Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have Chicago Boston repeat cup finals with Boston winning

I just wanna see the SJS/LAK series, I have a feeling it's going to be a war.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I just wanna see the SJS/LAK series, I have a feeling it's going to be a war.
    Raffi Torres is supposed to be back in time for Game 1

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Having watched both played this season, if St. Louis is playing their best, Chicago is going home early, not doubt in my mind. St. Louis is built to shut down teams and make the most of their opportunities, and when they are playing well they are a nightmare for skill based teams like Chicago to beat. The problem with the style, as I've seen in Nashville for 15 years :P , is that if you aren't taking advantage of your scoring chances when you do get them, you get beat. There isn't a ton of room for error. However, you generally don't get blown out though and the other team will still need to earn it.

The question remains though, what kind of shape is Kane and Toews in, and will St. Louis get rolling again. This is one of those odd series where I think either could win in 4, but it could go all the way to 7 as well if neither is exactly on fire. Thats what makes playoff hockey fun to watch and talk about though
    And yet they haven't yet made it past the second round when in past seasons they were 100% healthy and playing well. I have no idea how you could possibly be so confident about anything in sports, let alone that the defending champs can't hang with a team in a playoff series. The style you describe is very similar to the style the Kings play, except the Kings have a better goalie. The Hawks were able to defeat the Kings in 5 games last year and I think we would all agree that they were playing pretty well at the time. To give them no chance at winning the series is pretty laughable, but I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are biased because 1) you hate to see the Hawks be successful again and 2) the Hawks looked so dreadful the last few games against the Preds

Bruins in 5
    Habs in 6
    Pens in 4 (If Malkin plays, 6 if he doesn't)
    NYR in 7

Bruins in 7
    Pens in 5

Pens in 7

Avs in 5
    Hawks in 6
    Ducks in 4
    Sharks in 7 (home team will win every game)

Avs in 6
    Sharks in 6

Sharks in 5

SCF: Pens over Sharks in 6

I'm assuming of course that the Pens will be fully healthy before that Boston series in the ECF.

- - - Updated - - -

I set up bracket league for us on NHL.com for funsies. You'll have to set up an NHL.com account if you don't already have one but only takes 2 seconds and doesnt require email confirmation. Click join league and make your picks and we'll see who ends up winning:

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/play...6316?locale=en
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-04-15 at 03:10 PM.

Alright Stompped it's game on. Hopefully, I do better than my work regular season pool. Hey it can't get any worse.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who is Free Torts? Reg?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this shall be interesting to see what happens.

I hope Torts stays in Vancouver, we need more Hartley/Torts shenanigans next season.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for doing that.

Minnesota in 7
    Chicago in 6
    Ducks in 6
    Kings in 7

Bruins in 6
    Lightning in 7
    Penguins in 5
    Flyers in 7

Chicago > Minnesota in 5
    Kings > Ducks in 7
    Bruins over Lightning in 5
    Penguins over Flyers in 4

Bruins over Penguins in 6
    Blackhawks over Kings in 7

Bruins win the cup in 6 games, Iggy Iggy Iggy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you hadn't noticed by now. I am a huge Habs fan.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Also, if you hadn't noticed by now. I am a huge Habs fan.
    Well you better not lose to TB, I want the Bruins-Habs series in the second round. Imagine the other second round series being Flyers-Pens. You can't script it any better.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-04-15 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Who is Free Torts? Reg?
    lol Yeah, FreeTorts from when he was suspended for the Calgary incident! lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Torts is a god damn baby, cries about everything

I might join, but ill probably lose badly, as this is the first season i have watched nhl, and even then only really watched coyotes play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    I might join, but ill probably lose badly, as this is the first season i have watched nhl, and even then only really watched coyotes play
    You are the rare fan that they speak of. It's pretty bad when I can get a flight to Phoenix, rent a car and watch a Jets-Coyotes game for cheaper than tickets to a home Jet's game. Of which, there is now a 10+ year waiting list for Season Tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Torts is a god damn baby, cries about everything
    I hope for as long as Hartley stays in Calgary he starts McGrattan and Westgarth against the Canucks every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    You are the rare fan that they speak of. It's pretty bad when I can get a flight to Phoenix, rent a car and watch a Jets-Coyotes game for cheaper than tickets to a home Jet's game. Of which, there is now a 10+ year waiting list for Season Tickets.
    Certainly i can't be their only fan, as i cant really go to the games living in Europe and all

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Penguins over Flyers in 4
    What?

I mean, not impossible, but every single precedent says the Flyers win 2-3 at the least in that series. 9-2 in Pittsburgh since the new arena? Won the season series 4-1? Absolutely rocked the Penguins the last time they played in the playoffs?

I just don't quite get why you would think that would happen.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    What?

I mean, not impossible, but every single precedent says the Flyers win 2-3 at the least in that series. 9-2 in Pittsburgh since the new arena? Won the season series 4-1? Absolutely rocked the Penguins the last time they played in the playoffs?

Having 2 of the top 3 players on the planet probably means something (assuming he plays)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    What?

There's a reason the 4 is bolded. It's a prediction, I don't know why you're so shocked that I could predict your team gets swept. But if you want to hear my logic, I'm not sold on Mason. I'm thinking Marc-Andre Fluery won't choke this year but we all know how that goes. What's the harm in predicting a sweep anyways, you're acting like it's just so out of this world when in reality it could easily happen (either way I might add). Also don't bother mentioning what happened in the regular season or in the past, it has no bearing on if the Penguins will sweep the Flyers or not.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-04-15 at 06:54 PM.