Apparently Doughty and the Kings have reached a verbal agreement on an 8-year, $56M deal. Good news for Kings fans... if there are any in the world :P

15+ Year Old Account
    and here i was hoping the wings would pick him up, still at 7 million a season, thats pricey

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    yeah? well thats Detroits life right now? why is it ok to screw over the West Coast and the Central but not ok to screw over anyone else?

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 03:22 AM ----------

Even Babcock and the blogs are talking about how Chicago dressed pretty much there starters for the game against Detroit last night.
    http://nightmareonhelmstreet.com/201...ks-bright.html
    I didn't say it was acceptable but I also find it hilariously stupid that the East and West teams don't meet more often for road trips. I'd like to see less of the baddies that are the Habs and Sens and more games against western teams. I really don't see why there aren't at least 2 or 3 western road trips that start in Vancouver and work south through Anaheim, LA, San Jose and across to Dallas, Phoenix and Chicago for instance. I am tired of seeing the same fucking East teams every season because the league refuses to do more cross conference match ups just because of the travel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Apparently Doughty and the Kings have reached a verbal agreement on an 8-year, $56M deal. Good news for Kings fans... if there are any in the world :P
    Wowzers. Can't believe the Kings actually got him to sign an 8 year deal. Last I heard Doughty was adamant about getting a 4-5 year deal so he would be a UFA when he was young and make huge money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wowzers. Can't believe the Kings actually got him to sign an 8 year deal. Last I heard Doughty was adamant about getting a 4-5 year deal so he would be a UFA when he was young and make huge money.
    I figured he would sign 5 years then test the market when he is in his prime, similar to Stamkos.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brendan Smith 8 Game suspension. Clearly Shanahan is trying to send a message otherwise i would say that the 8 games for a hit that was incidental (and the recieving player had his head down) was excessive. however if Shanny is sending a message, and he continues to lay down the law, i have no problem with it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A good old fashioned Original 6 match up between the Leafs and Red Wings, looking forward to it.

I've done enough arguing over the rules elsewhere, but it's obvious to me and plenty of neutral fans I've talked to that that hit is not suspension worthy. Ben Smith pretty clearly moved his shoulder out of the way. If he hadn't it would have been a perfect shoulder-to-shoulder hit.

You don't have time on a breakaway to think 'Oh, I'm about to get hammered, let me drop my shoulder so I can get a concussion'. Yes, it's an iffy hit, but it's not about the hit. It's about the decision to make said hit instead of even TRYING to play the puck. Taking out the opportunity for plays like this to occur is what the league is trying to do. They don't want hitting out of the game. They want players to try to be a little responsible for their actions. No, you won't be able to think 'OH SHIT HE DROPPED HIS SHOULDER I NEED TO STOP'. The point is to make you change how you play the game day-to-day to avoid situations like that from happening. Play the puck.

In this specific situation, he goes in with his stick, then PULLS HIS STICK BACK to line up the hit. Why? You're obviously in position to break up the play. Why risk any sort of contact that could put you and/or another player out of action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrUhyre View Post
    I've done enough arguing over the rules elsewhere, but it's obvious to me and plenty of neutral fans I've talked to that that hit is not suspension worthy. Ben Smith pretty clearly moved his shoulder out of the way. If he hadn't it would have been a perfect shoulder-to-shoulder hit.
    I totally disagree. The honus is on the player to not even be in the region of the head when making the check. Smith didn't intentionally hit him in the head, but he was still making a high check. He wasn't trying to headshot the guy, but he still did so he had to get something. I enjoy that the NHL is also looking at injury when making the suspensions. You shouldn't be able to drive a guys head into the glass making him miss a significant chunk of time and only get a game or two like you could under the Campbell regime.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 08:06 PM ----------

I still can't decide if I want to see Burnny or Nyquist get the final roster spot. Both guys have played great all preseason. I think at this point I would like to see Brunny get it since there is absolutely no way he is going to clear waivers to be sent down to Grand Rapids with the way he has been playing.

---------- Post added 2011-09-30 at 08:08 PM ----------

I hope Toronto can finally get things going this year. Sick of seeing that team suck.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    3-3 Leafs vs Wings going into OT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    3-3 Leafs vs Wings going into OT.
    GO LEAFS!

Damnit.. cant find a working stream...

Can't wait for reg. season..

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woo Komisaurus scores the winner in OT.

15+ Year Old Account
    Woo Komisaurus scores the winner in OT.
    Sweet! Wish I could have watched it. Might have to shell out for Leafs TV. Unfortunately they only have 2-3 games a month.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    More like 1-2. I just listened to the game on AM640 Toronto since the TV's with the cable boxes were occupied tonight <_<

15+ Year Old Account
    More like 1-2. I just listened to the game on AM640 Toronto since the TV's with the cable boxes were occupied tonight <_<
    Bummer. I forgot about AM640. They stream that too.. and here I've been listening to podcasts....

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the better team wins again!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Obviously the better team wins again!
    Woot Woot!

How are the 'nucks doing this pre-season? Haven't followed it much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Woot Woot!

How are the 'nucks doing this pre-season? Haven't followed it much
    To be honest, I haven't either.
    I do get razzed on a daily basis over my Leafs hat though!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    To be honest, I haven't either.
    I do get razzed on a daily basis over my Leafs hat though!
    Aww. I guess so in BC. Well, they do call it Leafs Nation.

(inc shitstorm).