can give some specifics, but i don't think that would help.

here we go...

see... this isn't helping.

but in the future, when i find more healers. when i have more at my hand, i'll consider polls results when choosing and assigning healers.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 10:59 AM ----------

shaman rolling means, it will take some time for him to gear up. he will dps with his hunter tonight.
    Oh, I thought this was a hypothetical question. If you're actually talking about picking a raid team, its far far better to pick the people you trust. Generally a mix is better for buffs in 10 man, doubling up any class is painful. If you don't have a shaman in your team at all, I would suggest grabbing your future shaman, but having a hunter is also of great benefit.

All classes are able to raid heal.
    Tank healing, both the druids and paladins should find it easy, the shaman can also but the other two classes are slightly ahead.
    Disco will be always the go to raid healer/shielder in your team if you pick him. (Not an expert on these, but they're not usually on the tank in my experience. Many HMs favour disco priests however.)

Personally, without knowing any of the player and how good/relaible they are, I would go for:

Holy Paladin - tank healer.
    Resto druid - 2nd tank healer / raid healer.
    Disco priest - raid healing/shielding.

(Elemental/Enhancement Shaman) -- For totem buffs and focus target interrupting
    (Hunter) -- For slows and missdirects
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2011-04-13 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    Holy Priest wins by a mile!
    Resto druid should be next and resto shaman maybe the 3.