i don't get it. the last few fucking season, SJ starts out strong, in the middle they go to shit, then towards the end they start playing well again. why. the. fuck. can't. they. play. well. the. entire. season......?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    i don't get it. the last few fucking season, SJ starts out strong, in the middle they go to shit, then towards the end they start playing well again. why. the. fuck. can't. they. play. well. the. entire. season......?
    you forgot to mention the way they play in the playoffs...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Coaching. McLellan is a decent coach and all but he seems to lose players for gaps of time. Good coaching is so underrated but when you get a good coach on a good team, wonders happen. Look for example at Detroit or Pittsburgh. It helps having great rosters but the reason teams like them have been so good and consistent is because of guys like Bylsma and Babcock. Another good example is Ottawa, look at their injury situation. Their 2 best players and 2 big leaders on the team plus Vezina caliber goaltender go down. Team doesn't skip a beat. I think to an extent the same thing is happening in New York with the Rangers, Torts is definitely losing that team. There's no way with a roster like that that you aren't at least a 4th or 5th seed. Sharks just have too good of a team for it not to be a coaching problem. Thorton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Boyle are all really good players. If you look at each cup winner from after the 04/05 lockout, they were all coached by really good coaches. Laviolette, Carlyle, Babcock, Bylsma, Quenneville, Julien, Sutter.

Obviously some of them were, but were all of them considered good coaches until they won the Cup? What I'm getting at is if they had not won the cup, would they still be considered good coaches?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Obviously some of them were, but were all of them considered good coaches until they won the Cup? What I'm getting at is if they had not won the cup, would they still be considered good coaches?
    Probably. Ron Wilson is still a shitty coach and he has never won a Cup and I don't think he ever will. The coaches who have won a Cup were good before they ever won it and are still good after. I think a lot of people underrate the value of coaching though. I mean, Anaheim won the Cup in 2006 as the 6th seed in the West and went up against a pretty damn good Ottawa team in the finals who just happened to choke badly. Carlyle has a pretty good team that year in Anaheim but it wasn't a spectacular roster by any means.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Maybe not to the general public but people who actually know hockey know who is a good coach. Daryll Sutter got a ragtag Calgary Flames team to the cup finals and pretty much won, beating Detroit Vancouver and San Jose along the way, 3 teams we had no business beating. He finally went all the way last year and turned that L.A. Kings team around. People might not consider certain guys good coaches until they finally win the cup or go to the finals because those are measures of success.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-03-30 at 08:33 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Buffalo Sabres have traded defenseman Jordan Leopold to the St. Louis Blues for a 2nd round pick and a conditional 5th round pick.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hockey Night in Canada is so much better than any other production plus they have an HD stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Hockey Night in Canada is so much better than any other production plus they have an HD stream.
    I cannot stand HNIC lately. I don't know what it is, I think it's the commentators. The production is fine and all, but every personality there these days with the exception of Elliott is just irritating. TSN isn't much better, but at least they can pronounce the names of the players correctly.

imo Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole need to broadcast every game.

edit: that said, HNIC during playoffs is usually when it's the best. Their montages are almost always awesome.

was brilliantly done
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-03-30 at 11:23 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would like to kick Jay Onrait and Dan O'toole both in the junk. I have not seen so much retardation in my entire life, and I actually watched The Ringer, which was a retarded movie.

CBC and TSN hockey broadcasts are both good these days, I am glad that TSN has ditched Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury was ejected from both TSN and CBC and sent to NBC.

I don't understand how anyone can hate them lol. Unless sports is super serious time or something, idk.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, I just don't like the way they behave on television, they say stupid things and make far too many rude and idiotic comments.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate them too tbh, wasn't sure if there was anyone besides me though. And god damn, Kadri and Lupul are so fun to watch, great chemistry. And just as I entered this, they score again. Just amazing lol.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Kadri has the natural hat trick tonight, 3 goals in a row. Lupul opened the scoring, Kadri put the other 3 in the back of the net. Go Leafs!

Sorry, I just had to
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-03-31 at 01:31 AM.

Moving up in the rankings.

Blah, forgot games played counts over wins.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-03-31 at 02:25 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    4-0 not even halfway through the Canuck game, lol

Did someone forget to mention that there was a Hockey game on to the Canucks.. I don't think they woke up this morning to be honest.

PS. I loved watching the Leaf's dismantle and destroy Ottawa.. almost as much as I loved that 6-0 Montreal game.

And they still want Kadri, Bozak, and a 1st round for Luongo? Yeah, let's talk to Buffalo instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark Streit/Frans Nielsen in the talks for Chicago... so doubtful of that ever happening though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why even bother? It's obvious that Schneider can't stop a beach ball, but neither can Luongo. I say let Vancouver stew in their goaltending problem for a couple of seasons longer. I don't think there is a team out there that would want Luongo that is in the playoff hunt, he isn't enough of an upgrade to make a difference for most of those teams. Chicago is getting some quality goaltending out of Crawford and Emery, Reimer is starting to come into his own for Toronto and Scrivens has played decently as a rookie in the backup role and can carry the load for short periods of time. And I wouldn't want to go after Miller having seen how horribly he has played this year against teams in a playoff position.