Thread: Nourish

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nourish

Why did they make it so nourish is the same cast time as healing touch? Is there any use for nourish anymore? Regrowth is so much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Higglez View Post
    Why did they make it so nourish is the same cast time as healing touch? Is there any use for nourish anymore? Regrowth is so much faster.
    Nourish also costs nothing, compared to Healing Touch.

Regrowth might be faster, but good luck keeping people up with it.

Welcome to Cataclysm, don't let the wall hit you too hard.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

good luck not going oom using regrowths not on clear cast procs

Nourish is still there because the cool whooshy sound.

It is also still there because of the +30% haste talent which makes it similar to a cheap Regrowth.

Hi. This is Cata. May I suggest you read your spell book for the mana cost of things or ask an 85 resto if it's possible to not go Oom using Regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    lol, oh Kelesti this made my day

But yes Nourish is your filler, no one is going to die immediatly. If you spam Regrowth you will OOm very quickly and the group will die.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Cata-edition
    Read It, Learn It, Love It
    Good luck in Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to train my friend to use nourish more often. He is always saying its stupid but he goes oom about 2 minutes into the fight heal like he did in Wrath and ends up spamming it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Munki View Post
    lol, oh Kelesti this made my day
    I'm remotely useful for something! Hurray.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    I've been trying to train my friend to use nourish more often. He is always saying its stupid but he goes oom about 2 minutes into the fight heal like he did in Wrath and ends up spamming it anyways.
    Yeah, I had a similar problem with Paladins and Priests from beta to the first couple weeks of Cataclysm.

A lot of Priests who were healing before Wrath already knew the point of "Heal" thanks to downranking, so some of us it wasn't really a culture shock at all and a welcome return of an old friend.

Edit: The whole "this spell's useless, why would I want to use it ever? OMG IM OOM WTF BLIZZ CLASS BROKEN" is good for a chuckle every now and then.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-13 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Kel<3 said things have changed.

We use triage healing now and nourish is our filler. Anytime others aren't taking dmg you can spam nourish with no real hit to your mana. Spam RG or HT and you'll be oom pretty quickly.

If you find Nourish too slow to save people (happens in random hcs when tank does not wait/want cc, and tank+ melee is getting damage), put talent point into Nature's Bounty, and if you having trouble, just throw 3 reju out (1 on tank always out anyways, 1 on melee, and 1 on possible the not behaving other dps or on yourself), and you can spam nourish quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    As Kel<3
    @Myrrar:

ilu

<3

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    If you find Nourish too slow to save people (happens in random hcs when tank does not wait/want cc, and tank+ melee is getting damage), put talent point into Nature's Bounty, and if you having trouble, just throw 3 rejuw out (1 on tank always out anyways, 1 on melee, and 1 on possible the not behaving other dps or on yourself), and you can spam nourish quick.
    Doing this pre-pull costs more mana than using a Healing Touch, though. Doing this during a pull costs more time, as well. Smart spell usage on the fly has better gains.

@Myrrar:

ilu

<3

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 12:58 PM ----------

Doing this pre-pull costs more mana than using a Healing Touch, though. Doing this during a pull costs more time, as well. Smart spell usage on the fly has better gains.
    No one said, at least I didn't for sure, that you always have to put 3 reju out, I said if he happens to find himself in trouble and nourish is too slow. That's an amazing talent for pick up groups, as I suppose he does not ask this as an expert healer.
    When I geared up my druid I faced with the very same problem (only with lfd), but with nature's bounty, I can be more flexible than before. That's all.

/facepalm

ya your answer has been well covered. i find myself using it to keep my lifeblooms going while providing a small heal for when the tank isn't taking huge spikes of damage. between rejuv and 3 stacks of lifebloom rolling, a nourish should be sufficient to mitigate most damage (unless they're taking on huge pull or heavy hitting boss).

you gotta find your comfort level with your gear and tank when healing. if the tank is spiking too hard that you have to spam healing touch, then you probably got a bad tank. if you can't keep your tank up on every pull without over spamming tree of life, healing touch, and regrowth, you need to review your gear, spec, and/or glyph configurations.

if dps are standing in avoidable fire, i usually throw a heal, a rejuv, and a short prayer for them. i don't seem to find myself using tree of life unless its situations where there's unavoidable fire and all dps are taking massive damage.

as far as timing goes, you should stack a good bit of haste still. consider that most enemies swing about 2seconds, so you want your cast time to be as close to that as possible so you can catch their hits with heals. all healers now have their cheap inexpensive heal and their higher cost big heal on the same timer and a faster inefficient heal, blizz did this to give healers a choice and to actually make the role fun and challenging to play. now you have to decide how to spend your mana and how effective you need to be, no longer just spamming heals and taking a nap, you have to think.
    Last edited by Zero infiniti; 2011-04-13 at 07:20 PM.
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

That should've been in the 4.0 patch notes.

I'd like to add something about the original post but I think everything has been covered.

Regrowth costs a lot more mana. I find myself not really cast that much and if I do it is for tank.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't get him to drink ... until he's thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    We use triage healing now and nourish is our filler. Anytime others aren't taking dmg you can spam nourish with no real hit to your mana. Spam RG or HT and you'll be oom pretty quickly.
    I would avoid using Nourish as a filler unless you need to do some semi-clutch healing beyond the healing capabilities of HoTs. Nourish has a lower HPM than Rejuvenation on top of a (long) cast time (what will them bouncy resto druids do in the mean time?). Rejuvenation should be used as the go to heal for controlled damage (~20k+) where as Nourish is relegated to the role as the efficient semi-emergency direct heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the point of a filler. A filler is what you can cast to top people off when no other real healing is needed. If the group is 100% and the tank is hardly being hit you can sit there afk and have to RG or HT eventually or you can spam no mana nourish. If your hots can heal people solely then obviously you don't need to use nourish, that doesn't make it any less of a filler though. If the group got hit by something and wont be hit again for a bit and WG isn't going to get them all the way up, you can nourish instead of Rj which will go to 75% overheal.

Nourish is an amazing filler. Do any 10 fight where you have sustained tank dmg and pressed for mana/2 healing and nourish isn't going to be in your top 3, but it will make a huge difference.

Would love if they would lower the cast time of nourish and obviously the amount healed so the hps will stay the same. To fix the grandpa feel I get with the long/slow cast it has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    No one said, at least I didn't for sure, that you always have to put 3 reju out, I said if he happens to find himself in trouble and nourish is too slow. That's an amazing talent for pick up groups, as I suppose he does not ask this as an expert healer.
    When I geared up my druid I faced with the very same problem (only with lfd), but with nature's bounty, I can be more flexible than before. That's all.
    If he happens to find himself in trouble and nourish is too slow, I'm a little confused as to how spending 3 GCD triggering nature's bounty is going to help him any more than casting HT or any other sort of triage situation.

I tend to find nature's bounty to be far more useful in heavy raid damage situations where I throw a couple of rejuvs up and then use nourish to get people to a safe health level. If your tank is getting smashed it's better to use HT spam rather than try to keep up with nourish.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, in which case I apologize.

And as for the OP -- yep, gotta ditch everything you knew from WoTLK and start over.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't get him to drink ... until he's thirsty.

I would avoid using Nourish as a filler unless you need to do some semi-clutch healing beyond the healing capabilities of HoTs. Nourish has a lower HPM than Rejuvenation on top of a (long) cast time (what will them bouncy resto druids do in the mean time?). Rejuvenation should be used as the go to heal for controlled damage (~20k+) where as Nourish is relegated to the role as the efficient semi-emergency direct heal.
    Or i can kill the horse, make some glue, sell the glue, and buy a new non-downs horse. Or a Lllama.