Quote Originally Posted by oneremix View Post
    I typed "Jesus" into my iPhone and it got auto-corrected to "Kesler"

also, In Luongod We Trust

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 03:36 PM ----------

Yup, we get Leaf/Habs/Sens games on CBC, before our Nucks games out here in Vancouver. Really don't like the commentators at CBC though, especially Ron Maclean and his terrible reporting. Much rather listen to Tom Larscheid and John Shorthouse on Rogers Sportsnet.
    Laesheid was never on sportsnet and he retired a few years back. John Garret does the colour commintating on Sportsnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    Laesheid was never on sportsnet and he retired a few years back. John Garret does the colour commintating on Sportsnet.
    "I'd rather listen to Tom Larscheid" - he was a commentator for the Canucks on the TEAM 1040 Sports Radio until the beginning of last year. He was replaced by Dave Tomlinson who is pretty good as well.

John Shorthouse ALSO does the color WITH Garrett on Sportsnet - look it up. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't listen to the commentary, I just mute the TV and constantly refresh this thread, imagining the poster's voices in my mind.

Anyone else notice in Game 6 of San Jose v Detroit that one of the commentary for VS was wearing a Red Wings tie? Horrible.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 11:30 PM ----------

Also that after the Sharks 3rd goal in game 7 Holmstrom took a swing at Setoguchi. Laaaaaame.

Quote Originally Posted by animeguru08 View Post
    Anyone else notice in Game 6 of San Jose v Detroit that one of the commentary for VS was wearing a Red Wings tie? Horrible.
    No I didn't notice that, and that is horrible, for him anyways. Ugh my night will be boring with no game to watch and I don't play much WoW these days.

Any world hockey re-runs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Commentator bias is nothing new.

There should be no bias on national stations. If it was CSN-Cali and I saw Randy Hahn wearing a Sharks tie, then that is understandable, but not national.

10+ Year Old Account

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    that is all
    Nice, very nice indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    derek boogard was found dead today at the age of 28

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CBC.ca
    The New York Rangers on Friday confirmed the death of enforcer Derek Boogaard.

The Rangers released a statement not long after a report from the Minneapolis Star Tribune indicated that Boogaard was found dead early Friday morning in his Minneapolis apartment.

He would have turned 29 next month.

"Derek was an extremely kind and caring individual," Rangers president and general manager Glen Sather said in a statement. "He was a very thoughtful person, who will be dearly missed by all those who knew him. We extend our deepest sympathies to his family, friends and teammates during this difficult time."

Boogaard had just completed his first season with the Rangers after signing as a free agent. He spent the first several seasons of his career with the Minnesota Wild, who drafted him in 2001.

The six-foot-seven forward earned a reputation as arguably the most fearsome fighter in the league. He scored three goals and 13 assists while racking up 589 penalty minutes in 277 career NHL games.

Born in Saskatoon, Boogaard played with Regina, Prince George and Medicine Hat while in the Western Hockey League.
    Haven't announced the cause yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    So that makes how many deceased hockey players this year? I know of Tom Cavanagh.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty sad. I know Boogaard wasn't the most well liked guy on the ice against other teams, but it's a pretty big tragedy for someone so young to die suddenly. I have a feeling it might be brain related to an injury or a trauma to the head or heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That's pretty sad. I know Boogaard wasn't the most well liked guy on the ice against other teams, but it's a pretty big tragedy for someone so young to die suddenly. I have a feeling it might be brain related to an injury or a trauma to the head or heart.
    Even if you hate a guy when you are a player or a fan, you should always just end that hate and reach out when it involves something this traumatic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Not NHL but World Cup playoffs. Grandlund with the goal of the year:

http://watch.tsn.ca/international-hockey/#clip466646
    That was pretty impressive. Seen similar things during the skills challenge but never during a live game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    That was pretty impressive. Seen similar things during the skills challenge but never during a live game.
    Seen it in college play. Too bad that isn't allowed in the NHL what with you can't make contact with the puck with your stick above the crossbar, or with all the pressure that gets put on a player behind the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Definitley.

My condolences to the Boogard family.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen it in college play. Too bad that isn't allowed in the NHL what with you can't make contact with the puck with your stick above the crossbar, or with all the pressure that gets put on a player behind the net.
    It's allowed in NHL, IIHF and NHL have the same rules regarding this. The rules state that the point of measurement of a high stick or not is where the puck meets the stick (blade), in this case he flipped the blade downwards so while the end of the stick may have been above the crossbar, the point of contact between the puck and the stick (blade) was not as he hurled the puck into the top of the net, something that would not have been possible if the puck was above the crossbar.

NHL Rule 80 – High-sticking the Puck 80.3 Disallowed Goal – When an attacking player causes the puck to enter the opponent’s goal by contacting the puck above the height of the crossbar, either directly or deflected off any player or official, the goal shall not be allowed. The determining factor is where the puck makes contact with the stick. If the puck makes contact with the stick below the level of the crossbar and enters the goal, this goal shall be allowed.
    Perfectly legitimate goal no matter what rules you go by, as to why it's rare in the NHL I don't know, possibly because of a smaller ice rink so you don't get enough space to do so with defencemen on your heels.

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 11:30 PM ----------

Also that after the Sharks 3rd goal in game 7 Holmstrom took a swing at Setoguchi. Laaaaaame.
    considering all the swings between San Jose and Detroit throughout the series? yeah. your smart bud. Setoguchi slammed into Howard. how did you expect him to react? give him a cupcake?
    as for announcers, when Detroit scored the first goal in game 1 the announcers were so melancholy about it i didn't realize a goal had been scored till i came out of the kitchen.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 03:00 PM ----------

anyways. both these upcoming series should be very good. i got the Canucks and Tampa advancing.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2011-05-14 at 02:57 PM.