Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the west is too stacked for it to work, you forget that the West, Top to Bottom, has been better than the East for at least the last 5 years.
    Eh, hardly. I think the west has just as many bottom feeders as the east does, and in respect to each side, I think they both have power teams. Recently for the west the Hawks, Red Wings, Sharks and Canucks have stepped up. But in the East you've had Pittsburgh, Capitals, Boston and the Devils consistantly above the top (Minus the Capitals/Pens this season, and Devils last season). I can also point out more lolyoubad Western teams than I can Eastern.

However, I usually only focus on the Eastern conference until playoffs begin, so I can't say much more than that.

I also loled so hard at the Mod posting about the Sharks comment (Surprised you didn't choke, blahblahblah). Best comment I've seen the past week.

10+ Year Old Account
    we gotta work on your sense of sarcasm AND humor.
    Lid doesnt look a day over 21, you guys got another 20 years in the kid id say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Lid doesnt look a day over 21, you guys got another 20 years in the kid id say.
    my point exactly, the dude is eternally youthful.

10+ Year Old Account
    my point exactly, the dude is eternally youthful.
    Can we set up a play date for O'Donnell and Lid? So Lid can teach O'Donnell how play like your 20 again and to not turnover the puck 5 times in your own zone before you ice it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we set up a play date for O'Donnell and Lid? So Lid can teach O'Donnell how play like your 20 again and to not turnover the puck 5 times in your own zone before you ice it?
    depends, will you trade O'Donnell away so we aren't improving the current state of the Hawks? oh wait, as bad as O'Donnell is, trading him away IS an Improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You're a Sharks fan, so I'm impressed you didn't choke on something before pushing submit.

Speaking of the Sharks, glad to see they are back to not sucking. They were out of the playoffs like a week and change ago and suddenly they are winning that divisions and looking damn impressive plus they still have the best play by play announcer in the business (and I borderline enjoy Remenda).
    I <3 you conscript. so many of your posts make me have a really good laugh, and out of enjoyment. thanks for being an honest, but just for sport, guy. ah shit, choke while hitting submit... hilarious!

but yeah, it is nice to see them playing like they did at the beginning of the season again. also, thanks for the remenda love btw.

and marc, i was meaning my post to go both ways, but i made the mistake of making it sound directed at redwings fans initially, and i apologize for that. there were a lot of bs missed calls in that game on both ends.

i've just been trying myself not to bitch by the many, many, many many many missed calls in games. my health isnt so good these days so i do my best not to complain and was just sending the same advise to you alls. my health, as well as yours, is not worth the stress
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2012-01-09 at 11:16 PM.

<3 Ched.
    They play from horn to horn and not whistle to whistle like most other teams..
    This, I like. Good way to put it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there is only one team from the NW that's any good right? Vancouver are good but anytime they put Luongo in net it's a pot luck game. and I think a lot of people are onto the Sedins tricks this season, they aren't nearly as potent as they were last year.

I'd like to point out Over the entire league the Avs are ranked 17th, barely average GA but fairly compensated by our offense.
    Also, we have more points than PIT, CAL, WSH and on the same points as DAL, LAK and TOR.

Considering we're the youngest team with many rookies in some our more prominent lines I think we're going to be rather powerful in the coming years. As for this year, thanks for damn near writing us off already folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    Seeing as the NHL was born in America, no. I mean American hockey (With mostly Canadians playing it of course)
    Uh, no. The NHL was made with US teams involved because you have the population to support the sport, but the heart and development of the game, is purely Canadian. Especially, when we are 53% of the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    A simple wiki search is enough to prove you wrong, Ched. The NHL is Canadian, and we'll always make sure people know it, because hockey is Canada's sport.

The league was organized on November 26, 1917, in Montreal, Canada, during World War I after the suspension of operations of its predecessor organization, the National Hockey Association (NHA), which had been founded in 1909.[4] It started with four teams and, through a series of expansions, contractions, and relocations, the league is now composed of 30 active franchises.

And grats Canucks on winning Game 8, I was glad to see a lot less falling over and a lot more standing up.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-01-10 at 12:00 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    <3 Ched. All you really need to say though is if Marchand played the game the wrong way he wouldn't have 32 points in 37 games. The dude is a complete pest and an irritant, but he is first and foremost a hockey player. He isn't a guy like Boogaard who has two career goals in about ten seasons and only serves one purpose on the team. Marchand is a complete asshole, but he is a hockey player and is a huge reason the Bruins are as good as they are. The B's are a crazy team man. They were great last year and that was before their young talent really turned it on. This year, Seguin and Marchand are just killing it. Bergeron is on pace to score about 13 more points than last year. They are a crazy deep and talented team.

Also, Boston is the dirtiest team in hockey but hey that is their play style and clearly it works. If they were out there throwing elbows every which way and trying to end guys careers every night (ala the Islanders last year) then it would be an issue. I've taken offense at some of their after the whistle antics like the sucker punch I think Horton landed on Hedman last year against Tampa in the playoffs, but that is just who they are. They play from horn to horn and not whistle to whistle like most other teams.

---------- Post added 2012-01-09 at 04:23 PM ----------

Surely you don't mean Ottawa that has a higher playoff seed than the Leafs right now do you? Must be another place.
    3 points doesn't really guarantee you a playoff position, and the difference between 5th and 9th right now is 5 points. If they lose 3 regulation games they will be out of the top 8 and they are going to get dominated by Toronto in a couple of weeks because we all know how terrible Ottawa is against Toronto. Plus, the Leafs are on a roll right now and can take over 6th place if they win tomorrow and the Devils lose. The East is way too close to call, from 4th down to 8th it's anybodies game right now. Victories and winning streaks will get you into the post season, so anyone who expect to compete better win a lot of games, otherwise they are out.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends, will you trade O'Donnell away so we aren't improving the current state of the Hawks? oh wait, as bad as O'Donnell is, trading him away IS an Improvement.
    hahaaaaaa, yes indeed it would be.

In other news...
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...155530523.html

I lol'd. Oh and 5 games Marchand....lol.
    Last edited by Garbles; 2012-01-10 at 12:35 AM.

hahaaaaaa, yes indeed it would be.

In other news...
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...155530523.html

I lol'd.
    That was as funny as hearing the Bruin fans gasp at Marchand getting 5 games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canuck's first shot of the game is in the net.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Seeing as the NHL was born in America, no. I mean American hockey (With mostly Canadians playing it of course)
    The NHL was founded in Montréal...

EVERY team does this. Every single one. Maybe not every time their down in the 3rd, but the Bruins don't do it every time either.
    I suppose I am biased in how the only time I really watch Boston play is if they are playing the Canadiens, which pretty much always ends in fighting. lol.

As for awards... here is my troll list:

Hart: Scott Gomez
    Lady Byng: Sean Avery
    Vezina: Ty Conklin
    Calder: Adam Larsson
    Art Ross: Ville Leino
    Norris: Tomas Kaberle
    Smythe: Olli Jokinen
    Jack Adams: Jack Capuano
    Selke: Eric Staal
    Richard: Brad Staubitz

...and my serious list:

Hart: Claude Giroux
    Lady Byng: Jarome Iginla or Daniel Alfredsson
    Vezina: Jimmy Howard
    Calder: Gabriel Landeskog
    Art Ross: Probably will be Daniel Sedin again.
    Norris: Erik Karlsson
    Smythe: Hard to say, really.
    Jack Adams: Ron Wilson
    Selke: I don't really have an idea.
    Richard: I'm leaning on Stephen Stamkos
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Canuck's first shot of the game is in the net.
    You're playing the Panthers, nobody cares.

Don't be a hypocrite.
    Where? The Horton hit and my response to it are archives somewhere. My thoughts on it were that it was late and unnecessary. Similarly the Torres-Seabrook incident from round 1. I thought it too was unnecessary and dangerous - albeit the rules at that time left what he did open. Both of these guys got match penalties (I think),and both of them DID get suspended.

My point with the videos I posted was to show that Marchand is a repeat offender that is going to cause some serious damage to himself and players if he continues this way. Chirping in the media scrums that Salo was out to get him just lowers his credibility and future defense (which will probably bee needed). With the normalization of penalties and power-plays in games I think acts like this will probably become more regular around the league.

And the number of days of suspension were one over what I thought it would be. I thought 4 games would be good enough, but I can't complain. Maybe he'll can this shit.
    Last edited by Xevan; 2012-01-10 at 01:23 AM.
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    A simple wiki search is enough to prove you wrong, Ched. The NHL is Canadian, and we'll always make sure people know it, because hockey is Canada's sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Uh, no. The NHL was made with US teams involved because you have the population to support the sport, but the heart and development of the game, is purely Canadian. Especially, when we are 53% of the league.
    I was wrong. My bad. Sorry Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Where? The Horton hit and my response to it are archives somewhere. My thoughts on it were that it was late and unnecessary. Similarly the Torres-Seabrook incident from round 1. I thought it too was unnecessary and dangerous - albeit the rules at that time left what he did open. Both of these guys got match penalties (I think),and both of them DID get suspended.

My point with the videos I posted was to show that Marchand is a repeat offender that is going to cause some serious damage to himself and players if he continues this way. Chirping in the media scrums that Salo was out to get him just lowers his credibility and future defense (which will probably bee needed). With the normalization of penalties and power-plays in games I think acts like this will probably become more regular around the league.

And the number of days of suspension were one over what I thought it would be. I thought 4 games would be good enough, but I can't complain. Maybe he'll can this shit.
    Fair enough. I can respect that.
    Last edited by Cheddabezze; 2012-01-10 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: fail on my part. If anyone read that.

Update: Vancouver 1-1 Florida
    Last edited by Kevorkian; 2012-01-10 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    3 points doesn't really guarantee you a playoff position, and the difference between 5th and 9th right now is 5 points. If they lose 3 regulation games they will be out of the top 8 and they are going to get dominated by Toronto in a couple of weeks because we all know how terrible Ottawa is against Toronto. Plus, the Leafs are on a roll right now and can take over 6th place if they win tomorrow and the Devils lose. The East is way too close to call, from 4th down to 8th it's anybodies game right now. Victories and winning streaks will get you into the post season, so anyone who expect to compete better win a lot of games, otherwise they are out.
    Can't credit the Leafs with a win over Ottawa when you don't know if there might be an incompetent ref or two during the game. Some guy might get a penalty shot, pretend he injured himself, let Alfreddson take it, and come back in a couple shifts.