10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepetricy View Post
    Coyotes fan here: Do you guys think the Coyotes will be able to grab the third seed over SJ?
    Entirely possible, you have the same amount of points, you're on a 3 game win streak while SJ is on a 3 game losing streak. They have 2 games in hand on you though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Coyotes fan here: Do you guys think the Coyotes will be able to grab the third seed over SJ?
    If Mike Smith keeps playing out of his mind, absolutely. The Sharks haven't looked that good this year and have been cruising along on their superior talent and inferior division. With Phoenix actually showing up now there is a real good chance they could take that division. They play San Jose three times next month and those will all be huge games.

New Jersey was the only team in the top 4 of each conference to win last night out of the 5 teams that played. Way to go Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Fucking yes yes yes!!! What did I say... Hawks seems to be back for real. What an awesome game. Crawford have really been good the couple of games. I sure as hell he can keep it up. FUCK YES, important game to win, and watch man I'm happy great start of the day. Let's go Hawks!
    I remember it all too well

Hello St.Louis, haven't seen you guys since 2010. Well, good luck to you, not that you will need it with the way the Bruins have been playing lately. /sigh

It should still be a very good game to watch, I'm looking forward to 8pm.

***By the way, this is the save of the year. Don't even try to argue. ok?
    Last edited by Cheddabezze; 2012-02-22 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, San Jose has to start playing like San Jose sooner or later. They're just coasting their way into the playoffs and I'm sure now that teams are actually catching up, they should actually start playing well again.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    ***By the way, this is the save of the year. Don't even try to argue. ok?
    No argument from me. Holy crap what a save.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    The Jackets traded Antonie Vermette to the Yotes for two draft picks(2nd 2010, 5th 2013 or 4th if the Yotes win a playoff round this year) and a minor league goalie. So essentially the Yotes got a decent 2nd line center and the Jackets got three more prospects they can whiff on in the draft or screw up in their system. Good move for both teams really as the Jackets dump more salary ($3.75m for three more years) and the Yotes get another decent forward.

The Devils owner also found a way to not have to sell the team for at least another couple months. Managed to get around $80 million in financing to cover the teams current debt obligations. If things don't improve and he doesn't find a more solid source of financing he may be forced to sell the team prior to 2012. Is it just me or does this scream LA Dodgers v2.0? I don't know the specifics, whereas McCourt was pulling hundreds of millions out of the Dodgers vaults, but when an owner is taking millions in loans just to keep the team afloat it doesn't seem like a real stable long term situation.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-02-22 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toews is concussed, this blows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Toews is concussed, this blows.
    God I really hope it isn't severe. Losing him for an extended period of time would be brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    couple games coming up for the leafs on tsn vs SJ and CHI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    God I really hope it isn't severe. Losing him for an extended period of time would be brutal.
    Theyre saying he may have gotten it during some point on the 9 game road trip which he played all of those games, but yea i hope its not too severe. Having Toews and Datsyuk out yesterday was too weird...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post

every team in the NHL has someone everyone hates.. Marchand, Downie, Ott, Subban, fakerittey, burrows, neil, kesler and bieksa..and im sure when Orr was up or if tucker was still with the leafs, he be on that list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ovie isn't playing tonight for the Caps in a big game against the Sens. So he leaves a game early with an equipment issue. Misses a day of practice for "maintenance". And now he misses a game with a mystery LBI. Not saying he isn't injured, but the way he was acting like a pissed off bastard the other day wanting his teammates to force pucks to him makes me think the team is taking a stand and trying to get him to own up to the C on his chest.

Ovie isn't playing tonight for the Caps in a big game against the Sens. So he leaves a game early with an equipment issue. Misses a day of practice for "maintenance". And now he misses a game with a mystery LBI. Not saying he isn't injured, but the way he was acting like a pissed off bastard the other day wanting his teammates to force pucks to him makes me think the team is taking a stand and trying to get him to own up to the C on his chest.
    They put the C on him too soon, too much pressure. He seems like the type to play better with less to worry about.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I think they should strip him of the C TBH. I can think of quite a few guys more deserving of it than Ovi right now.

Also Vokoun is fucking worthless.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I think they should strip him of the C TBH. I can think of quite a few guys more deserving of it than Ovi right now.

Also Vokoun is fucking worthless.
    Maybe if he had a real D in front of him, he would stop more pucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Karlsson show, 3 points already this game, holy crap
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Maybe if he had a real D in front of him, he would stop more pucks.
    And bingo. Washington is the Chicago situation but worse. Most of their defenseman play offense first hockey. With Green finally back in the rotation it only amplifies that issue because he is a fucking horrible defenseman. Guy is (was) lethal offensively, but he gets abused in his own end. Vokoun doesn't suck. Vokoun has been good/great his entire career carrying the Panthers who were epicly bad. Its rare for a guy to just completely lose his game when he moves to a new team and I really don't think that is what happened here. It is a case of a no effort defensive team putting in no effort just like they have for years which is why they have exactly zero names on the Cup despite having some of the best offensive line ups anyone put out since the lockout.

As for Ovie being the captain, ya I think it is a bad idea. It reminds me a lot of Vancouver giving Luongo the C. There are some guys that can carry the burden and some that can't. When I think of a team's captain I think of a guy who is down to Earth and dedicated to being a leader for his franchise. Couple perfect examples of this. Chicago's captain isn't a tested veteran, they went young. They didn't go their All-Star level, NHL scorer in Kane who is a big personality guy (read as party guy) like Ovie, they went with Toews, a guy who is ridiculously grounded. The Rangers went with Callahan who is exactly like that too. I'm trying to think of another captain in the NHL lately that was even remotely similar in personality to Ovie. Richards was the Flyers captain and everyone sees how that played out. Looking at a list of the NHL captains, every single one but Ovie is a guy you don't hear a peep out of off the ice. They aren't making rap videos or clubbing with models. They are for the most part veterans or young guys that are really solid in their dedication to their team like Towes, Nash, Callahan, Weber, Parise, etc. When was the last time you ever heard anyone question the work ethic of any of the other captains in the NHL now or even recently aside from Ovie and Mike Richards?

The C doesn't have to be on the chest of your best player. Milan Hejduk is the Avs C and he is probably their 4th-6th best guy behind a bunch of young kids. The C needs to be your best person in the locker room.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    The Karlsson show, 3 points already this game, holy crap
    Thats 60 points now isn't it? Un-freaking-real the type of year that guy is having along with the rest of the Sens. Just a couple months ago people were wondering how far below the 14th team they would be in the East. Now they are fighting for not only a playoff spot, but the division. Even more unreal about Karly than his increased points this year, his plus minus has increased by +44 this season (+46 right now through this game). That is nuts.

Respect the Mustache.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 08:41 PM ----------

Way to drop the ball and not get a point on the 4th goal Karly. Piece of crap.

So has Washington just given up now or something? 1 goal in three games. Outscored in that time 11-1, 9-0 last two games.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-02-23 at 01:37 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think John McLean is going to get the Jack Adam's award this year, he has done a great job with Ottawa, as much as it pains me to admit that as well. I figured they would be bottom of the league but they are fighting just like everyone else. Do they have the depth to go far? Not in the net at least and their D lacks some experience, but we shall see.