"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    yaaay Flames win the 2014 Toilet Bowl!
    clean sweep of the season series, looks like we're movin up

Every single time we have a chance to give a team a real shove out of the playoffs we decide "hey, why the fuck not let them back in the race?"

15+ Year Old Account
    This is quite interesting:

The IIHF has released this year's study on European hockey attendance and here's how it compares to the NHL! Swiss NLA club SC Bern has the highest attendance in Europe for the 13th consecutive year and set a new euro record with an average of 16,347 this year. The Swiss league also set a new record for most fans on average for the entire league with 6,872 fans, a growth of 3.8%. The German #DEL came second (6,343), Swedish SHL 3rd (5,978) & Russian KHL 4th (5,812). These were the only European leagues to average more than the AHL (5,310 fans).

To be fair those numbers in Phoenix, Florida and Columbus are pretty good compared to what they were before.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how Vancouver outdraws Toronto this year. There's way more Leafs fans and they have the better team this year. Could the insanely high ticket prices be factoring in?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I don't understand how Vancouver outdraws Toronto this year. There's way more Leafs fans and they have the better team this year. Could the insanely high ticket prices be factoring in?
    Arena size. The ACC seats just under 20,000 for a hockey game if I recall correctly. And ticket prices could have something to do with it, especially with our dollar dropping significantly the last several months.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2014-03-19 at 07:19 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most Leaf fans don't get to go to games unless it's one not in Toronto.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Most Leaf fans don't get to go to games unless it's one not in Toronto.
    MUCH cheaper to go to Buffalo if you factor in the overall costs,especially for people outside Toronto who don't have as big of incomes as those who live downtown, they can't afford to go out for dinner and go to a game.

Anyone wanna talk some Islanders hockey?

sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I am a Habs fan. And after playing so many of the NHL XX games. I know that the maximum seating of the Centre du Bell is 21,273. Btw, I am from a hockey mad city of Winnipeg.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    The reason Toronto is behind Vancouver in this instance is 100% because of the 'outdoor' game played at BC Place in Vancouver with 60k or whatever fans. If that were inside, they'd be about 20k fans behind assuming equal games. It's why Chicago, Detroit and Vancouver are all at like 110% or higher capacity. They fill out extra seats to home games anyway (so like 103-105%), through standing room only tickets, and a lot of boxes you can get extra tickets for (the one I went to a few times in the ACC only had 8 seats, but the box owner could order 4 extra tickets every game... multiply that by the probably 150-200ish boxes at the ACC, and some are bigger than that, too). So cities with fan bases like Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, and I'll include Chicago here (even though I remember how empty the Leafs games in Chicago looked 8 or 9 years ago, just saying :P) are able to always have over 100% capacity. (I just looked it up, and the ACC hockey capacity is 18819, plus standing room... so they always more than sell out).

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that people like to support Reimer to the bitter end, but if he lets in any more soft goals while Bernier is dealing with his groin injury, and they cost us a playoff spot in the long run, I'm going to be the loudest supporter of trading him the fuck out of here.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Reimer is gone by the beginning of next season anyways. All that shit from last night with Carlylylylyl and his agent on twitter ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had I been a fan of Toronto I would advocate trading the entire bloody D-core because they are to blame for the vast majority of your problems this year. It's funny how fans of a team who has such blatant deficiencies defensively manages to blame the goalies for all of their problems.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

If I could somehow swing it, I would trade Phaneuf + Gardiner + 1st for Weber. If Poile would consider it, bless his heart. Don't see him taking it, though. Also, I don't blame Reimer for our team's problems. I blame him for letting in soft goals - watch the replays from last night, they were pretty bad. Our team has obvious problems, that's undeniable, but you have to give your guys a chance to win at the very least. He does that a lot, but some nights, he lets 2-3 bad ones in, and it feels like it's over before it started. I don't know if this is his reaction to the defense playing so poorly in front of him, or if he has just plain regressed, but he looks so lost in the blue paint sometimes, it is unreal. Reimer isn't the problem.. but he doesn't make the game any easier most nights.

They have this thing called 'Penthouse/Doghouse' in one of the Toronto papers, and Gardiner was in the penthouse las tnight because he scored a goal. If the idiot who wrote the article watched the game, that kid would be so buried in the doghouse it's not even funny... so many turnovers :/

I'm 100% aware and ready for the next couple years of mediocrity this team has ahead of it until the forwards decide to play D properly, and our D stop acting like fucking pylons in our end for the other team to just skate around... hopefully some of our prospects pan out, and soon. Don't be surprised, however, if the Leafs fall out of a playoff spot and 95% of the blame falls squarely on Reimer's shoulders. I don't agree with it, but if it coincides with Bernier being injured, that is undoubtedly what will happen.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rough hit on Ranger there. Also found this amusing.

https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/sta...83376656646144

Hate to see guys get massively overpayed and dont perform. Just fucks all parties involved :\.

Everything about this game pisses me right the fuck off.

Wasn't able to watch it.. we just getting outplayed, or what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Wasn't able to watch it.. we just getting outplayed, or what's going on?
    Worst reffed game of season for us. Saying a lot; tons of soft calls on us and few on them. wish i knew how to create gifs to show you. Clear effect on the game especially near the end when we were finally getting momentum, but we still didnt deserve the win imo. Stamkos left wide open eah goal in hat trick. Ranger gets severly injured and we respond by letting them score on us. Another loss to ensure we all have heart attacks. Clarkson put on second line and second pp web though he is playing like a fucking goofball still bc we apparently need to show he's still capable of being contract worthy in game 63 or something. Just a disgrace of a game.

D-core is playing some very "iffy" D.. The Ref's are either blind or just straight up not paying attention. They let Johnson get away with blatant interference and he scores the 5th goal and kills all the momentum. The next shift they call Van Rym's on the WEAKEST holding call I have ever seen.

I don't agree with putting all the blame at Reimers feet, not in the slightest, the D core was not playing good tonight and seemed unwilling to play defensive hockey. But soft goals are SOFT goals. Period. No amount of good defense is gonna stop that WEAK ass goal from getting in. That's the entire point of your starting Goalie, he's there to give you the chance and let you make a mistake or two because it happens to the best of teams. That simply did not happen tonight. Nor did it happen last night. Too many soft goal's will kill you every time.