10+ Year Old Account
    Hudler? He's not amazing defensively, has always been considered a bit lazy and is invisible in the Playoffs. He's a good second line player.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Not a terrible signing, step in the right direction I spose. God knows we need centers and have about 7 mil to spend still. Doesn't bring us our bonafide #1 center yet but I think he'll put in some good minutes. More pieces my friends, more pieces.

edit What do I have to yell at my tv for about this guy? Giveaways, missed goals, ect?
    Dude is just incredibly inconsistent. When he shows up he is good and totally worth that $4 million figure. That applies to about 1 out of every 3 games though. He got it together though last year and put up 50 points like he is certainly capable of. I hope things work out for him and looking at the comparable players list on Capgeek that deal isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. He is young enough to help Calgary out for years so it isn't a bad deal at all.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like Brodeur is off the market and back in NJ for 2 more years. Good luck NJ, you guys are going to need it to make the playoffs the next 2 years, especially if Parise is walking.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to sources Parise is going to speak to the media soon.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    According to sources Parise is going to speak to the media soon.
    Coincidence that Montreal's GM has a scheduled media session later this afternoon that he just pushed back from 5?

Lol jk, no way he goes to the Habs.

Calgary apparently has the 2nd highest payroll in the NHL. WTF.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 04:55 PM ----------

Freaking a make an announcement already Parise so Suter, Semin, Carle, and the half dozen other big guys can make their in the next couple hours.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 05:04 PM ----------

Okay. His fucking announcement was that he hasn't made a decision and is still mulling it over with no deadline in mind. I officially am going to get an ulcer with this free agency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thanks Parise. NOW NOTHING ELSE WILL HAPPEN.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me think he's deciding between staying in NJ or not. Greedy mother fuckers, just sign to teams who cares about where Parise goes and how much money he gets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Habs sign Price to a 6 year deal. That was their announcement. I hate free agency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Derek Roy sent to the Stars for Ott and Pardy.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Habs sign Price to a 6 year deal. That was their announcement. I hate free agency.
    Sadly, it's always kind of underwhelming. I miss the days of seeing teams shake things up, and not knowing where a huge name might go. Now it's mostly watching a bunch of unproven future talents get shuffled around while franchise mainstays hum and haw about where to go before resigning with the same team nine years in a row.

My predictions for the rest of this draft:

Edmonton deals Petry to Minnesota for Kassian.

Nashville sends Kostitsyn to St. Louis for Cheechoo.

Winnipeg trades Wellwood to Dallas for Dvorak.

And finally, Vancouver dumps Luongo on an unsuspecting Florida team in order to regain Marco Sturm and three bags of potatoes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Dallas is trying to gear up to make some sort of a run in the playoffs. Not saying they'll pull it off but I can see the Stars making it to the Conference Finals with some good seeding. They have the goalie potential and highly skilled players to make it happen. Eriksson, Benn, Whitney, Roy, Ryder, Morrow (if he can stay healthy) are all really good players. They have decent defense too. Not saying look out for Dallas, but they could definitely do what the Coyotes did last year. Way better team but worse goal tending.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ollie Jokinen signs with the Jets 2 years $9 million.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Sadly, it's always kind of underwhelming. I miss the days of seeing teams shake things up, and not knowing where a huge name might go. Now it's mostly watching a bunch of unproven future talents get shuffled around while franchise mainstays hum and haw about where to go before resigning with the same team nine years in a row.

My predictions for the rest of this draft:

Edmonton deals Petry to Minnesota for Kassian.

Nashville sends Kostitsyn to St. Louis for Cheechoo.

Winnipeg trades Wellwood to Dallas for Dvorak.

And finally, Vancouver dumps Luongo on an unsuspecting Florida team in order to regain Marco Sturm and three bags of potatoes.
    Wellwood is a UFA isn't he? Why the hell would the Preds deal a legit top two line player for a guy who has played in the minors for the last two plus seasons.

Edit: Scratch that Kos is an RFA, assuming you mean Sergei, so trading his rights would make sense. Also, how the hell has Cheechoo been in the minors for two seasons? I didn't even realize he left the Sharks in 2009-10 for Ottawa let alone that he hasn't played lol.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Seems like Dallas is trying to gear up to make some sort of a run in the playoffs. Not saying they'll pull it off but I can see the Stars making it to the Conference Finals with some good seeding. They have the goalie potential and highly skilled players to make it happen. Eriksson, Benn, Whitney, Roy, Ryder, Morrow (if he can stay healthy) are all really good players. They have decent defense too. Not saying look out for Dallas, but they could definitely do what the Coyotes did last year. Way better team but worse goal tending.
    Well in Dallas' defense, and I say this thinking you're 100% nuts, no one thought the Yotes goal tending would be nearly as good as it was and most people probably would have put Dallas ahead of them going into last year. Anything can happen although I am totally rooting for Dallas to blow the 8 seed either on the final day of the season like year before last or in the final week.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-03 at 01:18 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is Buffalo really trying to be the shittiest team in the East this year? Looks like it, trading Roy for Steve Ott, not that he is a really bad player, he just isn't much better then Derek Roy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Contract dump and Ott adds some needed size.

Most of the recent signings are a bit overpaid, don't you think? Being a free agent after the cap got raised - priceless. Just wonder how much Suter and Parise will make next year.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

Well in Dallas' defense, and I say this thinking you're 100% nuts, no one thought the Yotes goal tending would be nearly as good as it was and most people probably would have put Dallas ahead of them going into last year. Anything can happen although I am totally rooting for Dallas to blow the 8 seed either on the final day of the season like year before last or in the final week.
    Mainly meant get to the Conf. Finals when nobody really had you picked to do that at all. Dallas has a solid team and they only got better this year. I don't know, I just really would like to see them do well, grew up watching Modano and Neiwendyke ripping it up. Also, glad to see Jokinen staying in Canada. Great pickup for the Jets if he can recreate what he did last season. Made everyone around him better in so many places and evolved into sort of a 2 way center.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-07-03 at 07:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wings offer to Suter is reportedly 12 years $90 million. I can handle that cap hit. As long as it doesn't get north of $8 million I am on board. If it does, fuck that get Carle for like $6 million just like Semin over Parise for way cheaper.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 09:24 AM ----------

Andrew Raycroft signed to play with Milan in the Serie A league. I didn't even realize there was a pro league in Italy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you combined the joy of Christmas & Hanukkah, and mixed it with the agony of a root canal, you'd have NHL free agency.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Trying to keep up with free agency while moving is worse.

Fortunately, moving is complete.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    The Devils brought Salvador back for three years. For a team that is completely broke and needs to write a check for $77 million in 42 days or the lenders that gave the owner a huge loan last year or the NHL will seize the team they sure are dishing out some money in free agency to keep their guys.

Speaking of which, the NHL has 42 days to sell the Yotes or they will own two teams. lololol Contraction imo. Voters in Glendale have 6 more days to reach the 1900 signatures to essentially kill the Coyotes sale. I can't find an update on the web of how close to that number they are.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-03 at 05:01 PM.