15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Bye bye NHL, you are dead to me thanks to the greed of the owners.
    You'll be back. They always come back.

On a slightly lighter note, if you get a chance to see pictures of the players at their press conference today, do it. Hilarious. They apparently did not get the memo to show up looking professional. Most of them are in random casual clothes jeans, t-shirts, baseball hats, etc.

Would that not make a tremendous buddy comedy. You have Hank who looks like your typical college burnout pothead (beard, flat brimmed hat ever so slightly askew, peace shirt with cardigan combo, high tops with the pants tucked in. Seguin looks like your atypical weightlifting, protein shake drinking tough guy. And Lucic is the lovable nerd with his RHCP shirt, goofy face, and shorts that are slightly too short. They need something to do during the lockout, get on it Hollywood.

The bad guy in the movie would obviously be Henrik Lundqvist as some type of old Westerny oil baron as he showed up in a jean shirt, jean pants, and probably jean underwear and socks.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-09-13 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im gonna start growing a lockout beard

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    im gonna start growing a lockout beard
    so youll shave next september?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so youll shave next september?
    pretty much

it is funny that owners want players salaries to go down.. yet they kept trying to circumvent the cap to sign guys to stupid contract

Weird. I've been growing my lockout beard since March ;/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Weird. I've been growing my lockout beard since March ;/
    that thing has to be ugly then

It's pretty grizzly, yes. The tailgaters of Cleveland were quite enamoured with it, though!

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah.. I woke up to this: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...ith-each-other

not looking good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    yeah.. I woke up to this: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...ith-each-other

not looking good friends.
    sigh.... i. had. feeling.

15+ Year Old Account
    must resist temptation to make comments about bettman being an idiot...
    must resist temptation to make comments...

we want hockey...

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    This should have been my cue to just cut all ties with the NHL, this is the 3rd work stoppage and I've always been very unforgiving of work stoppages, but the Kings just won and that buys a shred more loyalty from me. Its just so hard to care when it seems like the people in charge do not and there are other sports out there. Even if hockey is the best sport, I have to be able to watch it.

The good news is that someday Bettman will die, since he is older than me I will most likely out live him, so there's that. I know its unfair to blame all problems on him, but fuck him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    This should have been my cue to just cut all ties with the NHL, this is the 3rd work stoppage and I've always been very unforgiving of work stoppages, but the Kings just won and that buys a shred more loyalty from me. Its just so hard to care when it seems like the people in charge do not and there are other sports out there. Even if hockey is the best sport, I have to be able to watch it.

The good news is that someday Bettman will die, since he is older than me I will most likely out live him, so there's that. I know its unfair to blame all problems on him, but fuck him anyway.
    He's such a great fall guy the owners would turn him into a cyborg in the future.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing that the owners are claiming players are making too much money. No, Kovalcheque, Crosby, Malkin, Parise, Suter, Weber, Richards and Nash are all making too much money and the only person who can be blamed for agreeing to those contracts is the owners. Hey douche bag owners, who is the one paying those contracts? You guys are so get your dicks out of your own ears and listen. If you want to roll back players salaries, then you best force a recondition on all existing high dollar contracts, including those that are front loaded. Some GM's in recent weeks have been pretty good with their signings, giving players fair dollar for their skills, especially the signings of Seguin in Boston or Hall and Eberle in Edmonton. Pay these guys what they are worth and if they are special cases where they deserve more then 6 million a year, you pay it and don't front load it. Part of the problem is the owners have intentionally contravened the cap so many times but any knowledgeable hockey fan knows that the only one to be blamed for "paying too much money" are the owners for the contracts.

Here is a thought, remove HRR sharing for players making over 6 million a year and outlaw front loaded contracts plus cap the duration at 7 years. That solves your money problems and I think players would agree to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been a while since I've posted, but from all this Bettman bullshit it's gonna be a god damn long winter with no hockey season. They better get an agreement settled.

15+ Year Old Account
    funny how most of us sadi they should start talks right after the season ended and they decided to wait until august...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    funny how most of us sadi they should start talks right after the season ended and they decided to wait until august...
    the problem is that what we want and what the negotiators want are two different things

Deleted
    Doan signs 4Y, 21.2+2M contract with the Yotes. That he could have done quicker...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not like it matters, he isn't going to get paid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am really, really looking forward to the first time Bettman takes the ice at the All Star game or the Finals if there is a shortened season this year. If he thought he has been booed before, good luck saying anything ever again in front of fans Bettman.