Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    It's supposed to be awarded to the most valuable player to their team, and even though Stamkos was amazing this season, him and his team failed to qualify in the regular season, thus failed the season.
    I understand what your saying, however you seem to also be saying that a teams success rides on a single persons shoulders. The entire point of the awards is a single persons efforts, not the collective team. A player can have a FANTASTIC season on say, Columbus, but somehow hes not worthy of the award because his team was shit when the award is for how a single person performed? That's kinda my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    I understand what your saying, however you seem to also be saying that a teams success rides on a single persons shoulders. The entire point of the awards is a single persons efforts, not the collective team. A player can have a FANTASTIC season on say, Columbus, but somehow hes not worthy of the award because his team was shit when the award is for how a single person performed? That's kinda my point.
    How valuable can a player be, when his teams fails their main objective? This isn't the award for the best player, instead most valuable. It's like awarding a car best paint job while it's on fire.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Lets go mooseheads!!!

Edit: Nevermind, Rimouski is wrecking us.
    Last edited by Asera; 2012-04-28 at 12:46 AM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mike smith

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    How valuable can a player be, when his teams fails their main objective? This isn't the award for the best player, instead most valuable. It's like awarding a car best paint job while it's on fire.
    The Hart Trophy is awarded to the player "judged most valuable to his team." Its absolutely REGARDLESS of how well the team did itself, but the player who had the best season and did the most for his team, period! Nowhere has it been mentioned its about getting his team into the playoffs or winning the Cup, but simply the player who did the most for his team during the regular season.

PS. Which I don't even agree with Stamkos getting the nod, he had a hell of a season scoring 60 goals on a team that fell apart, but his numbers and +/- are atrocious in my mind to even be considered.
    Last edited by Juno86; 2012-04-28 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bøder is on fire! Holy shit man... If Coyotes beat Preds.... oh my lord..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Bøder is on fire! Holy shit man... If Coyotes beat Preds.... oh my lord..
    Game 2 will tell me much more about where we stand in this series. We always play like crap right after a long layoff, we have all year long. TBH I was actually surprised we scored as much as we did, and from what I gather really took the game over in the 3rd. Hopefully its a sign of things to come and the guys just needed to get the rust off. Rinne had a pretty lackluster night and we still had a chance so I'm not too worried yet.

The other thing is you would think at some point Pheonix giving up all these late leads is going to eventually bite them in the butt. Not sure it will be in this series, but its generally not a good thing to do very often in the playoffs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're going with the "let Mike Smith stop everything and we'll score when we get chances" strategy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chiming in here to say that I can not believe the Yotes actually beat the Preds...Once again I didn't see that coming and of course its' only 1 game, but damn. Definitely peaked my interest into this series a bit more. This whole year's playoff is surprising me .....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Chiming in here to say that I can not believe the Yotes actually beat the Preds...Once again I didn't see that coming and of course its' only 1 game, but damn. Definitely peaked my interest into this series a bit more. This whole year's playoff is surprising me .....
    I can't believe they scored a combined seven goals.

Such awful officiating

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never noticed this before, but is the Statue of Liberty on Lundqvist's mask holographic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving this Kreider kid for the Rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holtby finally had a bad game. Pretty weak third goal.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chat's up for tonights LA v ST Louis game if anyone's interested.
    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

I keep trying to connect to the webchat and it disconnects me and says the IP has been blacklisted...wtf for? lol Gonna disconnect and reconnect on this laptop, otherwise I'll have to see if I can just use my phone =/

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing the value in Jeff Carter as a player. Everything he gets the puck on his stick for a scoring chance he never really makes anything happen. I haven't seen him pull off any amazing defensive plays either. Most of the time I hear he's labeled as a skill goal scorer but I'm just not seeing it. Seems like a klutz out there with the puck.

10+ Year Old Account
    World Championship rosters are out.

http://www.iihf.com/home-of-hockey/n...html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=955&cHash=c6a3cd27f6

15+ Year Old Account
    man look at all those Red Wings on Sweden...