Ya... we've had this talk a few times. Cut the league down to 24-26 teams and things would probably be somewhat peachier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Ya... we've had this talk a few times. Cut the league down to 24-26 teams and things would probably be somewhat peachier.
    When you have three teams in the greater New York area and two of them are failing, it might be a good time to take a look in the mirror and consider all the options available to you. God knows Bettman and the NHL won't though which is why there are still rumors of expansion to Quebec and Seattle. Owners love to get those expansion fee paychecks even if it means half the teams in the league lose huge money every year.

Islanders, Panthers, Lightning, Hurricanes, Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Stars... lose those 7 (maybe have one move to Seattle), and I'd be fine... >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Islanders, Panthers, Lightning, Hurricanes, Blue Jackets, Coyotes, Stars... lose those 7 (maybe have one move to Seattle), and I'd be fine... >.>
    The Devils should be in that discussion moreso than the Lightning. The Bolts have actually managed to work their way into not being a complete dumpster fire of a franchise. Now they are just a small grease fire. I'd probably want the Canes to be the relocated team out of that bunch or the Islanders. The rest should absolutely be shuttered like tomorrow. I don't see the downside. Not a single damn one of those teams is a big media draw locally for their team or nationally for games. Miami is always a bad market in every sport. I have never once seen Caorlina's cities mentioned in national ratings. Columbus is alright. Phoenix never is. Dallas always trails freaking Houston in national ratings for the Finals and playoffs. All those teams are already on the brink of collapse.

And yet Canada continues to have 3-4 NHL ready cities with billionaire owners willing to shell out a briefcase full of cash for a team right now. None of this bull crap with Jamison still struggling to raise $170 million to buy the Yotes. There are people willing to buy teams and move them to Quebec and other places right now, today, who will write a purchase and relocation check. But nah, lets keep on keeping on in Glendale where the Yotes have finished dead last in attendance for years and have never made a dime in profit as far as I know. Lets keep on sucking money out of the Red Wings, Rangers, Pens (not that they weren't in a similar spot not long ago), Philly, etc. to prop up that crapfest.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bettman just seems obsessed with getting the game in every American city rather than Canadian ones for whatever reason. I think this picture pretty much sums up what everyone thinks.

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content...management.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waiting for Scott Howson to sign Suter and Parise, keep Nash and just crotch-chop all of us for making fun of him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I'm just waiting for Scott Howson to sign Suter and Parise, keep Nash and just crotch-chop all of us for making fun of him.
    I think I will officially stop making fun of the Jackets forever if Howson manages to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I think I will officially stop making fun of the Jackets forever if Howson manages to do that.
    I won't because somehow they will find a way to still be the worst team in the league.

Apparently the Wings have upped their offer to Suter to 90M/13 years... jesus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Red Wings team plane just returned from Wisconsin where they met Suter. Media wasn't allowed to be there when plane landed and they offered no interviews. Maybe Suter was on board and one of the big pieces can fall into place finally.

Or he wasn't and nothing is happening until Thursday.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wings offer to Suter is reportedly 12 years $90 million. I can handle that cap hit. As long as it doesn't get north of $8 million I am on board. If it does, fuck that get Carle for like $6 million just like Semin over Parise for way cheaper.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 09:24 AM ----------

Andrew Raycroft signed to play with Milan in the Serie A league. I didn't even realize there was a pro league in Italy.
    Just goes to show you how bad Andrew Raycrap really is as a goalie, can't even get an AHL gig or does he expect to get more money in Italy? Oh how the mighty have fallen, never should have traded Rask JFJ you fucking twat!

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 05:28 PM ----------

I don't see why the league just doesn't retract. Many of those markets have failed and it would be better to scrap them all at once and put a couple of teams up here in Canada.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jagr signs with the Stars for a year. Pyatt signs with the Rangers for two.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised Jagr didn't go back to Pittsburgh

10+ Year Old Account

Happy 4th of July everyone!....lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Parise just did an interview. He is closer to a decision but is going to take time to think it over. Plans on going out on his pontoon boat tomorrow and will think it over. Wouldn't be surprised to see a decision Thursday from the sounds of it. Apparently he has been talking to Suter also so maybe the package deal rumor still has legs. Either way sounds like we get a day off tomorrow from signings to celebrate 'Murica/watch the Twilight Zone marathon like every year.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    What is this 4th of July nonsense.
    red panda red panda red panda!

I call it Wednesday.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dreger expects both Parise and Suter to sign today. As Americans, shouldn't they both be busy drinking, eating steak, and blowing shit up? Murica!

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 10:49 AM ----------

Heavily rumored that both Parise and Suter will sign with the Wild.

What
    the
    Fuck

Not the Red Wings who haven't missed the playoffs in over 20 years and have won 4 Cups. Not the Pens with two of the top five players in the league and two recent cup appearances. The Minnesota freaking Wild.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 12:17 PM ----------

Pens officially out on Parise. Wings also out.
    Suter signs with Wild.
    Minnnesota working out final details with Wild.
    Wings now looking to Semin. Carle expected to sign somewhere later today.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 12:21 PM ----------

Parise officially a Wild.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-04 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Wtf Wild get Parise and Suter. SIGH.

---------- Post added 2012-07-04 at 04:23 PM ----------

Please get at least Semin >.<

Maybe Carle, at least he could replace Stuart.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Where are you getting Parise signing with Minnesota?
    red panda red panda red panda!