Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Not that we need it right now, but I really wish they would make it so diving can always be reviewed and that it would negate any other penalty.
    What's fucking silly is how diving is almost never called without a penalty on an opposing player at the same time. Either the hook/check/whatever wasn't that bad and probably wasn't a penalty, or it was. Make up your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    things are working out for the Kings so far, young guys getting called up, especially Toffoli have been outstanding, and Scrivens has started 5 games and has 3 shutouts

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    things are working out for the Kings so far, young guys getting called up, especially Toffoli have been outstanding, and Scrivens has started 5 games and has 3 shutouts
    Not surprising, Scrivens will do well in that organization for years to come.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what's funny? Right now Colorado is the 8th seed in the West... Or the 2nd Wildcard... Whatever... Point is they're the last team in right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You know what's funny? Right now Colorado is the 8th seed in the West... Or the 2nd Wildcard... Whatever... Point is they're the last team in right now.
    What's the funny part? Them falling from grace or the fact that they still would be tied for 1st seed in East?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Don't worry, the Wild will implode again as the season progresses so Colorado can have their spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Don't worry, the Wild will implode again as the season progresses so Colorado can have their spot.
    I hope not... that state deserves one team to at least have a playoff run for the first time in like what.. 4-5 years?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What's the funny part? Them falling from grace or the fact that they still would be tied for 1st seed in East?
    The funny part to me was that just a week (11/11/13) ago they were 2nd in the conference with 3 games in hand on the team above them, Anaheim. But the part you mentioned is pretty funny as well.

They only lost 3 games in a row too, so it's not like they completely imploded and went 2-7-1 over a 10 game stretch. The rest of the Western teams just keep on winning and winning....

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The East is pretty sad outside the top 6, lots of fringe teams right now. Boston, Pittsburgh, Toronto and Montreal right now are probably going to be the consistent teams fighting at the top. Tampa is going to plummet without Stamkos though, though with how average much of the conference is they will probably jock for a position anyway. Montreal has some solid goaltending right now, if their offense can be more productive, they will be a tough team to beat. They have the same issues as Toronto has had lately, their goalies have kept them in games but the offense has let then down.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-11-18 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I hope not... that state deserves one team to at least have a playoff run for the first time in like what.. 4-5 years?
    Technically the Vikings and Wild had one last year, but both got knocked out in the first round.

I could see the Wild and T-Wolves making ones this year, but the Wild just worry me because they always seem to start off great and then just barely limp into the 8th seed.

Technically the Vikings and Wild had one last year, but both got knocked out in the first round.

I could see the Wild and T-Wolves making ones this year, but the Wild just worry me because they always seem to start off great and then just barely limp into the 8th seed.
    The Wild have some offense this year at least, unlike all that time in the past where it was basically "get one goal and turtle" for the rest of the game.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I mean a run, not an appearance. You know.. like make it to a Conference Final or even a Final... probably won't happen, but I hope it does.

What's fucking silly is how diving is almost never called without a penalty on an opposing player at the same time. Either the hook/check/whatever wasn't that bad and probably wasn't a penalty, or it was. Make up your mind.
    I agree, drives me nuts.
    "He probably dove, but let's just call a penalty on both of them anyway!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, after reading above about Colorado falling after losing some games, I decided to check the 'Nucks ranking since we've been losing the last few games. We're 9th in the west, yet tied with 2-5 in the East.

While I agree, most of the time, the non-diving player probably still made a breach to the rules that the diving player embellishes.
    So while many penalties today are ignored, they are still in breach of the rules, technically, so this is a time where they enforce them harsher since it was going to be a stoppage in play anyway.
    While I didn't see this incident and I have no idea what transpired, tapping someones glove is a slash. Putting your stick under someone's arm is a hook. Whether the lighter ones are enforced or not, they are in breach of the rules and there's no reason to overlook them in those scenarios.

As a sidenote, I am also still convinced that a hit does not need to be in breach of the rules to be dirty. For instance, headshots are always dirty to me even if the hit player "made himself vulnerable" - no one should see this as an oppourtunity to capitalise upon them.

I agree, drives me nuts.
    "He probably dove, but let's just call a penalty on both of them anyway!"
    64.1 Diving / Embellishment – Any player who blatantly dives, embellishes a fall or a reaction, or who feigns an injury shall be penalized with a minor penalty under this rule.

The penalties aren't mutually exclusive. Just because a player embellishes, doesn't mean that the initial contact wasn't already a penalty

I'm aware of the rule, here's what I said beforehand.

Not that we need it right now, but I really wish they would make it so diving can always be reviewed and that it would negate any other penalty.
    Additionally, the majority of the time I see a diving penalty, I don't think anything would have been called if no one tried to embellish it.

My issue isn't that they get called together.. it's that half the time, if this shit was the playoffs, they'd let it go and the guy who dove would be the only one penalized. Refs in all sports can s my d big time.

I mean a run, not an appearance. You know.. like make it to a Conference Final or even a Final... probably won't happen, but I hope it does.
    Yeah, a run hasn't happened since 2009 Vikings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, Tuukka Rask is playing out of this world.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks