15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oneremix View Post
    i wouldn't say my math is the best, but im pretty sure getting in on 11/14 goals (kesler vs. preds) is better than 10/16 goals (Dats vs. sharks).

also, regarding preds = yotes, I highly disagree that a defense including Rinne (vezina candidate), Weber (norris candidate), and Suter are comparable to Bryzgalov, Jovo, and Keith Yandle.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 10:47 AM ----------

This.

I have a feeling this thread is going to explode if Wings make it to the next round vs. Nucks. Good luck tonight, only 3 teams have ever completed a 0-3 series comeback, and apparently the Sharks haven't lost 4 straight this year; but then again, its the playoffs, so all those stats go out the window.
    and getting 14 points in 10 games is better than 15 points in 13 games. good day sir.
    also. when i compared Nashville to Phoenix, there both gritty grinder type teams, nothing flashy or spectacular, its more muscle than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Absolutely not.
    Awww, don't lose faith! I am sure your team will do good next season.

15+ Year Old Account
    and getting 14 blocked shots in 10 games is better than 12 in 15. and getting 20 takeaways in 10 games is b etter than 16. do you wish to continue comparing stats? my point was this. so far Kesler was accountable for 5/7 of the scoring of the Canucks against Nashville (71.4%) and Datsyuk was accountable for 5/8 of the scoring Detroit did against San Jose. (62.5%) Both have been EXTREMELY Valuable to there teams success.

Ugh, we get it, you like Pavel Datsyuk....

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    and getting 14 blocked shots in 10 games is better than 12 in 15. and getting 20 takeaways in 10 games is b etter than 16. do you wish to continue comparing stats? my point was this. so far Kesler was accountable for 5/7 of the scoring of the Canucks against Nashville (71.4%) and Datsyuk was accountable for 5/8 of the scoring Detroit did against San Jose. (62.5%) Both have been EXTREMELY Valuable to there teams success.
    Whats Dats's time on the PK?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menkey View Post
    Ugh, we get it, you like Pavel Datsyuk....
    well yes i do like him, if that wasn't obvious before the playoffs even started something is wrong with you. my point is this. you cannot say that Kesler has been far and away superior to everyone and that it is not even a contest, much like oneremix is doing. i give kesler his due. i think he has been the second best skater in these playoffs, but Datsyuk has been superior.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 07:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    Whats Dats's time on the PK?
    57ish seconds a game. not as much as Kesler's and that is one stat Kesler has Datsyuk on hands down, just like Points (for now, Datsyuk has 3 games to get 1 point, if they can extend there playoff march). Kesler also has an edge in giveaways, and a slight edge in shot %.

well yes i do like him, if that wasn't obvious before the playoffs even started something is wrong with you. my point is this. you cannot say that Kesler has been far and away superior to everyone and that it is not even a contest, much like oneremix is doing. i give kesler his due. i think he has been the second best skater in these playoffs, but Datsyuk has been superior.
    Lets get this straight, I am definitely NOT saying Kes is, by far, superior to everyone; I think Dats is an amazing player, and has been playing lights out in these playoffs. I'm saying that I feel that Kesler has been better than Dats, and has been the most valuable player to his team in these playoffs (as what the Conne Smythe is judged on).

It seems as if hockey analysts agree with me as well. And, as someone else mentioned, please dont quote "analysts" from ESPN - they know about every sport BUT hockey. *sigh*
    Last edited by oneremix; 2011-05-12 at 09:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lets get this straight, I am definitely NOT saying Kes is, by far, superior to everyone; I think Dats is an amazing player, and has been playing lights out in these playoffs. I'm saying that I feel that Kesler has been better than Dats, and has been the most valuable player to his team in these playoffs (as what the Conne Smythe is judged on).

It seems as if hockey analysts agree with me as well. And, as someone else mentioned, please dont quote "analysts" from ESPN - they know about every sport BUT hockey. *sigh*
    And Datsyuk has been the best player on his team as well. Conn Smythe worthy, and he has Kesler beat in almost every category. statisticly. also. and while i agree with you that ESPN is decidely lacking, they are not the only ones saying Datsyuk is a beast.

And Datsyuk has been the best player on his team as well. Conn Smythe worthy, and he has Kesler beat in almost every category. statisticly. also. and while i agree with you that ESPN is decidely lacking, they are not the only ones saying Datsyuk is a beast.
    BUT DETROIT IS LIKE THE BEST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE SO THEREFORE KESLER IS CONTRIBUTING MORE CAUSE DETROIT > CANUCKS

herpderp pavel
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Game 7 - Wings vs. Sharks, t-minus 2 hours! wooooo!

On a side note, Manny skated with the Nucks today at practice! I seriously hope he makes an appearance in these playoffs - would be a HUGE boost to the team. Obviously, only if it doesnt interfere with his rehab process. Nonetheless, super happy for him that he's looking like he's getting better.
    Last edited by oneremix; 2011-05-12 at 11:12 PM.

Game 7 - Wings vs. Sharks, t-minus 2 hours! wooooo!
    Cannot wait.

10+ Year Old Account

Datsyuk has better stats than a whale, so your post is invalid.

15+ Year Old Account
    well one things for sure.

the Sharks really need to stop the collapse in the 3rd period. last 3 games detroit have won, were because they just dominate the sharks in the 3rd period. IF sharks dont do something about it, then they will lose tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    that is friggen hilarious.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 12:39 AM ----------

20 more minutes till Hockey time. and all i can say is. "ABOUT DAMN TIME"

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 12:40 AM ----------

Sharks fans. win or lose its been an epic series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, TSN is having the same discussion as us. Has Kesler been Datsyuk-ish, or has Datsyuk been Kesler-ish?

heartburn. possibly out of nervousness? i don't know, but i do know, i have it big time. well, good luck tonight to who wins, and regardless whoever wins, it was a damn good series.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's starting!

10+ Year Old Account
    For the interest of hockey I hope both teams turn It on for a massive game tonight. Fingers crossed for the wings though.

15+ Year Old Account
    That whale eating the Red wing and Shark is awesome. Also makes me a little sad that they didn't use Al the Octopus for that.