Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that is the difference between Toronto and Edmonton. Toronto media tries to hold the organization accountable for their decisions whereas Edmonton's media doesn't seem to give a crap that after 5 years, they have shown zero progress. They drafted a bunch of small forwards who clearly are all incapable of scoring like they did in junior, kinda thinking those lower draft selections the Leafs have made were worth it because they have turned into some decent prospects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have to look at the Red Wings organization. They have an absolutely amazing scouting staff. It shows because of how they draft and where they draft. Last year was the first year in a long time they've had a first round pick. I think the Red Wings don't like the first round, they would rather look for guys who are uncut gems. Give them a few years in the system of the farm team and they become actual NHL players.

Where as in you have Edmonton. Where you continually draft 18 year old kids and expect them to turn your organization around. Asking an 18 year old to be the leader of a franchise. Be the emotional core of a team. You can't do that, they aren't mature no matter how much you say they are.

Hell, Mario came out of retirement when Sid and Malkin were suiting up for their first seasons. He taught them a lot, which is what Edmonton really needed. Someone who was an actual leader and show them what they are supposed to be doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Why hire Mctavish to do a fuckin rebuild when he has 0 GM experience? So many questions but the media is either afraid to chew them out or just simply dont care.
    I still remember McTavish saying he'd be making some "bold moves". He has done exactly jack shit. Brought in Scrivens and Fasth who are doing a resonably solid job behind a comically inept defense, that's about it. Yeah, Scrivs statline looks ugly but you can't exactly expect the guy to repeat his 59-saves-shutout-game-for-the-ages feat every night.

Bold move would have been to trade up for the first overall in the last draft and pick damn Ekblad. Draisaitl is big and strong for his age but they desperately need some stud d-men or they'll continue to be outgunned every night.

Flames tie her up with 5 seconds to go and win in a shootout. Edmonton loses 7-1. What a beautiful night. Sometimes I wish Toronto media was in Edmonton just to see their reactions tp the oilers everything lmao
    That comeback, was insanity. Flames have taken "exciting hockey" from last season and now added wins to it. It's becoming ridiculous but so fun.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Yet another victim of the Leafs' miserable season.

too soon?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post

too soon?
    That was low.

And if you want to talk about miserable seasons, how about them Oilers?

Deleted
    I was honestly shocked how bad the Oilers season is. Dead last in the league if they didn't hold the tie breaker over the Sabres. I mean holy shit, that is abysmal for a team stacked with young talent like that. The Sabres at least have the excuse to be at the start of a full blown scorched earth rebuild.

And the immediate future doesn't look too rosy either, their next games pit them against pretty much the entire top half of the Central Division plus the Coyotes. And all games aside from the Coyotes are on the road. The only way they may not end up dead last at all is that Buffalo's schedule doesn't look much better, they got the Jets and then two home-and-homes against the Habs and the Lightning.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oilers reportedly shopping David Perron for "a top line center". What a circus.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Columbus being down there with Buffalo and Edmonton is more disappointing than anything.

Deleted
    True, but they were absolutely ravaged by injuries early on, at one point they lost their Vezina quality starting goalie and most of their top two lines for an extended amount of time. That's going to wreck pretty much any team, especially one that's usually on the bubble like Columbus. I think they'll find their gears soon now that most of their top guys are either healthy or on the way there but it might be too late for a playoff spot. They just lost too much ground.

10+ Year Old Account

too soon?

Not sure how 11-8 is a miserable season.. But I guess to every douche their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That was low.

And if you want to talk about miserable seasons, how about them Oilers?
    Ehh, someone was gonna do it, take one for the team. And yes, they are pretty shit.

Dark humour is also how I cope with shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    Not sure how 11-8 is a miserable season.. But I guess to every douche their own.
    Lighten up Francis.

I guess tossing jerseys on to and booing your team off the ice even being over .500 is "normal."
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-11-25 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    True, but they were absolutely ravaged by injuries early on, at one point they lost their Vezina quality starting goalie and most of their top two lines for an extended amount of time. That's going to wreck pretty much any team, especially one that's usually on the bubble like Columbus. I think they'll find their gears soon now that most of their top guys are either healthy or on the way there but it might be too late for a playoff spot. They just lost too much ground.
    It doesn't help that baring a miracle. Nathan Horton's career is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh, someone was gonna do it, take one for the team. And yes, they are pretty shit.

Dark humour is also how I cope with shit.

Lighten up Francis.

I guess tossing jerseys on to and booing your team off the ice even being over .500 is "normal."

Just because a couple of drunks at Edmonton/Toronto games want to throw their $200 jersey on the ice that is their problem. And if you want to be a moron.. go for it.

I think you might be a bit too sensitive for this internet thing.

"a few drunks" might be apt however, since the ACC had emptied out by then.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-11-25 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    with Quinn as coach Toronto averaged 97 points a year, this year they're on pace for 94

probably not a big enough difference to kill him

Oilers reportedly shopping David Perron for "a top line center". What a circus.
    And what's bad is the fans are often just as delusional as the staff is. I've seen more laughable trade proposal's from that group than just about any fan base out there. Weber + for Yakipov, yes someone seriously asked if we would be willing to do that. I literally fell out of my chair laughing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And what's bad is the fans are often just as delusional as the staff is. I've seen more laughable trade proposal's from that group than just about any fan base out there. Weber + for Yakipov, yes someone seriously asked if we would be willing to do that. I literally fell out of my chair laughing.
    yea fan trade proposals are awful. HFboards has a forum section for it and some of the people are just ridiculous.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1780799 example. Lmao. or this thread http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1777281 is just a shitshow. People trying to find good offers for JVR.