10+ Year Old Account
    4 years from now those contracts will look OK, for now they're massive and possibly debilitating but fire sales are nothing new for Chicago and they've stayed near the top of the heap despite them

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    4 years from now those contracts will look OK, for now they're massive and possibly debilitating but fire sales are nothing new for Chicago and they've stayed near the top of the heap despite them
    They also have Keith getting paid about 1/3 less than he deserves for a decent period of time which I'm sure helps a lot.

Deleted
    I mean what else are you gonna do? You are the Hawks, there is no way in hell you can let either of those two walk. You just can't. No surprise it got expensive.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind, the contracts don't kick in until after the upcoming season, during which the cap should rise a decent bit thanks to the TV deal. So their cap hit for next year remains the 6M or whatever it was.

Either way I think it's a pretty good bet they will try to move Seabrook or Hjalmarsson, for no other reason then the depth in the system at the blue line is pretty strong.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-07-09 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Keep in mind, the contracts don't kick in until after the upcoming season, during which the cap should rise a decent bit thanks to the TV deal. So their cap hit for next year remains the 6M or whatever it was.

Either way I think it's a pretty good bet they will try to move Seabrook or Hjalmarsson, for no other reason then the depth in the system at the blue line is pretty strong.
    Keep in mind though from what I'm hearing part of that TV deal has already been factored in to the cap this year apparently. I don't see it jumping as much as some people believe it will. I may be wrong ( cause I haven't done all of the math myself) but even with it not kicking in til next year Chicago is at 2+ mil over the cap for this season, so someone is going somewhere.

As Anassi said though you can't just let them walk. The first year or two its going to hurt I think, but after that it shouldn't be that bad.

You know Stamkos is sitting at home just salivating at the contract he is going to get. Even with a home town discount you got to figure he gets 11 million a season.

I will take one Hjalmarsson for a middling prospect. To help you guys get under the cap, of course. I'm doing you a favour!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dallas needs D-men but fat chance making a move within the division. Everybody got excited by Dallas' off-season moves but they forgot their D-men and goalie are lousy.

Jesus fuck... you guys are at just under 66M on the cap for 15-16 season with 15 players signed. If the cap doesn't go up to at least 75M, you're probably going to have to move 2 of the medium contracts, not just 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Lehtonen is actually a pretty solid goalie, especially when you consider what shit the D in front of him are. Not an elite goalie by any stretch, but I'd be alright with having him over a lot of guys elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Lehtonen is actually a pretty solid goalie, especially when you consider what shit the D in front of him are. Not an elite goalie by any stretch, but I'd be alright with having him over a lot of guys elsewhere.
    he was pretty terrible against the ducks, didn't help his bad D by getting caught out of position all the time, he didn't seem to follow the puck very well

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Bickell contract is looking like shit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Jesus fuck... you guys are at just under 66M on the cap for 15-16 season with 15 players signed. If the cap doesn't go up to at least 75M, you're probably going to have to move 2 of the medium contracts, not just 1.

- - - Updated - - -

He got a lot better, but back when he was on the Thrashers I used to call him Let'emin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Rumour is he fucked Conroy's wife and Iggy beat the fuck out of him in a hotel room on one of their road trips. Got traded the next day.
    That just seems so insane when he's already boinking Elisha Cuthbert.

I would pay real money though to have seen Iggy hulk out on someone while not on the ice.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Rumour is he fucked Conroy's wife and Iggy beat the fuck out of him in a hotel room on one of their road trips. Got traded the next day.
    "So I hear everyone saying you're like a pylon!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Sobotka going to the KHL. Huge blow to the Blues, must have wanted more $ than they were willing to give him or something.

Ya, I saw that earlier... They had to re-sign Ott, which was probably their B or C plan. That really hurts their depth. I don't see how so many still view them as favourites for anything... their goaltending is very questionable (as it has always been), their offense got slightly better, and their D is barely changed. In a 7-game series with Chicago/LA/Anaheim, I don't think they really stand a good chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does trading Kesler and being under new management make anyone here hate Vancouver less?

It seems like they have gotten rid of most of the players (barring Burrows) that made people dislike the team via ego and dirty play.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2014-07-10 at 07:59 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burrows has always been #1 douchebag in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Does trading Kesler and being under new management make anyone here hate Vancouver less?

It seems like they have gotten rid of most of the players (barring Burrows) that made people dislike the team via ego and dirty play.
    Not that I ever hated the Vancouver Canucks to begin with, but yes; since Trevor Linden did the "House-cleaning" in the organization, things look suddenly much better.
    Pretty sure that will show on the ice, too. The Canucks will make the Play-Offs in the upcoming season.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Not really, they are still full of whiners and divers. Sedin's, Burrows, Bieksa and also Kassian. That was the main reason why people hated them.

Seem like every game they would cry about a penalty call or hit, but then you see Burrows flopping around like he was playing for Brazil in the World Cup, or the Miami Heat vs Oklahoma in the finals

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Burrows has always been #1 douchebag in my book.
    Cooke #1
    Torres #2
    Lapierre #3
    Burrows #4
    Avery #5
    (Dis?)Honourable Mentions: Chris Neil, Brad Marchand
    Last edited by Greeney; 2014-07-10 at 08:27 PM.