Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Polak is our biggest weakness imo. The guy has had a penalty in almost every game he has played and been the cause of many goals allowed.
    It would be great to get a 2nd from SJ for him again though. Hopefully we can get something like that too for leivo/soshnikov.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    It would be great to get a 2nd from SJ for him again though. Hopefully we can get something like that too for leivo/soshnikov.
    Leivo is such a bitch crying to the media about not playing. Dude, you haven't earned the right to play every night, and I haven't seen anything from him that makes me think he should be playing over other guys on the roster. I'd trade him on the grounds that JVR will sign an extension that fits under the cap. Trading Bozak might help that, since he has been a bit of a bum this year though he won't get a high return.

I don't really blame him for saying what he thinks will help to play in the Nhl but wouldn't be surprised if Lou uses him to send a message. Can't see soshnikov not being dealt soon though.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really blame him for saying what he thinks will help to play in the Nhl but wouldn't be surprised if Lou uses him to send a message. Can't see soshnikov not being dealt soon though.
    Soshnikov is likely going to get traded, especially if they are looking at a 4th line centre.

I find it amusing that Ottawa's president, former MLSE boss Tony Ambrosie, quits the same day that Dorien gets a 3 year contract extension. Honestly, the team is a mess, has no first round pick and will miss out on a chance at getting Dahlin, which is probably a good thing that he doesn't get drafted by a team that won't be bothered to pay him fairly when he gets to his first contract. I see Karlsson walking and getting what the market will bear, Ottawa won't even come close and most guys care about winning. You don't go to Ottawa if you want to get paid and still have a shot at winning.

Well that was a fun game last night.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    they should move the Sens, I don't know how anyone thought that franchise would take off. Yeah we're gonna slap this team straight between the 2 longest and historic teams in the league and expect lifelong Habs/Leafs fans whos parents parents were Habs/Leaf fans to just start cheering for them. Not only that, we'll let the chinciest guy in hockey own them. Good god they're going to run Karlsson out of town and be irrelevant for the next 10 years.

Holy crap everyone in the Central lost, it's a Christmas miracle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Holy crap everyone in the Central lost, it's a Christmas miracle!
    I wonder what the stat is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I wonder what the stat is there.
    Not sure, but when you look at goal differential between the divisions it's freaking nuts. I know at one point the Central was st like ÷189 and the next closest was like +5.

Outside of Chicago it has felt like no one in the Central loses and if they do they at least get to OT.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, we beat a team ahead of us tonight! Kind of a shitty third period by the Leafs though.

I love the East standings. Tampa, Boston, Toronto - Metro division then the rest of the Atlantic. lulz

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs looked pretty terrible trying to defend against 6 skaters. Glad it didn't end up a 3 point game.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2018-02-13 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that we are heading towards the final stretch I am wondering if the Vegas Knights are going to collapse under themselves, as for the Season they need to shake up much of the League from the top down. Starting with Gary Bettman. All eyes on the Wild otherwise.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Leafs looked pretty terrible trying to defend against 6 skaters. Glad it didn't end up a 3 point game.
    Man the lack of an ability to hold on to leads drives me insane. Sure a game or two youre gonna blow a 2 or 3 goal lead, but holy crap that shits going to bite our asses again in the playoffs if we don't fix it soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Now that we are heading towards the final stretch I am wondering if the Vegas Knights are going to collapse under themselves, as for the Season they need to shake up much of the League from the top down. Starting with Gary Bettman. All eyes on the Wild otherwise.
    My guess is they'll be in the playoffs but lose in first round.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Holy crap, we beat a team ahead of us tonight! Kind of a shitty third period by the Leafs though.

I love the East standings. Tampa, Boston, Toronto - Metro division then the rest of the Atlantic. lulz
    Man I hope Colorado gets Dahlin bc of Ottawa's pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    they should move the Sens, I don't know how anyone thought that franchise would take off. Yeah we're gonna slap this team straight between the 2 longest and historic teams in the league and expect lifelong Habs/Leafs fans whos parents parents were Habs/Leaf fans to just start cheering for them. Not only that, we'll let the chinciest guy in hockey own them. Good god they're going to run Karlsson out of town and be irrelevant for the next 10 years.
    It amazes me the two teams over the next couple years with the top ufas are not giving their superstars any reason to want to stay with their franchise and seemingly aren't trying to shop them.

- - - Updated - - -

And Phaneuf traded to LA for Gaborik with salary retained.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is they'll be in the playoffs but lose in first round.
    If you mean Vegas Knights, I would say maybe, if you mean Wild Yeah, it would be real nice if that would stop happening. I mean I am a fan win or lose but sometimes the team shows up but really doesn't show up.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    If you mean Vegas Knights, I would say maybe, if you mean Wild Yeah, it would be real nice if that would stop happening. I mean I am a fan win or lose but sometimes the team shows up but really doesn't show up.
    Meant Vegas. Wild is a team I tend to expect to get eliminated in the second round.

Was in attendance for the crazy comeback against the Blue last night, holy molly was that nuts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Was in attendance for the crazy comeback against the Blue last night, holy molly was that nuts.
    have you been to a lot of games? my friends are in Nashville for a bachelor party and went to the game last night. Said it was the best barn hes been to

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    have you been to a lot of games? my friends are in Nashville for a bachelor party and went to the game last night. Said it was the best barn hes been to
    I have been over the years, was a season ticket holder for a couple of years and been too a few playoff series. Haven t been able to go as much since I got married.

It's great to hear they enjoyed it, if they think that was awesome should be there for a playoff series lol.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Saturday should be fun. Leafs vs Bruins for second place in the East. Kinda pisses me off that Boston has 5 fucking games in hand though, I hope their schedule crushes them at the end of the season while other teams are coasting the last week.

Rinne gets his 300th win and pretty fitting he ties Vokoun on the career list when he does.