Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure thing bro. Gonna ditch all my college work and exams for raid right now! Get a grip homie.

Quote Originally Posted by candlepally View Post
    Ok my guild is 25man but we have had attendance issues lately last night for example we had 16 people online, so me and a few others didn't get to go and do BoT because they formed a 10man. I must say its annoying when this happens because of lazy people that aren't logging in with such excuses as i have to do my finals this week ect. Should the 6 of us that got sat out just find a pug and go do it, several guilds also are having attendance issues in there 25mans and being in the no4 alliance guild on my server I can most likely find a spot in there raid. Also should i leave there raid at Cho'gall that's where i believe my guild stopped there 10man last night, and see if we do it on 25man Sunday or Monday maybe? How would you feel if you where a guild leader and your raiders started pugging even boss's still up?
    Your mad that you had to pug for one week because people had exams they needed to study for..,hate to say but your attitude sucks and thats prob why you weren't part of the 10 man raid

10+ Year Old Account
    i havent been benched since i left my old guild. Left it because of getting benched. But i would definitely pug if i got benched today. I would get as far as i would with my guild but VPs are VPs and i can go with my guild the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
    I think you deserve to not raid this week if you think FINALS are less important than a VIDEO GAME and that focusing on school makes you "lazy."
    I see what you did thargggh.

OP ~ I would bench you for the season.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you deserve to not raid this week if you think FINALS are less important than a VIDEO GAME and that focusing on school makes you "lazy."
    I (with pretty much everyone else here) agree with this too.

I actually admire people who step out and do their finals instead of raiding that week and don't end up failing or doing terribly.

I'm glad you didn't raid this week. And if your guildies have finals next week, I hope you don't raid next week either.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    The problem is that ppl are bored of game---once patch hits everything will be back to normal.
    Yeahhhh, about that. Unlikely

The thing people aren't realizing is that finals are set in stone you know when they're coming months ahead of time how about some planning? When I raided in a 5 night guild and I had finals week coming up I would prepare for it I would tell my officers roughly 2 weeks in advance and remind them at the beginning of the week if I had to miss a day because of it. Its not like "omg wtf my teacher decided to have a final tomorrow morning I cant raid so I just won't log on or show up." I mean honestly manage your time better...
    OT: If 9 people are missing its safe to say you won't be raiding for pretty much any of the week. Farm day is the day most people will show up its the days afterwards where you spend many wipes on a new boss that people tend to ditch out on. Pug away I say it's what I would tell my guildies if 9 people didn't show up. Sucks that they split it 10 - 6 talk to them and see if they could do an 8-8 and each pug 2 friends who don't suck. That way your guild still gets kill credits but meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricecooker View Post
    The thing people aren't realizing is that finals are set in stone you know when they're coming months ahead of time how about some planning? When I raided in a 5 night guild and I had finals week coming up I would prepare for it I would tell my officers roughly 2 weeks in advance and remind them at the beginning of the week if I had to miss a day because of it. Its not like "omg wtf my teacher decided to have a final tomorrow morning I cant raid so I just won't log on or show up." I mean honestly manage your time better...
    OT: If 9 people are missing its safe to say you won't be raiding for pretty much any of the week. Farm day is the day most people will show up its the days afterwards where you spend many wipes on a new boss that people tend to ditch out on. Pug away I say it's what I would tell my guildies if 9 people didn't show up. Sucks that they split it 10 - 6 talk to them and see if they could do an 8-8 and each pug 2 friends who don't suck. That way your guild still gets kill credits but meh.
    Considering the OP wasn't in the 10 man, one would assume he is NOT an officer, and since the officers were so quick to 10 man instead of just call it, I'm thinking they already knew they would be short.

Not sure if you are in the same guild as me or not, but this is exactly what happened in our guild last night.

The 25 man has been advertised for Tuesday for a couple of weeks, but for some reason come Tuesday there were only 16 raid ready players available. So, with attendance what it was, we formed our normal 10 man progression group. People that are not a part of that group were not invited. Undoubtedly this sucked for the players that were left out. The big issue here is that there were not enough people available to form a 25 man, and those that showed up and are not part of the 10 man team feel slighted. This is understandable, but we cannot fit 16 people into a 10 man. Priority was given to the people that have been on the 10 man team for months now.

So, to answer the OP, by all means you should PUG everything that the 10 man team did. The gear and raid experience will only help you secure a place in the 25 man when it is formed, and will make you a top choice when a sub is needed for the week to fill out the 10 man team. Also, note that we setup another 10 man group for the people that were excluded that will be filled in with alts from the main team.

Please. If you can't put aside 8-12 hours a week to commit to raiding, then you shouldn't be in a raiding guild. You have a responsibility towards the other people in the raid, and if you can't fulfill that responsibility then progression raiding is not for you. And if you have to spend all of your free time (Read: 5+ hours a day) studying for finals, then you didn't actually learn anything in your classes, you're just memorizing. And then you should stick to raiding, because obviously school isn't for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula View Post
    Please. If you can't put aside 8-12 hours a week to commit to raiding, then you shouldn't be in a raiding guild. You have a responsibility towards the other people in the raid, and if you can't fulfill that responsibility then progression raiding is not for you. And if you have to spend all of your free time (Read: 5+ hours a day) studying for finals, then you didn't actually learn anything in your classes, you're just memorizing. And then you should stick to raiding, because obviously school isn't for you.
    Spending time on finals is not just studying for them, it's also doing other work as well. Finals time is not something you just stroll on into all prepared (outside of high school or community college) with all the free time in the world. There are papers, projects, all sorts of things due at all sorts of time, on top of studying, some things you do remember, other things obscure and from the beginning of the semester. This is on top of doing stuff like showering, eating, going back and forth between places.

Now, this also is a rare occurrence, this is not something which happens bi-monthly and chances are, if they are still raiding with the their attendance is good enough for this little thing to not even matter in their overall attendance. People have Real Lives, commend these kids for giving two sh*ts about theirs and taking the time out and knowing how to balance their fun with their studies.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I think some of these responses may need to re-read the OP. I don't think the topic= Finals > Raid, but rather they were too short for a 25M, GM salvaged it by running a single 10 man, what should the other 6 do?

I agree with most that these 6 should be able to pug at least up to where the other 10 left off and depending on the message from the GM/RL, as far as they can. The leadership should have some communication with the missing members and know if they can really expect to complete the remaining bosses as a 25 during the lockout.

This was my week for the bench and I plan on finding a PuG (we maintain 12 raiders for our 10-man group).

Ok for one I have final's but i was there, I stay current in my class's study on non raid day's and knew the day of my finals in January. Might I also add that so do most of the people in the guild 90% of us are collage students, yet 16 of us showed up. As for backups we have 30 raiders, so 14 raiders didn't show up, I don't know if they informed anyone and no im not an officer, but If i can spare 4 hours 3 days a week when I myself have finals so can anyone else. Also if you study non stop you actully forget craming is bad thats proven. As for guild leadership the anwser is no as we may get a 2nd 10man maybe thursday and if not sunday to do BOT, while Thursday they go down BWD, and then go back for Cho'gall after Nef. As for BH25 done it, we took our 16, 4 pugs and downed it with a minute left on enrage.