Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Well, if that is not the perfect example of karma, I don't know what is. Orpik hits Eriksson in the face, Thornton punches Orpik in the face.
    That's a huge stretch to call it karma.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swear to god I want to skull fuck Jim Hughson, he should go back to Vancouver and suck on the Sedin sisters cocks, pessimistic douche.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy has a history of cheap shots, it was only a matter of time before he became the victim of one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Boston tied it up!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Habs win again. Quite a run for le bleu, blanc, et rouge. Now to finish the Leafs/Sens or switch over to Bruins/Pens to see what might happen next O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    And Boston in the lead.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Geez Fleury. Two goals in just over a minute to lose. That's tough.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toc View Post
    Geez Fleury. Two goals in just over a minute to lose. That's tough.
    Not at all surprising though to be quite honest.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stajan is actually playing some really damn good hockey right now but he's getting top line minutes, if we were to trade him I don't think he'd be playing the same role on a different team. He'd slot in on the 3rd line I'd think and I'm not sure he'd be as effective but you never know. He's been real solid on faceoffs for us too which is a breath of fresh air. I hated the contract early but these last 2 years I think ole Ragin Stajan has played to around the 3.5m cap hit. He plays a lot vs the best players on other teams and is -7 which sucks but is expected when you look at the quality of our team / uncertainty in net. Killin penalties, winning faceoffs, scoring pts lately. A

Geez CBC is really giving up since the big Rogers contract signing huh? Cassie Campbell, Kevin Weekes and PJ Stock on their desk. Wow lol. My god they aren't even talking about the game going on in this current intermission. I've been at the bar every other Saturday so I haven't kept up on HNIC but this is awful why even have this late game? You put the C broadcast crew and no one on the station even cares about the game going on.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-12-08 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Stajan is actually playing some really damn good hockey right now but he's getting top line minutes, if we were to trade him I don't think he'd be playing the same role on a different team. He'd slot in on the 3rd line I'd think and I'm not sure he'd be as effective but you never know. He's been real solid on faceoffs for us too which is a breath of fresh air. I hated the contract early but these last 2 years I think ole Ragin Stajan has played to around the 3.5m cap hit. He plays a lot vs the best players on other teams and is -7 which sucks but is expected when you look at the quality of our team / uncertainty in net. Killin penalties, winning faceoffs, scoring pts lately. A

Geez CBC is really giving up since the big Rogers contract signing huh? Cassie Campbell, Kevin Weekes and PJ Stock on their desk. Wow lol. My god they aren't even talking about the game going on in this current intermission. I've been at the bar every other Saturday so I haven't kept up on HNIC but this is awful why even have this late game? You put the C broadcast crew and no one on the station even cares about the game going on.
    I hate to tell you but this has been happening on HNIC for a while now...at least we didn't have to listen to Glen Healy all game. Even Craig Simpson and Kelly Hrudey were mailing it in during the broadcast...but I don't mind Hrudey since I see him almost every weekend at the shops and he seems like a nice dude. If they're not showing the Leafs or Habs, HNIC just doesn't give a shit at all. Or Mark Lee getting excited because he's dreaming about a spitroast with the Sedins.

I am less and less excited about Rogers taking over lol...Charlie Simmer is losing his goddamn mind...every time he talks he's got the names wrong or something.

But yes, yay Flames...fuck Oilers!
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-12-08 at 07:04 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Remember when Boston does something its brave and "good enforcing" but when a penguin does something its cheap and pussylike

Man, I thought it was obvious HNIC gave up trying when they handed their theme music over to TSN and adopted the Scottish Bagpipe Hour instead.

I'd be seriously shocked if anything came of the Thornton incident, though. The NHL has way too large of a hard-on for Boston to bother disciplining someone for a punch to the face.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Remember when Boston does something its brave and "good enforcing" but when a penguin does something its cheap and pussylike
    Who is saying it was brave and good enforcing?

We can say that Thornton's stunt was a suspension-worthy dick move AND acknowledge that the Penguins are generally cheap and pussylike at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    The NHL has way too large of a hard-on for Boston to bother disciplining someone for a punch to the face.
    They may have a Bruins boner but the Crosbyburgh Crosbys were Bettman's handpicked CrosbySweepstakes winner afterall. Something's gotta give here.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-12-08 at 09:06 AM.

The way I see it... Rinaldo is looking at 5-10.
    Orpik SHOULD be looking at 3-5, but won't get anything more than likely.
    Neal is looking at probably 3 (but should get 5).
    Thornton is looking at probably 15 but they should chuck him for the season. I don't care how apologetic he was after the game, he goes out, slewfoots Orpik to get him on his back and then starts pummeling... after the whistle... after he already had gone after him earlier in the game. That's intent to injure and he'll be lucky if the league are the only people who try to punish him.

What a sad day for hockey... just fucking pathetic.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orpik's hearing is over the phone, so no more then 5. Thornton's is in person which means 5 is the minimum. Neal should get 20+ for kneeing Marchand if you ask me.

Nah.. Neal has a phone hearing as well, and I don't know his suspension history... I agree, it should be more than he'll get, whatever he gets, though. There's just no respect on the ice these days... I get that Marchand is a bit of a cunt and they have history, but there's no excuse. Don't lower yourself to the guy's level... he can't even spell champion.

I was tired of people getting hit in the head intentionally 5 years ago.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been getting tired of head hits for ages too and I think it's time the league drop the hammer and deal out a significant suspension or two. Enough trying to dodge the issue in hopes that players will get the hint. Start giving guys 10+ games for first offense and maybe then it will stop.

Boston seems like they have a pretty easy schedule for the next little while, injuries/suspensions might not affect them too much in the standings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    I dont think Talbot actually would do well at this point for any other team in the league. Rangers are actually the only team in the league that has a special feature between defense and goalies with their call-signs and tactics. Learned quite a bit when we had a goaliecamp with Lundqvist.
    Its surely something more teams should start doing, the call-signs for plays are just incredible, same with the communication they use.
    Talbot has incredible talent but he needs time to develop and he will do so in rangers. But its too soon to let him be starter for any team.
    Later on in a few season no doubt we will see that kid shine if he keeps developing like he has
    Except the way the Rangers play completely changes with Talbot in goal, and he has shown he can come up with the big saves when necessary. If I were a team like the Flyers or the Panthers, I would be jumping for Talbot to start in the next year or two. He'll, even teams like Edmonton should be looking at him since Dubnyk has been shakey and they went and got Byrz of all people.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Boston seems like they have a pretty easy schedule for the next little while, injuries/suspensions might not affect them too much in the standings.
    Gonna be a tough game tonight against Toronto, I think Boston is as injured as Toronto is, if not worse. Kelly, McQuaid, Boychuck and Eriksson are all out and Thornton is waiting on a hearing so he can't play. Toronto is missing Bozak, Lupul and Bolland right now so it's time for our other forwards to step it up and start scoring. With a Boston missing some key guys, there is no excuse for the Leafs not to win tonight. They need to play a full 60 minute game and try to pin Boston in their own zone, especially against their young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Gonna be a tough game tonight against Toronto, I think Boston is as injured as Toronto is, if not worse. Kelly, McQuaid, Boychuck and Eriksson are all out and Thornton is waiting on a hearing so he can't play. Toronto is missing Bozak, Lupul and Bolland right now so it's time for our other forwards to step it up and start scoring. With a Boston missing some key guys, there is no excuse for the Leafs not to win tonight. They need to play a full 60 minute game and try to pin Boston in their own zone, especially against their young guys.
    Marchand might be out as well after the knee to the head, but I still expect Boston to have the upper hand against us and the next few games all seem to be Buffalo, Calgary, and Edmonton. If there was an ideal time for them to have to lose half their team, this would be it.