We won two in a row for the first time in a month. Wilson with only his second goal all season, yikes.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    What if this is part of a strategy to get Austin Matthews and then trade Getzlaf.?
    At this point, I wonder if the Ducks are on the verge of blowing it up. They look laughable out there, even the lowly Leafs are putting more effort on the ice each night than the Ducks are. I guess all those big contracts which are currently unmovable objects due to the cap, are just going to be retirement contracts at this point. I don't see many teams being willing to give up big future to get guys who are under performing, but managed to make the playoffs last year. The West isn't even that strong right now, a lot of average performing teams from what I have observed and the big 4 right now are the Stars, Kings, Blackhawks the Blues. Yeah, it's still a close conference for playoff spots, but it's pretty mediocre all around.

Then you look at the East, Pittsburgh is 6th in their division (17 points back of Washington) and only 4 points ahead of the Leafs, who are 3rd last in the East and last in their division. It is just pathetic how bad the East is when Washington is leading it, granted they are probably the best I have seen out of them since Ovechkin was drafted since they are dangerous both ways.

Right now I figure if Montreal can keep their shit together, it will be Washington vs Montreal for the East final. The Habs need to get another centre though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crosby to Montreal for a lot of defensive help. Montreal has depth on defense. They could also trade Fucale and give the Pens some sort of hope for the future in net.

Deleted
    Crosby to Montreal for a lot of defensive help. Montreal has depth on defense. They could also trade Fucale and give the Pens some sort of hope for the future in net.
    I don't think they will trade Crosby. Not this year atleast. He is too big of a name in Pittsburgh.

Feels good to win against Kings. Pavelski is on fire with 3 points and 36 total in 34 games. Is he the best player on tip-in's in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    At this point, I wonder if the Ducks are on the verge of blowing it up. They look laughable out there, even the lowly Leafs are putting more effort on the ice each night than the Ducks are. I guess all those big contracts which are currently unmovable objects due to the cap, are just going to be retirement contracts at this point. I don't see many teams being willing to give up big future to get guys who are under performing, but managed to make the playoffs last year. The West isn't even that strong right now, a lot of average performing teams from what I have observed and the big 4 right now are the Stars, Kings, Blackhawks the Blues. Yeah, it's still a close conference for playoff spots, but it's pretty mediocre all around.

Then you look at the East, Pittsburgh is 6th in their division (17 points back of Washington) and only 4 points ahead of the Leafs, who are 3rd last in the East and last in their division. It is just pathetic how bad the East is when Washington is leading it, granted they are probably the best I have seen out of them since Ovechkin was drafted since they are dangerous both ways.

Right now I figure if Montreal can keep their shit together, it will be Washington vs Montreal for the East final. The Habs need to get another centre though.
    I wonder if there's some heat going between the team and Boudreau. We know that he and Selanne had issues prior to his retirement...maybe there's more?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They lost too many key guys and their bigs are playing like the softies they are. No rock back on the blue line and that Kesler contract looks god awful right about now. They have no depth outside that top line too. Never a good thing when Kevin Beiksa is playing hard minutes for you either. Hard to blame the goaltending, no one is scoring for those guys. I know Andersen was playing as good as he could in the first 15 games.

I'm actually starting to think that Montreal misses Gallagher more than Price. On the plus side, some of the call ups Carr and Andrighetto are playing great. But otherwise it's been a weird month for both the teams I watch. The Habs have been completely lost when playing. The Jets are either completely dominating play or are giving up the puck at a lot of bad times. It says something that when Hellebuyck plays they play better. I wonder if they are telling Pavs to ride out the injury as long as possible.

The Pens are this year's Leafs team. They have a substitute teacher and it is just going to be a tire fire from here on out. Looks like someone else will join Peter Horacheck out in the mountains.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh fun stat, both Dallas and Washington have yet to lose 10 games.
    Pfft. Semin was clearly the glue that held the team together. They sure do miss all that Semin in the Habs locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    They lost too many key guys and their bigs are playing like the softies they are. No rock back on the blue line and that Kesler contract looks god awful right about now. They have no depth outside that top line too. Never a good thing when Kevin Beiksa is playing hard minutes for you either. Hard to blame the goaltending, no one is scoring for those guys. I know Andersen was playing as good as he could in the first 15 games.
    My favourite part about Kesler's contract is that he's still not even on that new contract. He's not even playing up to his former $5M/AAV contract, and the Ducks owe him almost 2M more per season for another 6 years... for a guy who will be 32 before he even starts the contract. It's like they took a look at the Penguins' strategy and decided it was obviously a good idea, despite all the issues going on with that team for years. At least they still have a bunch of cap space to sign their young D, I guess.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    My favourite part about Kesler's contract is that he's still not even on that new contract. He's not even playing up to his former $5M/AAV contract, and the Ducks owe him almost 2M more per season for another 6 years... for a guy who will be 32 before he even starts the contract. It's like they took a look at the Penguins' strategy and decided it was obviously a good idea, despite all the issues going on with that team for years. At least they still have a bunch of cap space to sign their young D, I guess.
    3 years ago it would be a decent contract too. He was one of the best 2 way players in his prime. He has 12 points this year, that's abysmal even for his current contract and I coulden't be happier. Dude is such a douche on the ice.

Be glad to get back home on Monday. I thought Atlanta was a black hole for hockey, but SE Ohio is even worse. Really need some decent hockey.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada vs USA at 1pm est world juniors for anyone who wants a quick preview at just hoe good Auston Mathews is.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda salty right now that some nobody Swiss kid blind sided Nylander earlier today and probably knocked him out of the tournament.

Kinda salty right now that some nobody Swiss kid blind sided Nylander earlier today and probably knocked him out of the tournament.
    He was having a hell of a year too. Hopefully he'll recover quickly.

Woot! First regulation win at world juniors, and likely another trip to the quarterfinals.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, 11 straight wins at home. T.J. Brodie has 20 points in 26 games, Gaudreau has 12 GOALS in the last 11, Giordano looking more and more like his old self. I don't want to speak too soon, but it looks like the Flames team that many people predicted has finally shown up. We're getting passable goaltending and the defense is finding their stride here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Flames I swear need to shed the notorious slow starter image.

Deleted
    Looks like Nylander is fine and will be able to play again in the tournament

Was good to finally see Fisher back. Thank god Forsberg has finally come alive. We get a couple of more going we might look more like last season.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man that Canada / Swiss game was crazy. Canadian team looks weak this year, my pick to win the tourny is USA or Finland. So many if the 2014 and 2015 draft picks who I thought would be dominant haven't done shit. Dylan Strome looks like the real deal but Marner, Virtanen, Konecney, Sanheim, Fleury, and Crouse have all be very unimpressive. Marner looks extremely shaky out there, I thought he'd be a big player for Canada but lots of plays end on his stick or he fumbles passes. Thank god performance at the WJC aren't indicative of how good a prospect is.

I'm happy to see one of our prospects Kamenev is playing really well for Russia. We really need him to turn into a 2C/3C in the next two years or so. Way people are talking is he is a Mike Fisher with more upside. If that pans out I will be one happy camper.