15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    The Yotes shall live to see another white out!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6524858
    that just means Detroit will eliminate them again next year. i also found it funny they did a White Out when Detroit wears white in Phoenix. oh well, half the fans at those games were wearing the wheel anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    that just means Detroit will eliminate them again next year. i also found it funny they did a White Out when Detroit wears white in Phoenix. oh well, half the fans at those games were wearing the wheel anyways.
    Your probably right. But i still think its cool to see the white out. The Bruins owners are way too cheap to give out t-shirts like that....don't matter much tho Bruins fans are way more passionate than Coyotes fans are.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    WHEELCHAIRS? ANOTHER COMMENT ABOUT THERE AGE? I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT THOSE OLD MEN HAVE WON 4 CUPS IN 15 YEARS! and what have the Habs won in that time? or the sharks?
    You're too easy, hon.

<3
    red panda red panda red panda!

I'm so proud of Detroit and Josie and the pussycats for taking it to seven.

Vancouver is hot tubbin' it, maxin and relaxin while you guys beat each other up for one more game.

No offense, but I'd rather face Detroit, and they'll frankly just be happy that they made it to the 3rd round and start polishing their clubs within 5 games.

It's Vancouver's year, all this talk about Datsuk makes me think you were glued to the prop 8 debate in hopes you might put a ring on it...however, the rings are all going on canucks this year.

Kesler has just announced he will become an honorary Canadian citizen, you heard it here first.

Sources have also revealed that Kesler was the Navy Seal that took out Osama, and in the seventies they foresaw his coming and invented Starsky and Hutch, thinking that all that awesome could not possibly be believed to be in one man.

Here's hoping for triple overtime! go wings/sharks...bleh...w/e beat each other to bits

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, ESPN has an amazingly entertaining hockey article for once. Are the planets aligning or something?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...1&sportCat=nhl

No but seriously they need to fire Burnside and LeBrun. Not only are they hacks, but they are biased and everyone whose posted in this thread is likely more knowledgeable about hockey than they are.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post

Vancouver is hot tubbin' it, maxin and relaxin while you guys beat each other up for one more game.

No offense, but I'd rather face Detroit, and they'll frankly just be happy that they made it to the 3rd round and start polishing their clubs within 5 games.

It's Vancouver's year, all this talk about Datsuk makes me think you were glued to the prop 8 debate in hopes you might put a ring on it...however, the rings are all going on canucks this year.

Kesler has just announced he will become an honorary Canadian citizen, you heard it here first.

Sources have also revealed that Kesler was the Navy Seal that took out Osama, and in the seventies they foresaw his coming and invented Starsky and Hutch, thinking that all that awesome could not possibly be believed to be in one man.

Here's hoping for triple overtime! go wings/sharks...bleh...w/e beat each other to bits
    and please list the reason's why you would rather face Detroit than San Jose.

and what's bad about the Datsyuk talk? he has had an outstanding playoff series, easily in the debate for the Conn Smythe.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Videcaa View Post

I personally think that the Boston Bruins have the cup this year because they had an overall strong season. I'd like to see Vancouver or Montreal win the cup and bring the trophy back home to Canada but Montreal is going to be eliminated first round and even though Vancouver finished first overall I think they're going to choke this year.

Please discuss your opinions/thoughts on the Playoffs this year!

I hate you for being right !!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

if Detroit wins they will only have played 11 games to get to the third round. Vancouver? 13.

Detroit just matches up better with Van, with most of the intangibles leaning Vancouver's way. Obviously I'm biased, but to be fair we all are.

i wouldn't argue that it would be one fantastic series, and after watching Kes absolutely shut down toews in the first round..It would be great to see if he could repeat that against Datsyuk.

Hey, you guys had your cups, we're so overwhelmingly due, and so damn tired of hearing 'how many cups you have?' as the argument in every Canucks debate with another team's fan.

No more dark horse teams that switch it on at the right time like '94
    No more miracle teams like '82
    No more Yankee builds like signing Messier and Keenan to try and buy a cup
    Hard work, build through the draft, play your guts out, and keep your head.

I'll be the first to admit they've followed the Detroit model, and for good reason. I can't help but think that they built it better, though....

Go nucks and may Kesler have mercy on you all.

if Detroit wins they will only have played 11 games to get to the third round. Vancouver? 13.
    Ya but they didnt show up for 2 of them so its technechly even lol.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tim Thomas and the Bruins will be taking home the Stanley Cup!

10+ Year Old Account
    WHEELCHAIRS? ANOTHER COMMENT ABOUT THERE AGE? I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT THOSE OLD MEN HAVE WON 4 CUPS IN 15 YEARS! and what have the Habs won in that time? or the sharks?
    was that a comment about the injurys or age?

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroit just matches up better with Van, with most of the intangibles leaning Vancouver's way. Obviously I'm biased, but to be fair we all are.

i wouldn't argue that it would be one fantastic series, and after watching Kes absolutely shut down toews in the first round..It would be great to see if he could repeat that against Datsyuk.

Hey, you guys had your cups, we're so overwhelmingly due, and so damn tired of hearing 'how many cups you have?' as the argument in every Canucks debate with another team's fan.

No more dark horse teams that switch it on at the right time like '94
    No more miracle teams like '82
    No more Yankee builds like signing Messier and Keenan to try and buy a cup
    Hard work, build through the draft, play your guts out, and keep your head.

I'll be the first to admit they've followed the Detroit model, and for good reason. I can't help but think that they built it better, though....

Go nucks and may Kesler have mercy on you all.
    you took a beaten, battered, depleted team that backed into the playoffs to 7 games. and you want to take on a team that is Chicago + More? crazy.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    was that a comment about the injurys or age?
    Johan Franzen is injured. if Datsyuk is injured, well damn, an Injured Datsyuk outplayed 19 San Jose Sharks (not counting the back up goalie). two games in a row. nuf said.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emidizzle View Post
    Tim Thomas and the Bruins will be taking home the Stanley Cup!
    you have to beat roloson first. and than whatever team the west throws your way. good luck.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    Ya but they didnt show up for 2 of them so its technechly even lol.
    Phoenix didn't show up in any game against detroit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Johan Franzen is injured. if Datsyuk is injured, well damn, an Injured Datsyuk outplayed 19 San Jose Sharks (not counting the back up goalie). two games in a row. nuf said.
    thats because sharks are fish it isnt very hard to show one up( I swear to god if you comment about canucks....)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be good for the game if the Bruins won anyway. They are one of the original 6 teams and haven't won in a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account

Ah hah hahahahahha, oh you're serious.
    HAHAHAHA. Yeah... no. He'd be lucky to shut down Helm.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    isnt kesler leading the playoffs in points,all basilcally form 1 round?

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Lol, Helm is the equivalent of Mason Raymond. All speed, no finish.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    isnt kesler leading the playoffs in points,all basilcally form 1 round?
    hes played 3 more games than Datsyuk and has 1 more point. he is 53.8% in the dot and Datsyuk is 55.0%. he has 16 takeaways to Dats 20.

you took a beaten, battered, depleted team that backed into the playoffs to 7 games. and you want to take on a team that is Chicago + More? crazy.
    No matter what anyone says about the Hawks, they are still the defending Cup Champions and are an elite team, despite being in the 8th seed; even with their offseason unloads, they still have Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, and Crawford (who was simply amazing during the Nucks series).

Phoenix didn't show up in any game against detroit...
    Which would attribute to the Wings and Datsyuk being able to beat up on them, whereas, the Canucks and Kesler had to battle hard against Chicago.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 06:20 PM ----------

hes played 3 more games than Datsyuk and has 1 more point. he is 53.8% in the dot and Datsyuk is 55.0%. he has 16 takeaways to Dats 20.
    Yeah but Kes has 2 GWG to Dats 0. Kes has taken ~200 more draws than Dats. Dats has 5 giveaways to Kes' 2 (with more games).

I gotta say though, Dats' backhand saucer pass on Filp's goal yesterday was siiiick.