The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    ^I agree but things are gonna change when those Toews/Kane contracts kick in. Ontop of having to sign Seabrook after next season + Saad and Kruger this off season you'll be losing some depth. Many think Hossa or Sharp are on the move, possibly even both considering Hossa is 36 and on the books for a loooooooong time. Someone was joking around that the Hawks prime is gonna last the entire career of Kane and Toews which is hard to argue but I sense a step back in playoff dominance after this season.
    Oh no doubt. In my opinion Sharp and Seabrook will both be gone, but I can take solace that we made the most of this stacked core, though one more cup would be nice :P

Plus like you said Saad, Toews, and Kane aren't going anywhere and 22, 27, and 26 respectively. We have good talent in the pipeline, such as 20 year old Tuevo who's playing on that aforementioned 3rd line already in serious playoff games. The blue line depth is a concern, especially when Seabrook leaves, but Dunc doesn't show any signs of slowing down even at 31, plus Hjalmarsson won't be going anywhere and he's only 27, plus the brief time we saw 23 year TVR he looked good, but we will need a cheap blue liner to figure it out and become really good for a few seasons to be the cup favorite every year like we've been for the past 3 years (again in my opinion).

We should always at least be in the playoffs every year with our core, provided we have someone in the pipes who can hold his own, which always gives you a shot.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2015-05-15 at 04:03 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should resign Seabrook tbh, he's so clutch and like you said you'll have problems with depth. The good thing about Saad is you can sign him to a bridge deal for 2-3m 2 years and Tuevo has time too. The thing that kills you is 6m for Crawford. Your team isn't built to support that type of a cap hit from the goalie especially not with that forward group. I'm wondering if they deal Seabrook at the deadline next season if things aren't looking as great, I imagine he'd bring in a haul even as a rental.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^I agree but things are gonna change when those Toews/Kane contracts kick in. Ontop of having to sign Seabrook after next season + Saad and Kruger this off season you'll be losing some depth. Many think Hossa or Sharp are on the move, possibly even both considering Hossa is 36 and on the books for a loooooooong time. Someone was joking around that the Hawks prime is gonna last the entire career of Kane and Toews which is hard to argue but I sense a step back in playoff dominance after this season.
    Chicago has let a lot of players go over the years and stayed competitive. The only thing I worry about with them is unsteady goaltending. They have a good goalie but if he has a prolonged lapse or Keith keeps letting them poke pucks off his stick into the net, then they can get in trouble.

The Kings meanwhile clutch every player close and let sentiment prevent them from moving on and remaining competitive, Lombardi has rubbed me the wrong way the past year...

Deleted
    Dude. You won the cup last year, I guess it's too early to talk about sentiment, moving on and remaining competetive. You had a stinker of a season but still one hell of a team.

15+ Year Old Account
    #crushingbrackets
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    #crushingbrackets
    Oh you're SlipperyGoldfish? Jesus back to back likely incoming, what's your overall percentile at? I'm guessing not many picked Tampa to win it all so if you're correct about Tampa over Chicago you could really be up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note to self: bet on toxigens picks next year lol.
    You're a towel.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck nhl can we not schedule afternoon matinee games? I'm too hungover for this shit

Rangers are taking a fuckton of penalties this game, can't tell if its the reffing or theyre being undisciplined since I was listening to the radio.

Annnnd New York takes game 1, 3 more to go REG!
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-05-16 at 07:36 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit was that a fast game or what? I got home at 230 central and it was already over.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it started at 1pm EST so nothing really out of the ordinary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fuck nhl can we not schedule afternoon matinee games? I'm too hungover for this shit

Rangers are taking a fuckton of penalties this game, can't tell if its the reffing or theyre being undisciplined since I was listening to the radio.

Annnnd New York takes game 1, 3 more to go REG!
    Very stupid penalties. Very undisciplined.

And I love the afternoon games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone catch Jack Eichel running shit over at the World Championship? Sure it's not the stiffest competition but he looks pretty god damn good. Buffalo fans shoulden't be mad they lost the lottery, he's in the same ballpark as McDavid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Smith is a great goalie when he has a team in front of him.

Deleted
    For once i can watch play-off during great hours. Game startet at 21.00 central European time.

Go Ducks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Mike Smith is a great goalie when he has a team in front of him.
    nah bro, its his fault that arizona came 2nd last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this thread took a nosedive in activity with the playoffs advancing lol. Two big games and only like ten comments! Ducks really put one on Chicago, was t really expecting that.

I want Chicago to win, then I'd prefer the Lightning, then he Rangers, then ducks.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a busy weekend, didn't see either game. Not too surprised by the Ducks/Hawks result, Hawks come on at home and in games 5-6 usually.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah in all honesty we dominated the game, just the few defensive breakdowns by Rundblad led to goals and Andersen was really solid in net.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chicago's playing with 4 D men essentially and Anaheim has balanced minutes throughout their D core. Runblad and Timonen were awful yesterday, granted Kimmo only played like 5m but still. Ducks are so deep you have to roll all 3 D pairs but it's gonna be hard when you have a liability pairing like those 2 guys.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well those two will never be paired together, but it really just comes down to fatigue. Can you play only 4 d men (basically) for an entire series and have them not get gassed to the point where they are getting exposed towards the end of games/series? We just have to pray for no triple OT games this round. And honestly Fowler looks like he's skating in cement sometimes to me so I'm all for him playing normal minutes.